Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

Today i finally got my rift, And its so much better than i ever dreamed.

Even my budjet rig runs it great. Pixel density 1.3, its enough to make everything better looking but still i can spot targets far enough. I only fly nevada so 1.5 may be not so good.

I have been flight sim guy from 1990 (320x240rez etc.. ) and when i see what we have now i just cant belive it.

I dont't miss my triple or single screen setups.

My chrismas is now ! :D

Congraz, it is simply awesome indeed :thumbup:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So back from deployment and setup the CV1. Simply amazing, the clarity and overall experience is such a huge step up from the dk2. The ability to zoom!! Using pixel density 2.0 with my 1080 and its gorgeous. Hats off to Oculus and a huge hats off to Eagle Dynamics for all the awesome additions to dcs world to make it so much better in VR.

Im really really amazed, no more 4k for me it will be nothing but VR from now on. The ASW seems to work very well on my end and i do not notice or percieve the change from 90 to 45. Maybe ive hit my head on jumps to many times lol. Either way Very happy and hope to fly with others in VR Shortly.

If you eject, it makes you want to say "check canopy" And a you get closer to the ground, it's PLF time, baby!!

:)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I have been flight sim guy from 1990 (320x240rez etc.. ) and when i see what we have now i just cant belive it.

I dont't miss my triple or single screen setups.

My chrismas is now ! :D

Yep, I agree entirely, I've been a flight simmer since DI Tornado in 92. All I ever wished for then was better terrain depiction. I am now astonished at what ED and all the devs have done for us and how it looks in VR.

I'm only on a DK2 ready to go up to CV1 in the next few weeks.

Now I wish for retina spec VR.:thumbup:

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Yeah, pause key works ok.

Maybe your problem is related to the screen mode. Try checking full screen in the game menu. If this has no effect, press alt + enter in game an then try enabling the frame counter.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hey gents.

Since the last update on 2.0 and 1.5 i got the white mouse dot from oculus visible all the time. Anybody got the same issue?

Yep everybody should have it. Not sure what changed that made it show up all the sudden a guess might be that it's because the radio menu is clickable now and for some reason that makes the. Show up

• Like 1

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Yesterday evening, Edd and I were in the MiG-21bis with our Rifts. During the start-up procedure, both of us suddenly got a cursor that looked like a fireball.

Is this a known issue?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

[..] both of us suddenly got a cursor that looked like a fireball.

Is this a known issue?

Yes, I had that too from time to time. But it is already a while ago since it occurred. I was hoping that they had wiped it out.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I hope they fix the cursor/mouse marker highlight box in the training missions :( :(

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

For me, I would rather they sorted the dialog box for the tooltips. Way too big, and blocks your sight of other instruments and switches - even when you are just trying to scan the gauges whilst flying.

Then you can just use the tooltips to find the control you need in the tutes.

I took to learning new modules on the monitor, before continuing in VR once I was confident of where everything is. I did the testing this way, too - and by the time I had run through the first tutorial a couple of times, I was easily confident enough to do the rest in VR.

By the way, Hawks5 - it's well worth sticking with the Mirage tutorials ;) You need to have it well sussed before tackling the campaign. It's also my favourite fixed-wing module, I just love how it looks in VR. Don't forget you can use the KIF utility as well - I based it on the module training mission and it's very useful in VR. I'll be releasing updates based on the other tutorial missions, too.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Just got the mail that my Touch will be delivered today. Wonder if we'll ever get any usage for it in DCS World.

do you have 4 hands? :)

BTW, I got Touch Yesterday

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

You can change the size of the tooltip text. See below, Sec 8:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164892

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Yes, that's another thing I hope they remedy.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare