Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

2.0 is free, as long as you have a map it can run (NTTR and maybe Normandy if released on that platform)
But it is free, you can download and install freely :lol:. Once the new Georgia map is available you'll have a free scenery either.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I think what i ment was Normandy a separate installer like NTTR <<<<<<<<< I class it as 2.0, So maybe not an installer for Normandy, But a map pack that will go in terrain in module manger, Once 2.5 is here NTTR and Normandy would show under terrain DLC :thumbup:

Just for the fun of it I'd like to try installing 2.0 on our server without the NTTR and try to host a mission but I have a hunch that it will not work...

No NTTR - no map - no missions

Yep. You're just downloading a placeholder pretty much.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

its going to be great to fly Normandy.

i hope it wont be too far behind the spit:music_whistling:

Well if they meet the goal of 2016...they only have 15 days after the release of the Spitfire early access.

I am pulling for ED to make that "Hope to". But as we all know, E.I.S.T.C.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

yup lol, everthing!

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

Well if they meet the goal of 2016...they only have 15 days after the release of the Spitfire early access.

hope im wrong, but im convinced we will not see it this year...my personal guess is more like march or april next year.

Maybe we'll get some info in tomorrows newsletter. ED should know by now if they can release the map in the next 3 weeks or not.
It's never a "release", in the best case it could be the launch of early access so you can start buying the map, though not immediately available, in the next month or so as Spitfire and every other module has always been. So, in 2016 we won't see Normandy even though early access were launched tomorrow.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

So you're not playing DCS World 1.5.5 then? :D
Yes I am, that's stable version (Beta and Alpha aren't smilewink.gif), but early access is not "a release", even though it is factually, but ED don't consider it like that and so months later we see "the release" when it comes out of Beta stage.

Release or not, either way you'll be able to use it as far as you buy early access, but always after the time between announcement and early access availability, that is what I'm talking about. Anyway, no 2016 I guess.

S!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe more of a wish and some one has brought something up, But will the aircraft Mustang, Spitfire and so on get say refuelling trucks and a pipe attached to the aircraft, While refuelling or trolleys for ammo and guns on re-arming? Abit like the C-101 has its generator connected on start up? Can anyone give any info on this? Either that or im sure some one would make some kind of mod.

Maybe more of a wish and some one has brought something up, But will the aircraft Mustang, Spitfire and so on get say refuelling trucks and a pipe attached to the aircraft, While refuelling or trolleys for ammo and guns on re-arming? Abit like the C-101 has its generator connected on start up? Can anyone give any info on this? Either that or im sure some one would make some kind of mod.

That's not really map related. It's part of the aircraft module (e.g. C-101).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice Present Racoon looking good this Calendar..

My PC Room here is also taped up with Mustangs and Spits on Poster from Duxford :thumbup:

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27