Refuel vs repair times make no sense

So, yeah. It takes 3 minutes to rebuild engines, replace swiss cheese'd wings, fix landing gear or anything else you could possibly think of...

But it takes upwards of 5 minutes to refuel. (Only exception I've seen to this is the Huey, I could be wrong tho)

What the H E C K

Edit:

I'm not saying the repair time should be increased. I quite like how it is now.

I think the times should be ordered by how "involved" they are. So rearming would take the least time (let's ignore the problem of replacing gun ammo) then refueling, then repair. So refueling could be reduced to 2-3 minutes to fill the tanks maybe?

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

You would prefer to sit in your virtual bunk for weeks while a new aircraft is shipped/assembled? :lol:

I think the refueling time is probably the more accurate of the two.

My point is that the repair time is totally fudged for gameplay reasons, so why isn't the fueling time?

Or at the very least allow weapons to be loaded while fueling...

If you want to sit there for an hour/ go get coffee/have dinner and wait for real world....

its not an F1 pitstop - look what happens when the fuel spills

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Because it doesn't need to be ridiculous?

It's still pretty quick..the fuel truck is immediately at your position, pumping fuel. Your ground crew has every piece of ordnance within arm's reach and 40 invisible men to put them on your wings like a NASCAR pit crew. :lol:

All a matter of opinion I suppose, but of all the nits to pick I found this a strange one..

If you want to sit there for an hour/ go get coffee/have dinner and wait for real world....

its not an F1 pitstop

Well yeah, I'd rather not sit around for 5 minutes while fuel loads after waiting 3 minutes for my plane to be completely refurbished.

Not saying the repair time needs to be increased, I'm saying the fueling time could take a similar route and be decreased in the intrests of gameplay.

• ED Team
My point is that the repair time is totally fudged for gameplay reasons, so why isn't the fueling time?

Or at the very least allow weapons to be loaded while fueling...

Its simple, refueling is reasonably realistic, repair is completely a game play feature and totally unrealistic. The timing of each being part of that.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Its simple, refueling is reasonably realistic, repair is completely a game play feature and totally unrealistic. The timing of each being part of that.

Oh. Never thought of it like that...

Wouldn't it be better to have options in the gameplay settings for a feature like this?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

So, yeah. It takes 3 minutes to rebuild engines, replace swiss cheese'd wings, fix landing gear or anything else you could possibly think of...

But it takes upwards of 5 minutes to refuel. (Only exception I've seen to this is the Huey, I could be wrong tho)

What the H E C K

(I think I posted this in the wrong place? Feel free to move it if I did :doh:)

I agree with you pocket size, it does take some time to refuel/defuel, specially aircraft like the SU-27/33. I am not sure why it is that way. At the moment, I use that time to get up, stretch, walk around. Maybe in the future they might shorten the time, lets hope.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Take more than 5 minutes to refuel and aircraft.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

At the moment, I use that time to get up, stretch, walk around. Maybe in the future they might shorten the time, lets hope.

Same. Whenever I fly the SU-25T on Virtual Aerobatics I'll let my nav equipment align while I take half the fuel out.

I said reasonably... I didnt say it was realistic... Compared to the repairs that are done in the sim, refueling is reasonable.

:D

Same. Whenever I fly the SU-25T on Virtual Aerobatics I'll let my nav equipment align while I take half the fuel out.

Same

To whom it may concern,

[Video]

How long did the actual refueling take though?

I imagine the total preparation time would be much less in an active war.

How long did the actual refueling take though?

I imagine the total preparation time would be much less in an active war.

Like snoopy said, it does not change in a combat situation. About how long it takes? It depends on the aircraft, how much fuel you need, are you refueling from a truck or a in place ground equipment, is it inside our outside. On average, F-16 with wing tanks, around 15 to 30 minutes. Defuel is another beast, it could take more than an hour.

To whom it may concern,

Refueling is refueling, the process doesn't change from home station to a deployed location.

I know. That's why I said "total preparation time."

As in, time that isn't spent pumping fuel.

Like snoopy said, it does not change in a combat situation. About how long it takes? It depends on the aircraft, how much fuel you need, are you refueling from a truck or a in place ground equipment, is it inside our outside. On average, F-16 with wing tanks, around 15 to 30 minutes. Defuel is another beast, it could take more than an hour.

About the same for the A-10, mostly depending on the fuel truck driver.

About hot pits, I was always a bomber guy so we ERCC'd (Engine Running Crew Change), but all the former fighter guys I used to work with would say 20-45 min depending on air frame and load out, truck or in-ground. A Viper taking two bombs and 9,000 lbs of gas closer to 20 min, the Mud Hens taking 4-10 GBU-12/31/38 and 18,000 lbs of gas maybe 45-60 min.

Cheers

• Like 1

Mvsgas what about a hotpit refuel? How long does that take?

It's the same, we have to follow the same TO hotpits or not.

Like Snoopy said, whether we are doing a Integrated Combat Turn (ICT later CT) a Quick Turnaround Inspections or a Basic Post flight/preflight inspections (BPO/PR), the refueling is about the same time. You can only transfer so many gallons per minute (gpm) from the truck and the aircraft can only take so many at a time. Aircraft like the F-117 where a paint because for a specific fuel load, each tank had a specific number, so you had to (by the book) fill each tank in the correct sequence and to a specific weight, but in the F-16 you just hook it up, tell the POL truck driver to start and wait for the truck to stop. Some fuel trucks/ in place refueling equipment are faster than others, some fuel truck drivers can get a few gpm more out of the equipment and some times nothing seem to be working right, fuel will leak out of the vent and you have one of those day. It all depends.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,