Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Just curious as to what your PD setting is? I keep mine at 1.5, via OTT. Depending on the cockpit, I can read the gauges. (for the Mi-8, I do use VR zoom from time to time).

I'm new to the rift and enjoying it, I was quite surprised on some aircraft?, like the huey for example, you can use the snap views and still look and move around in VR!

I always wanted to be able to do this with track IR! like with ezdok.

This is also better on the stomach then zooming in when starting out, I just set a closer look snap view at the instrument panel, then move around to see them, enyone else do this when in VR?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

dcs 1.5 vr performance

I really wish I could say that, but 2.1 has been a stuttering mess in VR on my system, compared to 1.5

I built this a few months ago:

i7-7700k overclocked @5.0Ghz, 32gb DDR4, SSD, GTX 1080ti FTW3....for crying out loud:pilotfly:

The P-51D runs much better than the A-10C in 2.1, but definitely not "incredibly smooth".

Disssapointed to hear that! I had v1.5 installed about 6 months ago to see how well it performed in VR and found that to be a stutter-fest as well. Especially annoying was the aircraft flying by as double-images. Running GTX1080turbo and 4670K. So I uninstalled. Stuck playing warthunder for now until DCS gets better optimized.

So my question, has DCS 1.5 been better optimized in VR performance lately since last few months or not?

Disssapointed to hear that! I had v1.5 installed about 6 months ago to see how well it performed in VR and found that to be a stutter-fest as well. Especially annoying was the aircraft flying by as double-images. Running GTX1080turbo and 4670K. So I uninstalled. Stuck playing warthunder for now until DCS gets better optimized.

So my question, has DCS 1.5 been better optimized in VR performance lately since last few months or not?

I have PD on 1.8 and pretty much everything on high, plus MSAA up pretty high, and I am locked at or above 45 frames 95% of the time online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Don't know what has happened, other than updates?? but I am now back to where I was with 1.5 flying the Spitfire. Frame rates down at 8 or 10, stuttering etc same as you guys.

Set Terrain medium, shadows flat, PD 1.0 2 x MSAA, 8 x AF and run the Oculus Tray tool with PD set to 1.7, ASW on Auto. Gives me a flyable aircraft with a FPS of 45 - 90 (even seen 91 for a split second! wow) At least with these settings I can fly Normandy reasonably. Haven't tried dog fighting or other combat yet as still learning to take off, circuit and land smoothly.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

This looks like the right place to ask this I have the Oculus and when I am in DCS there are times when hiting the escp key on a key bord will not take me out of game to main DCS screen so I can quit DCS I need to take head set off and go to my desk use key board Ctrl Alt Delete then in the task bar click DCS and end it that way any ideas what I need to change for this. I have a PVC pipe flight chair and its a bit of a pain getting in and out of it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

That's a strange one. Your dcs window may have lost focus due to the mouse being clicked outside the window and onto the desktop. Next time it happens double check by ensuring you click inside the dcs window then try bringing up the menu.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

OK that seems to work I found out that checking use mouse keeps it in the game screen but altought VR non DCS games works ok but may be to much resources used with DCS

Alienware 17 3R with Graphics amplifier 1070 NVIDIA 1070 Intel core i7 6820HK CPU @2.70GHz Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

A10c VR

Can any one tell how to set seat in VR (Oculus) when I enter the training mission familiarization of the H.O.T.A.S. I am sitting almost on top of the stick (ouch) I move my seat back so I am in correct position in game But then stick and throttle are out of my reach

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Put your head forward and pusch number 5

When i center my vr, i push key 5 every second... verry easy to see wat you are doing with your head like that

----------------------------------------------------------

i7 2600K oc 4.7g / asus gtx 1080 gaming x+ / 16gig ram / ssd 500gig / oculus rift / jetseat se / saitek rudder ((next upgrade)mfg crosswind) / logitech warthog hotas + 20cm extention

This looks like the right place to ask this I have the Oculus and when I am in DCS there are times when hiting the escp key on a key bord will not take me out of game to main DCS screen so I can quit DCS I need to take head set off and go to my desk use key board Ctrl Alt Delete then in the task bar click DCS and end it that way any ideas what I need to change for this. I have a PVC pipe flight chair and its a bit of a pain getting in and out of it

