Battleships Bismark.

Markindel

stupid quesiton, but is there any ''mirroring'' into the right wheel collision ?

Thanks Forza42.

No, no "mirroring."

I also redid the right main landing gear, but the problem is always there.

I begin to suspect that the problem is in lua code.

Edit:

This is so far the best result.

I'm getting closer but I'm still far from being resolved.

However, the problem is both in 3D and in the lua files.

The solution lies in the coordinated change of these elements.

P38D AI

SoqvNmal.jpg

P38D Piloted... and soon after slightly breakthrough on the track and just try to move the plane, it explodes

6t3pTWel.jpg

Edited by Markindel

Some friends and I started an SFM for a WW2 aircraft and had the same issue with it exploding when moving on the ground.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Are you using the wunderluft SFM? try adjusting the vector coordinate of the wheels and see what the effect is. Maybe the aircrafts centre point is not where you thought is was.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Just got back home a short while ago and am catching up on things. How about wheel hitboxes Markindel? Someone I know tried to build a stuka and had problems where the aircraft was doing stuff like floating off the ground. I will check with him and see if he also had problems like yours or had any memories of workarounds or suggestions. Unfortunately he's been away from DCS for a year or so and may not recall too well the details.

<edit>I was lucky and saw him in steam not long after posting here. He said he didn't remember having issues like that but his comments were "don't think it exploded but if the contact points for wheels weren't setup properly in the attachment points then it just wouldn't take off(stuck to ground)" and "but they did change the way the plane makes contact, 1 was with a "container mesh" the other was with the attachment points , can't remember which was the later method or if they were both needed". He's last thought was "if u bring up a model in the viewer and you go to the attachment pts you should see a point on the bottom of wheels maybe as well as some sort of container (or 2) in the mesh view, it would have to be one of those I reckon, best is to check out the p51/fw190 models and lua" and "possibly check the bounding box and user box" - I don't really know what they are sorry.

Note that he last worked on modelling for DCS over 12 months ago so his comments may no longer be relevant anymore. Hope it helps you Markindel. If you wish to do so feel free to PM the lua to me and I will see if I can see anything but unless it is wheel positions and diameters there is nothing really wheel/undercarriage related in the main lua that I know of.

@X39crazy, only way to do it at present is to carefully plot the waypoints of individual aircraft and minimise turns and test run the whole formations flight path using time accel to check for issues.

Edited by Stonehouse

Hi TwoLate,

Yep sounds good. I checked that normal ground attack and runway attacked worked ok before posting the lua. Didn't have time to check naval attacks or double check that the guns still work (well as well as they can anyway as they are pretty weak)

Stonehouse using the advance waypoints I was able to bomb a building on the airport. I can bomb anything I point it too. It will leave flight path to correct itself to line up with what I want it to bomb. I also can use ground attack.

I was thinking the same.

It could be a nice addon if we could bombing with the Zero.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

For the series .. the problems are never alone!

(This is an Italian way of saying translated into English, I hope to have the same meaning).

I added the connector under the wings of the A6M Zero (Pylon1 and Pylon2)

I modified the A6M2Zero.lua file. I added the following lines:

-----------------------------------------------

pylons =

{

pylon (1, 0, 7.7, -0.5, 0,

{

},

{

{CLSID = "{AN-M64}"},

}

),

pylon (2, 0, 1.8, -0.5, 0,

{

},

{

{CLSID = "{AN-M64}"},

}

),

},

-------------------------------------------------- ------

Unfortunately, however, the plane bombards only as AI.

If piloted it drops not the bomb.

I think so that there is a new job for Stonehouse :(

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4ymsjv4rnd1bc15/A6M2Zero_Bomber.zip

tried a mission i did yesterday ..

we were 4xP51 (as player) departed from airbase that is under attack by many (many!) Zero :D

our squadron was assisted by 2 another squadron of 3xP51 (as AI)

3xShips North Carolina was on the sea to protect the base.

around 30xZero came to bomb the airport then dogfight .... it was an incredible battle in the air during 1h30...

i placed some B-17, P51, gas truck, soldiers... on the airport ... explosions was everywhere :D

lot lot lot s ' of fun :D

too many debris was on the ground, so it was difficult to restart or to land safely lol

tried a mission i did yesterday ..

we were 4xP51 (as player) departed from airbase that is under attack by many (many!) Zero :D

our squadron was assisted by 2 another squadron of 3xP51 (as AI)

