Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

They broke it with update 2, No ETA on fix yet - I assume this Friday. You can either revert to 155 update 1 or open coms menu in game and mouse will work. They've acknowledged the bug tho.

They're using new Mouse/Keyboard input ban/allow variables in their lua's since update2 which wasn't fully vetted.

Cheers, Morgue...let's hope it comes sooner than later :pilotfly:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Night will never look good in VR with our current tech until ED adds dithering to their graphics. This is why we get the banding issue and it looks like crap at night in VR. I can't even do it anymore. I am hoping ED adds this to engine as a constant or a VR setting option. If not, we have to wait a gen or two for better HMDs. Which would suck.

Just replaced my DK2 with the CV1. Even thought it's a step up in capability, I noticed almost straight away that the depth of the 3D isn't quite what it was in the DK2. That affects the feeling of height and distance particularly in choppers. Lost the sensation of vertigo. Almost wish I had kept the DK2 in that respect, First world problem I guess. Anyone else who had a DK notice that?

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Just replaced my DK2 with the CV1. Even thought it's a step up in capability, I noticed almost straight away that the depth of the 3D isn't quite what it was in the DK2. That affects the feeling of height and distance particularly in choppers. Lost the sensation of vertigo. Almost wish I had kept the DK2 in that respect, First world problem I guess. Anyone else who had a DK notice that?

Nope, no such issue for me. I had dk2 for 2 months before getting cv1. Cv1 is better in every aspect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fov is better in dk2 or was it best in dk1 can remeber ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, true that's another aspect.

Also I could use the DK2 without glasses, but with the CV1 there's no chance, which shows that the focal length is set differently or something. It's totally a different experience for me. It's still awesome though just a different awesome.

i5/9600K wc, Z390XP, 32Gb/DDR4, 1080ti wc, 850 Evo SSD, TMWH, DSD FLT1, ORs.

A10C, UH1, MI8, BF109K4, SA342M, L39C, M2000C, Mig21BIS, Mig15, F86, C101, Hawk, F-14, F-5E, Spitfire MkIX, AV8B N/A, FA-18C, P51-D, Yak 52, Mig19p, F-16C, JF-17 OPF, Red Flag2, MusRel, BnboB, Tbs, TEW 3.0, TTQ, MI8 OFC, SC.

Go to settings / UI layer

Then under "Action" find "As left mouse". Then assign which button you want on your joystick to that function, same with "As right mouse" and "move scroll wheel forward/back" functions.

• Like 1

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I seem to have issues seeing other planes/ground units until I almost literally on top/in front of them. I have object enlargement set to 1.7, but it does not seem to help much. What are the best recommended graphic settings for target spotting?

I'm torn between getting a CV1 or a warthog (X55 ATM), I've tried the dk2 from a friend and found not the greatest frames to be had (expected), but the thing I'm more concerned about is instrument legibility. Can anyone give a definitive answer on that? I fly CAS mostly and some CAP so being able to read instruments is kind of a given haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z97-A/ i7-4790K/ Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1080 Strix OC/ Supernova 750/ X-55/ TiR

I'm torn between getting a CV1 or a warthog (X55 ATM), I've tried the dk2 from a friend and found not the greatest frames to be had (expected), but the thing I'm more concerned about is instrument legibility. Can anyone give a definitive answer on that? I fly CAS mostly and some CAP so being able to read instruments is kind of a given haha.

The CV1 is in another league to the DK2. If you set-up and adjust it properly, you can read the instruments very well, and if you're struggling a bit, you can always lean forward! I have the zoom mapped to my HOTAS, so if there's something really tricky to read, I just tap the button momentarily.

Of course, the image is not as sharp as running a 2D monitor in high res, but for me anyway, the total immersion and scale of things in VR simply blows anything else out of the water. I'm not really interested in flying now unless it's in VR. :thumbup:

CFI

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Readability of the instruments is a matter of how high you can set the pixel density. But with your graphics card you can definitely go high enough :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Readability of the instruments is a matter of how high you can set the pixel density. But with your graphics card you can definitely go high enough :)

Yah at one point I had 2.5 as the PD in the DK2 but my frames took a big hit. I think I might go the route of the Rift. Mostly seen raving reviews about it in DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z97-A/ i7-4790K/ Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1080 Strix OC/ Supernova 750/ X-55/ TiR

I wander how anyone is still flying on a monitor, for me it feels like using 640x480 14crt while there is full hd 32led.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hah. Same. I think that's why I've been so...........b*tchy......... about all the "delays" with ED. I literally had to give up all my other flight sims as I just can't go back to a monitor. So I've got nothing to do but stalk the forums and grumble about the 18C. :)

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Does anyone know how you can have labels on, but instead of the words it's just a dot?

Simples, edit your C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\Labels.lua

Here is mine for reference.

AirFormat = {}

AirFormat[100] = ""

AirFormat[5000] = "^"

AirFormat[10000] = "^"

AirFormat[20000] = "^"

AirFormat[30000] = "^"

GroundFormat = {}

GroundFormat[5000] = "^"

GroundFormat[10000] = "^"

GroundFormat[20000] = "^"

NavyFormat = {}

NavyFormat[10000] = "^"

NavyFormat[20000] = "^"

NavyFormat[40000] = "^"

WeaponFormat = {}

WeaponFormat[5000] = "^"

WeaponFormat[10000] = "^"

WeaponFormat[20000] = "^"

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble