LotAtc 4 DCS - 1.0.0

Hey Dart, Bunz here.

I really think the problem has something to do with wifi/network/network card. Have you explored that side of things at all ? Remember the screenshots I sent you with my network speed dropping to 0 exactly during those steady intervals when the sound would cut out ?

Like I told you, everything is working fine on my new computer, and I have been trying to make LotATC work on 2 other PCs without never being able to. Maybe we could look at the network hardware on my machine.

It is a good way to explore also, could you send me more data on that (which network card are you using? wifi/ethernet? ) thx!

Same thing for others users that experiencing same problems?

Can I provide LotATC with a drawn map as an "overlay" or do I have to set every nav point manually every time I start the client and connect to the server?

First would be great, is there a documentation about that?

Yes, under drawings you can import JSON files (import drawings)

Here is an example from a mission within the 132nd Virtual Wing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p03zo5jrgyxijdr/OP%20GT%20JSON%20file%20september?dl=0

You can run LotATC, and then import the file and you should see what is possible.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Bunz , thanks for the hint ! It was the network card !

I switched to my cable and it is working fine now.

The Wi-Fi , USB network card that was causing the problem is : LINKSYS model: WUSB633

Thanks again Bunz!

Bunz , thanks for the hint ! It was the network card !

I switched to my cable and it is working fine now.

The Wi-Fi , USB network card that was causing the problem is : LINKSYS model: WUSB633

Thanks again Bunz!

Interesting, I will check with others users that have this problem ! Thx for the tip!

• 4 weeks later...

1.0.2 final release, thx to all beta-testers!

Changelog:

• FIX FOR GHOST WHEN RECONNECTING
  • NO NEED TO RESTART DCS when changing LotAtc settings in DCS options
  • FIX ALL AIRPORTS ON CAUCASUS AND NTTR
  • New: QFE on airport
  • New: QFE altitude on approach
  • New: Add 2°/5° lines in horizontal view in approach
  • New: Add LSLLC line in approach
  • NEW MAP ON NEVADA THANKS TO TOUBIB from 3rd Thanks for the job man!
  • BIG IMPROVEMENT ON DISTANCE/HEADING ( true and magnetic) on all maps
  • Lots of fix on approach/ILS
  • Update system libs, improve display performances
  • Fix for UR
    • new airports
    • Intercom should be ok

[*]Add NATO symbols (132nd query)

[*]Add Stuka NTTR json files in drawing directory of LotAtc client

[*]Fix icon in DCS Options

[*]Fix for TN name attribution in realistic

[*]Better Lon/Lat decimale management

[*]Fixes: round wind direction

[*]Fixes: BRAA on airports/items

https://www.lotatc.com/news/62
Edited by DArt

I have the problem (with 1.0.2) that i can not see the airfield on the NTTR map - on the BlackSea map, no problems.

Mission via MissionEditor and localhost connection.

Any idea?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

• 4 weeks later...

How is "Take Approach" turned off?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Release approach from the approach window, click the small triangle in the upper left corner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Thank-you.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 3 months later...

Feature request;

With the arrival of a civilian aircraft mod, is it possible to integrate the NEUTRAL status to a contact? The UNKNOWN cannot be assigned by the controller and we can't set it to blue or red because it doesn't meet the requirements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Hi DArt. Thanks for the awesome software!

I would like to know if LotATC will be integrated to work with SimpleRadioStandalone? I remember there being some such talk on Ciribob's SRS-subforum.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Thanks!

I have began to add the interface. Ciribob and me began to talk about this integration. It is currently in standby mode, Ciribob wanted to stabilize SRS and add radio features before adding this part and I was lot busy on DCS 1.5/2.0 integration last months. Once ok on Ciribob's side, we will certainly continue for sure :) i will be happy to have this feature in LotAtc as we have for UniversRadio.

Thanks!

I have began to add the interface. Ciribob and me began to talk about this integration. It is currently in standby mode, Ciribob wanted to stabilize SRS and add radio features before adding this part and I was lot busy on DCS 1.5/2.0 integration last months. Once ok on Ciribob's side, we will certainly continue for sure :) i will be happy to have this feature in LotAtc as we have for UniversRadio.

Grand! That is going to be the wombo-combo for all things ATC.

And while I'm at it, another question:

Are you planning on adding airfield layouts to LotATC? Moreover the ability to see aircraft on the ground?

Currently the lack of said features deny the Tower-role completely. So far I've been using DCS + LotATC + PDF-airfield charts (for airfield info like taxiways to give taxi clearances)... luckily I have two monitors. Otherwise this would really be a pain.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

For airfield layout, yes I would like to add them since a long time. LotAtc is my hobby project and I have not an extensible day, but, well, definitely it is the mid/long term goal for LotAtc, to be able to provide an efficient way to manage airfield control... I had this feature in LotAtc for FC2, the main difficulty is to have something extensible to manage all future maps easily (ED or third-party ones).

I have already made some research for that, it will not be ready in 2 weeks for sure but one day, certainly :)

For airfield layout, yes I would like to add them since a long time. LotAtc is my hobby project and I have not an extensible day, but, well, definitely it is the mid/long term goal for LotAtc, to be able to provide an efficient way to manage airfield control... I had this feature in LotAtc for FC2, the main difficulty is to have something extensible to manage all future maps easily (ED or third-party ones).

I have already made some research for that, it will not be ready in 2 weeks for sure but one day, certainly :)

Sounds good to me. It is best to have a good solution rather than have to patch and rework the program time and again as DCS evolves.

I bet you've got plenty of ideas, but one way I would approach the problem is to draw airfield diagrams as to-scale drawings that are only displayed at certain zoom levels to avoid clutter. Each drawings center would be RWY center, so they would be easy to overlay to the airfield center coordinates. RWY numbers and TWY names could either be inserted into the drawing, or as a separate layer when zoomed in enough.

This way one would only need the properly scaled drawing with the proper name in the proper folder under each map for the program to automatically read the correct images for each airfield. This would also technically allow for user-made modifications to the layout if desired.

Just a thought.

DCS Finland | SF squadron