I've had the same issue. It seems to occur mostly after I've crashed and gotten a black screen. If I remember correctly, it's happened only in DCS 1.5.7, and not before.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Made the jump from the GTX 970 to the GTX 1080 ti. Made a huge difference in playability in VR!! I am pretty clueless when it comes to overclocking though, any suggestions for settings in MSI Afterburner for this card?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Made the jump from the GTX 970 to the GTX 1080 ti. Made a huge difference in playability in VR!! I am pretty clueless when it comes to overclocking though, any suggestions for settings in MSI Afterburner for this card?
Which card dude ? As they act differently

Here's a good source =

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/nvidia_gtx_1080ti_oc_guide/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - How does the Normandy map run with the Oculus?

@Mad Dog - I recommend to test your overclocking with Furmark. Adjust incrementally with Afterburner a bit at a time and run Furmark each time to check stability.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

It's a bit of a challenge , you aren't going to be able to get 90 fps unless over water.

I lowered enough settings to at least be able to maintain 45 fps.

It sure is gorgeous!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hello everyone,

New guy here, I got to test the Rift in a non aviation game demo (Robo recall) a few days ago.

While the immersion was great and the graphics looked great at arm's length, the resolution beyond that seemed awful. (rift's pixel per arc-minute is about 10 if i'm not mistaken)

I understand the cockpit must look fantastic in DCS but how do you spot any bandit or vehicle on the ground with such a low resolution ??

Thanks

Hello everyone,

New guy here, I got to test the Rift in a non aviation game demo (Robo recall) a few days ago.

While the immersion was great and the graphics looked great at arm's length, the resolution beyond that seemed awful. (rift's pixel per arc-minute is about 10 if i'm not mistaken)

I understand the cockpit must look fantastic in DCS but how do you spot any bandit or vehicle on the ground with such a low resolution ??

Thanks

Oh it is very easy, there are these things called icons.

:thumbup:

Seriously though, I fly only single player and do make use of them. Some folks report after a period of time adapting to it and being able to spot and id targets decently - but there are many that struggle with it.

Only thing that is going to help that is next generation devices. Spotting is not hard, it is the ID'ing that is a challenge.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Originally Posted by DerekSpeare View Post

It's a bit of a challenge , you aren't going to be able to get 90 fps unless over water.

I lowered enough settings to at least be able to maintain 45 fps.

so dissappointing- surely the developers could give some vr love and optimize the code better!!...

guess I'll wait then till better performance before purchasing normandy (or playing dcs at all) cuz I sure hell aint playing any game or simm without VR!

Edited by vracan

Oh it is very easy, there are these things called icons.

:thumbup:

Seriously though, I fly only single player and do make use of them. Some folks report after a period of time adapting to it and being able to spot and id targets decently - but there are many that struggle with it.

Only thing that is going to help that is next generation devices. Spotting is not hard, it is the ID'ing that is a challenge.

There used to be a model enlargement feature for ground and air objects. It worked great for VR but isn’t in the menu anymore. I don’t know if it was scrubbed?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

There used to be a model enlargement feature for ground and air objects. It worked great for VR but isn’t in the menu anymore. I don’t know if it was scrubbed?

It seems to have been scrubbed from 1.5, but feels like its native in 2.1 (no option but exists)

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

It is definitely in need of more optimization for VR, but then so is NTTR. This would be true of DCS in general. That said and FWIW, I run NTTR at VR 1.5 and Normandy at 1.4 for about the same fps all other setting being equal. As others, I have tweaked to at least try to maintain 45 fps min. As mentioned it sure is a gorgeous map in VR

Edited by dogbite

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Aircraft flyby as double-images is a result of ASW.ASW is very usefull if you can't keep 90 fps but inconvenient is double image flyby view,in cockpit asw is perfect.

I play with ASW on all the time and don't look at flyby view or I look at at low speed.1.5.7 today works wonderfully well in vr.I have allmost all options high with pixel density 1.8 and ASW on I can fly crystal clear witout problem.For NTTR I have to set Pixel to 1.7 and decrease one or two options and fly without shutter Asw on 45 fps smooth as butter.

Dcs 1.5.7 Shadows High and default

Dcs 2.1 Shadows Low and default (Impact is huge with deferred shading)

My config is I7 4970k @4.8 1080 Strix Oc 16gb DDR3 Samsung 840 Pro Ssd