3xShips North Carolina was on the sea to protect the base.

around 30xZero came to bomb the airport then dogfight .... it was an incredible battle in the air during 1h30...

i placed some B-17, P51, gas truck, soldiers... on the airport ... explosions was everywhere :D

lot lot lot s ' of fun :D

too many debris was on the ground, so it was difficult to restart or to land safely lol

You won just because there was no big Saburo Sakai :music_whistling:

fdp4A5bl.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabur%C5%8D_Sakai

Corrected PBY lua below. Guns, pylon and fire pos table updated. Fire Pos table does make a difference so I will have to revisit the B17G lua as well. Confirmed that anti shipping strike works as does selecting the number of bombs to drop per attack.

I have tried and my Cat just fly over the Bismark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK I was just attacking a tanker and it worked. Will check again, unfortunately it is possible that the waypoint actions and these mods are a bit quirky for some reason. I tried to use the B17G from my earlier link in a simple mission and where before it drops the whole bombload as instructed it now does a bomb at a time so it's got me scratching my head as to what is going on. The B17 lua isn't different than before so I can only think that somehow the mission is triggering bad behaviours.

<edit> reporting back. PBY attacks a tanker elnya (Russian) happily but does not attack the Bismarck. Don't know why. Obviously it may be because the Bismarck is a mod and is missing something in DCS files that a std object has. I have some other ship mods so will try those too. You may want to confirm that it works on std ships TwoLate.

Additionally the one bomb at a time disease for ground attack/bombing waypoint action has struck the PBY now too.:bomb: - again I don't know why at present. So I will revisit all the lua's yet again to see if I can figure out what is happening :cry:

<edit2> strange and yet unconfirmed - it seems that changing the ROE on waypoint 0 to weapons free was the cause of the single bomb at a time issue. Really don't understand the connection or why it overrides the qty I selected on the bombing waypoint action on waypoint1. TwoLate are you changing ROE at all on your missions?

<edit3> setting ROE weapons free doesn't cause single bombitis when it is set on the waypoint after bombing. So it seems the ROE affects all weapons and is a higher override than individual waypoint attack actions. PBY also did not attack the SS Jeremiah O Brien mod ship but sank the std tanker elnya......which implies the modded ships are not complete somehow.

<edit4> It does seem to be mod ships that cause the issue. I set up two identical PBYs with the same orders but one attacks the tanker elnya and the other attacks a mod ship (DD Walker, Bismarck, OBrien, Kummings, Rebel boat (armed fishing boat). Consistently the tanker is sunk and the other is not attacked at all.

Edited by Stonehouse

OK I was just attacking a tanker and it worked. Will check again, unfortunately it is possible that the waypoint actions and these mods are a bit quirky for some reason. I tried to use the B17G from my earlier link in a simple mission and where before it drops the whole bombload as instructed it now does a bomb at a time so it's got me scratching my head as to what is going on. The B17 lua isn't different than before so I can only think that somehow the mission is triggering bad behaviours.

<edit> reporting back. PBY attacks a tanker elnya (Russian) happily but does not attack the Bismarck. Don't know why. Obviously it may be because the Bismarck is a mod and is missing something in DCS files that a std object has. I have some other ship mods so will try those too. You may want to confirm that it works on std ships TwoLate.

Additionally the one bomb at a time disease for ground attack/bombing waypoint action has struck the PBY now too.:bomb: - again I don't know why at present. So I will revisit all the lua's yet again to see if I can figure out what is happening :cry:

<edit2> strange and yet unconfirmed - it seems that changing the ROE on waypoint 0 to weapons free was the cause of the single bomb at a time issue. Really don't understand the connection or why it overrides the qty I selected on the bombing waypoint action on waypoint1. TwoLate are you changing ROE at all on your missions?

<edit3> setting ROE weapons free doesn't cause single bombitis when it is set on the waypoint after bombing. So it seems the ROE affects all weapons and is a higher override than individual waypoint attack actions. PBY also did not attack the SS Jeremiah O Brien mod ship but sank the std tanker elnya......which implies the modded ships are not complete somehow.

<edit4> It does seem to be mod ships that cause the issue. I set up two identical PBYs with the same orders but one attacks the tanker elnya and the other attacks a mod ship (DD Walker, Bismarck, OBrien, Kummings, Rebel boat (armed fishing boat). Consistently the tanker is sunk and the other is not attacked at all.

Nice find. Did you say you tried other ships. Or is it just the German nationality

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]