Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

Normandy may not be, but the Spit has already been announced for December 16th.

True.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Any information/confirmation that Normandy will be a 2.0 Map only at release like Nevada? I haven't been keeping my 1.5 installation up to date as I never really fly it... Nevada is just too pretty.

It has to be due to 1.5 using the older terrain engine. Its the same reason Nevada doesn't work in 1.5.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

According to the newsletters, the Normandy map release will include "period units". Does anyone happen to know if that will include period AI aircraft, such as AI bombers?

A silver B17 mock-up was shown at one point...

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

• ED Team
I put the question to Wags, but I think Racoon can say something about them.

Any update or progress on the grass airfields on the mission editor?

Work in progress. This is all I can say for the moment. But I don't think it will be released before Normandy map. Because most of advantages we have from the feature in this map.

• Like 1

Well since the other thread got locked. First, thanks for the update. Updates good, no updates bad. ;) Will never complain about hearing official news.

So that update did generate some dissapointment for me. I admit I did not realize how small a land area was being modled. As a non DCS WWII, player I am of course not the target market for this map, but I was excited at the thought of using it for modern ops too. First impression is its going to be to small for fast movers and that's a shame. Not a purchase for me, but I bet it's going to be pretty as hell for you WWII guys, so enjoy!

((Insert lighthearted sarcasm emoji)) Wags/ED can we please have the next map have the ocean on the right? I fee like we're stuck in NASCAR left turn hell.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Well since the other thread got locked. First, thanks for the update. Updates good, no updates bad. ;) Will never complain about hearing official news.

So that update did generate some dissapointment for me. I admit I did not realize how small a land area was being modled. As a non DCS WWII, player I am of course not the target market for this map, but I was excited at the thought of using it for modern ops too. First impression is its going to be to small for fast movers and that's a shame. Not a purchase for me, but I bet it's going to be pretty as hell for you WWII guys, so enjoy!

((Insert lighthearted sarcasm emoji)) Wags/ED can we please have the next map have the ocean on the right? I fee like we're stuck in NASCAR left turn hell.

LOL at your last comment!

I have a sneaky feeling it will grow with time :)

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Feeling optimistic that it is quite possible for the Spitfire and Normandy to be early released together on December 16th.

Makes too much sense...right?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• ED Team
Feeling optimistic that it is quite possible for the Spitfire and Normandy to be early released together on December 16th.

Makes too much sense...right?

There is no timeline on Normandy yet, I would guess that if it was coming with the Spitfire, it would be in pre-sale already. That is just a guess though.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

There is no timeline on Normandy yet, I would guess that if it was coming with the Spitfire, it would be in pre-sale already. That is just a guess though.

Dang...i guess I knew that...I guess your right about that...but "Everything Is Subject to Change".

If it makes its "Hope to" 2016 debut...the difference is only a few weeks.

Thats why I would think it possible...and it would be a great gifted surprise.

We could all do with an unannounced gift right about now..

yeah I know... thats not how it works...normally.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
  • Like 1

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

So I have a question about this map. It may sound kind of dumb but, can I use any module on the map or will this not support anything but WWII planes? Or will it depend on what module you use as to what tanks and airfields are available?

As I know, you can combine anything. You can invade the normandy with F-15C and you can rush Las Vegas with Tiger tanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Racoon. We see german tanks and allied vehicles, trains and surely can see AI fighters and bombers, but, and some ship? on post invasion, the Normandy landing zones the allied command continue send troops and supplies with transports, Landing crafts, etc, and the german subs and S-boats intent attacks convoys and deploy mines (actually out of scope of DCS World :( ) meanwhile the coastal command hunt them.

Moolberry harbours on normady, post invasion.

1024px-The_Mulberry_artificial_harbour_off_Arromanches_in_Normandy%2C_September_1944._BU1024.jpg

Can be Gliders and paratroops on a future?

Edited by Silver_Dragon

That photo is of Mulberry B "Port Winston" at Arromanches (Gold Beach).

47990-004-CBCDB794.jpg

Mulberry A The Mulberry harbour assembled on Omaha Beach at Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer was for use by the American invasion forces. Mulberry "A" (American) was not securely anchored to the sea bed as Mulberry "B" had been by the British, resulting in such severe damage during the Channel storms of late June 1944 that it was considered to be irreparable and its further assembly ceased.[15] It was commanded by Augustus Dayton Clark.