Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

I was watching this video

because its the first time I took time and interest in this WWII Normandy Map or to watch a demo YouTube.

Can there be any discussion on the process of creating that map at all?

So people can learn to create maps and have some info.

I say this because people keep wanting to do so and post things like Vietnam online findings but there is no source of info how to start projects. I know there will be tools later on mentioned in another thread but maybe more like the instructions on how if at all possible to discuss now, just thought to ask and help others that are willing.

(I'm reading through long thread now)

If NO is answer not to worry waiting is no problem.

Anyway WOW it does look good its good for those that want WWII stuff.

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

I was watching this video
because its the first time I took time and interest in this WWII Normandy Map or to watch a demo YouTube.

Can there be any discussion on the process of creating that map at all?

So people can learn to create maps and have some info.

I say this because people keep wanting to do so and post things like Vietnam online findings but there is no source of info how to start projects. I know there will be tools later on mentioned in another thread but maybe more like the instructions on how if at all possible to discuss now, just thought to ask and help others that are willing.

(I'm reading through long thread now)

If NO is answer not to worry waiting is no problem.

Anyway WOW it does look good its good for those that want WWII stuff.

Some vids about 3D modelling can be found here, but none specific about buld maps:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTrzyQUIMh7iEtWkiZsE6w

But to build maps require the Maps SDK, and actually, none 3rd party has confirmed working on maps, only plans.

Some vids about 3D modelling can be found here, but none specific about buld maps:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyTrzyQUIMh7iEtWkiZsE6w

But to build maps require the Maps SDK, and actually, none 3rd party has confirmed working on maps, only plans.

OK, thanks for the info, I saw that in another post, but thanks anyway.

I was/hoping for info on "Community Mod Map Creation Projects" so people can start to learn how its done as they wait for the tools to do so.

Maybe in years to come!

Kinda sad though, it is what it is, we move on!

I read much of thread and skipped a bit of the chatter stuff the MAP is small but will be intensive for a WWII scenario for those that love this period enjoy it and have fun. :joystick:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

yeah, that's a really nice feature!

fLWhpBl.jpg

(pic from Jabbers' stream)

Hell yeah, finally. I remember requesting this feature in the wishlist a few years back. :thumbup:

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Not sure where to ask, so I'll ask here and hope for an official answer:

Will we get a heads up on the exact release date at some time closer to the actual release date? Right now its "Late May" but maybe a few days before release will we get an actual date?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Not sure where to ask, so I'll ask here and hope for an official answer:

Will we get a heads up on the exact release date at some time closer to the actual release date? Right now its "Late May" but maybe a few days before release will we get an actual date?

It was said, a lot of time ago in a Newletter IIRC, release date is May the 17th. I haven't seen anything changing that since then.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

It was said, a lot of time ago in a Newletter IIRC, release date is May the 17th. I haven't seen anything changing that since then.

S!

Nothing more specific than late May has been said in anything recent. If it was older than that I am quite sure that ED would not have given a specific date.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No specific date was ever given. When its ready to be released ED will let us know.
I think I read somewhere :huh: , although it's true never after that.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Sith,

There seems to be a limitation on the ALGs with 100+ parking spots. The drop-down only goes up to 99, at least from my experience so far. Where would you like us to post stuff like this, if this is not the proper thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team
Sith,

There seems to be a limitation on the ALGs with 100+ parking spots. The drop-down only goes up to 99, at least from my experience so far. Where would you like us to post stuff like this, if this is not the proper thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asking for a Bugs and Problems section to be added here for this map, thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Will the Normandy map be just France, or France and England? I'm guessing both if the allied forces want to have a place to take off from.

normandy_ME-1024x576.jpg

Have been all the way to Manston from Isle of White for fun although the map is underdeveloped the further east you go.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Question about disk footprint of 2.1 (and 2.5 eventually). Wondering if Ill have to upgrade.

Currently i have a 128GB SSD disk that I can dedicate to DCS: World. Well it's more like 120GB since the FAT system eats a bit off the top.

My question for the testers: What is the size footprint of Nevada + Normandy (2.1) currently?

Also, will 120GB of disk space be too low, once the Caucassus map is released and we have 2.5?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• ED Team
Question about disk footprint of 2.1 (and 2.5 eventually). Wondering if Ill have to upgrade.

Currently i have a 128GB SSD disk that I can dedicate to DCS: World. Well it's more like 120GB since the FAT system eats a bit off the top.

My question for the testers: What is the size footprint of Nevada + Normandy (2.1) currently?

Also, will 120GB of disk space be too low, once the Caucassus map is released and we have 2.5?

I don't want to derail this from the topic of Normandy,

but With all three terrains and most of the modules / campaigns you are looking around 100GB

If you do upgrade go for a 250 and you will be ok for a while.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Bignewy, much appreciated.

No specific date was ever given. When its ready to be released ED will let us know.

"Late May" has been stated - so "No specific date" is correct smile.gif

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

normandy_ME-1024x576.jpg

Have been all the way to Manston from Isle of White for fun although the map is underdeveloped the further east you go.

Vlerkies,

is that the map from the Alpha release? The last shot I saw only went East as far as your WV, WA, WB.

Likewise, is that the whole map or is there more? (We're drafting some missions before release.)

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I was wondering how the channel islands look in game ? Do they have same detail as Normandy?

Could someone post a possible screenshot?

Many thanks on advance

Brgds maks

• ED Team
I was wondering how the channel islands look in game ? Do they have same detail as Normandy?

Could someone post a possible screenshot?

Many thanks on advance

Brgds maks

They have pretty good detail, countryside, urban, and industrial areas. they are not low detail so will be great for missions

a few quick screenshot below

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great! Some battle of Britain scenario missions would suit ....Kent = islands / Normandy Calais area.....in the first picture I am seeing Normandy mainland? Is this correct?

Brgds maks

• ED Team

1st picture was part of Guernsey looking toward Normandy on the horizon

Vlerkies,

is that the map from the Alpha release? The last shot I saw only went East as far as your WV, WA, WB.

Likewise, is that the whole map or is there more? (We're drafting some missions before release.)

Yup, looks the same in the alpha release in the mission editor

I put a 6 pack in my cockpit of my L39 and flew across the channel to Isle of white.

There are airfields well modeled in that area of the map (without navigating properly not sure which but assume the ones you see on the pic). No massive port or anything in Portsmouth though that I saw (but I was about 3 beers in thx to my imaginary trolly dolly)

I then headed east all the way hugging the coast right up to Manston.

Its all there from a 'basic topography' perspective. No white clilffs as such, just slopping green land in the Dover area.

As you fly over manston (technically off the map a long time already) you see the map pretty much end.

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro