Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

I'm confused by the Normandy map to be honest. If I understand correctly, the Allied Advanced Landing Grounds will be shown and part of the base map. Based off this link https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=151558&d=1478986897

The last one of those in the area (didn't verify every one) the screenshot covers was operational on 25th August.

Cobra which saw the cotentin cut off and saint lo captured began July 25 and Falaise was 12-21st August which kind of signalled the end of the active war fighting in this area shown on this map although there might be a bit more on the very east edge. There certainly wouldn't have been any LW operating bases in this area by this time.

So basically as far as I can see we are getting a post normandy campaign, normandy map.

Unless the map will have multiple versions over a date range, I honestly cannot see how it is historically useful whatsoever.

I'm confused by the Normandy map to be honest. If I understand correctly, the Allied Advanced Landing Grounds will be shown and part of the base map. Based off this link https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=151558&d=1478986897

The last one of those in the area (didn't verify every one) the screenshot covers was operational on 25th August.

Cobra which saw the cotentin cut off and saint lo captured began July 25 and Falaise was 12-21st August which kind of signalled the end of the active war fighting in this area shown on this map although there might be a bit more on the very east edge. There certainly wouldn't have been any LW operating bases in this area by this time.

So basically as far as I can see we are getting a post normandy campaign, normandy map.

Unless the map will have multiple versions over a date range, I honestly cannot see how it is historically useful whatsoever.

So far i read the I Net sources on the Current Map only JG3 and JG5 was located on Evreux and withdrawal with the early Days of July.

All other Luftwaffe Squadrons are outside of the (WIP) Map so basically only Fights are most historical in the Juni.

So you are correct, but i dont think has to much impact then rather make for every Airfield a new Map. Look basically foward they remove all foward Airfields and make south England :D

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Great see south England with airbases, good to Spitfire and P-51D, finaly a good WW2 battleground has incoming :) Normandy landings?

Also good area for a Viggen attack run on russian landing ships.... :music_whistling:

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Thanks but that doesn't really counter the point although the addition of Southern England is a major improvement on the map, the fact remains that if the map includes all the ALG, then there is NO combat in the area represented by the map at the time it portrays.

Ps, it is "Needs Ore Point", not oar.

Edited by SoW Reddog
  • Like 1

I hope this means what we think it means. Very cool.

Thanks Racoon!

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Oh yes........DCS WW2 here we come!!!!! :D

FANTASTIC news Racoon.......brilliant. Made my day this has.

Looks like they cropped Guernsey area out to the west side of the map, but give me Southern England on there any day.

Now this is going to be awesome for fighter sweep missions in Normandy from Southern England prior to the 6th June landings. We now have a REAL WW2 map to fly in......

You guy's rock :thumbup:

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Does this mean added dev time for Normandy I wonder, or still a "targeted" Q1/17 release?

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

I doubt it will hold anything up, the map will be early access, so it shouldnt be expected to be complete when it comes out in that form.

So at a guess, and as it's releasing before 2.5, it will be added to DCS World 2.x.x along with the NTTR map or for those without the NTTR they would just install 2.x.x and have just the Normandy map installed?

Seems the most logical solution to me anyways......

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.