Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Thanks for the thread SiTh,

I posted this on the other messy thread, but now that's closed I thought I would post here and hope for an answer!

Following on from the other thread I had issues flagged up from running the OR system checker tool, then I tried the Steam VR tool.....

I just ran the Steam VR test and all checks out smile.gif

However I will have to upgrade and install more USB 3.0 ports as I only have 3 at the moment.

and another issue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkateZilla viewpost.gif

Their Compatibility Tool is Super Strict, Like Extremely Strict.

On that note, the MAJOR Issue that alot of people are runnning into is USB3 controllers,

ASMedia and Eltron are extremely problematic, Eltron USB3 drivers will blue screen your system either immediately after you plug in the HMD, or it will lock up the driver and you're system's USB3 ports will no longer detect devices as they are attached or removed, and eventually blue screen when the driver times out.

Ok, When I ran the test on the OR site it also flagged up about my USB's it's response was.....

"Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller"

now I'm not sure what this is but if I added an extra PCI-E USB card to get some extra USB ports, would this eliminate the issue?

Excuse my ignorance on PC hardware, I can get by on the usual stuff but this is getting a bit cloudy now!!

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I'd Search the Oculus forums to see if anyone has any issues w/ that Specific Controller.

If you do have problems with it, this is the controller the Oculus Staff member has been telling people to get:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPIMJEW

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'd Search the Oculus forums to see if anyone has any issues w/ that Specific Controller.

If you do have problems with it, this is the controller the Oculus Staff member has been telling people to get:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPIMJEW

Thanks Skate, that's the one I was looking at getting.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On that note,

If you have to use a MiniDP/Display Port to HDMI Adapter,

DO NOT use an Active adapter, they will not work.

Confirmed with an Oculus Staff Member.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Yesterday I received my CV1 and tried it immediately.

But I got no sound in my HMD. What did I do wrong?

It's broken, you need to send it to NZ for testing :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Hi,

what is the general experience about min. PC config to play DCS with oculus at least at medium setting?

I have a i7 2600k at 4,3Ghz + 970 GTX card. Is it good enough?

No PC can currently maintain 90fps in dcs world on medium settings in VR. Hopefully further optimization to the game engine will improve things.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I'm pretty sure there are one or two videos on YT with a guy using the 970 - I'm sure you'll be as okay as anyone else with that (meaning within the constraints of what Frusheen said).

I've read from oculus on reddit that an i5 2500k that is overclocked would be fine - so your i7 2600k should be, too.

My i5 is also at 4.3GHz and I have every confidence in it doing a good enough job.

This is DCSW, though - so the only way you'll know for sure is when you run it :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I may pull the trigger on this. But since the delivery time is August if I order it right now I think that I will just sit and wait to see what happens.

I guess the first order boom will calm down in a few weeks, so I can order it in August and still get it within a reasonable 1-2 weeks. Time is working for us in this case.;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

Yesterday I received my CV1 and tried it immediately.

But I got no sound in my HMD. What did I do wrong?

Apparently you need to go to set the audio defualt to hmd. Not sure where you do this though sorry...maybe oculus store settings,windows control panel,....?

Ok, first flight in 2.02 so that flashlight control... I'm not sold. I find it hard to click multiple switches in a short time. Perhaps it just needs me getting used to it.

Now the new menu are great. To be able to lean in to read smaller text is so great.

On the other hand that Su-27 in the menus, I just loved it. Too bad I can't really go around it in my small room. I'd love to be able to pick witch airplane got displayed in the hangar and have the ability to rotate it.

EDIT: Also the rift stops detecting motion on mission debriefing.

Seconded

Rift stops detecting motion on Debrief screen so you are stuck.

Fram rates great tho.

DK2 only for now.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Seconded

Rift stops detecting motion on Debrief screen so you are stuck.

Fram rates great tho.

DK2 only for now.

Are framerates on 2.02 better than 1.5 with DK2??? cuz on 1.5 it's stutter city for me outside cockpit (headtracking good though)

Edited by vracan

I may pull the trigger on this. But since the delivery time is August if I order it right now I think that I will just sit and wait to see what happens.

I guess the first order boom will calm down in a few weeks, so I can order it in August and still get it within a reasonable 1-2 weeks. Time is working for us in this case.;)

You can always place your order,if you do it with visa you will not be charged until they are ready to ship. You can cancel anytime. IMO a better proposition then deciding around august you want one and having to wait longer.

Fram rates great tho.

I can't play 2.0.2 yet, I get severe lag/stutters. I can look around the cockpit quite nicely, but the outside world is broken. It looks like a reported bug, so I'll just have to hang out and wait for a fix.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

there appears to be a major issue with 2.02 DCS is aware and is working on it.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

2.0.2 was pulled due to A CPU Usage Problem.

Hey chaps, I am expecting my rift in July and as the specs below shows I fall quite outside the minimum requirements.

While I fully appreciate the need to upgrade my motherboard and cpu I am loathed to replace what is a relatively new gpu, is this realistic or will I just have to take the hit and get a 970?

My FPS in DCS is quite high around 70-80+ unless I fly over a large city... :helpsmilie:

CPU - I7 920

Motherboard - Gigabyte X58A-UD5

GPU - Nvidia 780 3GB

RAM - 6GB

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Krupi,

My guess is that you won't be able to maintain the necessary frame rate *even* after DCS is further optimized for VR. And FPS on monitors can't be compared to Rift's demands. So I'm going to side with "you'll likely have a bad experience"

Edited by hansangb
ever to even

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I do not disagree with hansangb.

But to keep things in perspective. Questions still remain over the VR performance of a 980TI in DCS. Even players with the best card you can buy (980TI) still find scenarios in DCS that are a problem. It could be that for a foreseeable future the optimal performanceis out of the reach of currently available hardware. Certain parts of the map, certain modules and heavy AI load OR lots of objects will bring any system below comfortable VR performance levels.

Krupi, in your case and others like you (ME:cause I have a 780 too). When you get the Rift put all settings to LOWEST and disable all recordings and/or exports and see how well your 780 performs in VR doing exactly the flying that you want to do. This becomes the base level for you. Then ask other people who do similar type of flying (same modules, same map regions, same missions) how their 980TI performs in VR.

If players with a 980TI have frequent frame drops below 45 then you know that upgrading to a 980TI (at this time) will not buy you optimal performance (perhaps it is better to wait before buying new hardware). BUT if players with a 980TI have a a very good or optimal experience then you know that upgrading is an idea with a lot of merit.