[REPORTED]DCS 1.5.4 - UI Settings Menu Black Screen Hang

DerekSpeare

Thx Enduro and SkateZilla - rep inbound!

The v1.5 beta VR menu interface is seriously FUBARed - click the gear and then the OK button when making the changes to the graphics and all menu interfaces are gone.

Front-to-back head tracking is borked in the SU25T in the cockpit. Issue not evident in the v1.5 stable release or alpha. Issue is not present in the menu/hangar screen. More bugs to come when I find them.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.4907b3c5b8a38d1d93df15a865288195.PNG

Capture2.PNG.90e867bfccad0eccf1ac2de2c9b92d55.PNG

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCS 1.5.4 - UI Settings Menu Black Screen Hang

When I enter the config menu and click okay to apply any changes (or no changes) the whole screen menu disappears. Then it's just me and the hangar...

Cancel button works. Test only with VR enabled so far.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm using the Vive.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Before I send in a bug report, is anyone else having problems when coming out of the new VR tab? I no longer have a menu so i'm having to kill the game and restart. Also the large label boxes take an eternity to disappear, oh and the crosshair stays at centre view, would be good if it only shows when looking at something that it can activate.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

When I enter the config menu and click okay to apply any changes (or no changes) the whole screen menu disappears. Then it's just me and the hangar...

Cancel button works. Test only with VR enabled so far.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm using the Vive.

I have the same issue, but does not use any VR stuff.

I have tried to disable VR, but clicking Ok in the config, makes the screen go black.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

No VR mode in open beta for me even after the update. Looks like I will have to reinstall. :-(

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Can you attach Logs from the /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Logs/ Folder

Also try:

Removing the /Config/Input/ Folder

Removing the /Config/Options.lua file

Renaming the Entire/Saved Games Folder

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have the same issue, but does not use any VR stuff.

I have tried to disable VR, but clicking Ok in the config, makes the screen go black.

FinnJ

Thanks Finn.

I tried a repair and removed my personal settings in the saved games folder. But it did not help.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Can you attach Logs from the /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Logs/ Folder

Also try:

Removing the /Config/Input/ Folder

Removing the /Config/Options.lua file

Renaming the Entire/Saved Games Folder

There you go. Renaming the Saved Games Folder did not fix it.

Edit: It might be this:

00050.824 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:384: attempt to index field 'VR' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:384: in function 'getVRChanged'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_options.lua"]:97: in function 'onChange'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:310: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:305>

Edited by funkyfranky

Before I send in a bug report, is anyone else having problems when coming out of the new VR tab? I no longer have a menu so i'm having to kill the game and restart. Also the large label boxes take an eternity to disappear, oh and the crosshair stays at centre view, would be good if it only shows when looking at something that it can activate.

I am. It's a bug...I want to change the settings and click ok but doing that causes the menu to vanish entirely. Head tracking is off as well in the plane.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Loss of menu in VR

Just updated to v1.54 and after I exit the special or VR tabs I lose the menu, i'm left in the hanger with no where to go. I've also noted that the new large label boxes to quite a long time to disappear. Should the yellow cross-hairs always visible and in line of sight when looking forward?

DCS.openbeta-Crash-20160624-183838.zip

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Im not getting this on my end.

Do you have any mods installed.?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

is anyone else having this issue with the new dcs beta release:

if i change any settings or key bindings, once i click save the menu disappears

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

black screen after OK in setting page

Hi,

When i changed in setting, page special - FC3, Su-27 cockpit from chinese (why is set?) into default and click on OK, game goes into black screen with music and it is end.. Nothing will happen further.

openbeta, today`s patch 1.5.4

EDIT : it happens always when i want to return from setting page by OK button

when i try go out from setting with CANCEL, it works normally and i return on menu

EDIT2 : i tried repair DCS, restart DCS and restart PC, without any effect on it

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

No. Disabled them all before the update and have not enabled them yet.

No. Disabled them all before the update and have not enabled them yet.

There you go. Renaming the Saved Games Folder did not fix it.

Edit: It might be this:

00050.824 ALERT LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:384: attempt to index field 'VR' (a nil value)

GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:384: in function 'getVRChanged'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_options.lua"]:97: in function 'onChange'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'

[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:310: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:305>

Are you running as Admin?

Can you attach a copy of your config.lua from your saved games /config/ folder as well

Same here. Deselected the VR options and saved it with "OK" and got the black screen. No mods installed. If I restart DCS, the settings are unchanged, so DCS didn't saved my changes.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thx Enduro and SkateZilla - rep inbound!

The v1.5 beta VR menu interface is seriously FUBARed - click the gear and then the OK button when making the changes to the graphics and all menu interfaces are gone.

Front-to-back head tracking is borked in the SU25T in the cockpit. Issue not evident in the v1.5 stable release or alpha. Issue is not present in the menu/hangar screen. More bugs to come when I find them.

We Looking into the Issue,

Please Attach /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Logs/ Folder

With the torrent protocol, the more people downloading at the same time the quicker it goes ;)

I was joking :music_whistling:

Exiting the VR menu in non VR mode cause the screen to go black. I have to kill the application.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

VR Tab

Hi Guys,

Just installed the OB and launching the game going into the VR menu, if i change anything there and click ok the menu disappears, left standing in the hanger with nothing to click.

Anyone know why?

Cheers Mith

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Got black screen after saved buttom change of M-2000C.

EDIT:

After switching monitor settings and restart the DCS, it works.

Edited by chrisrucksack

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

Had the same issue of screen blackout after hitting "OK", just as if the game was unable to reset the screen as it normally does when resolution is being changed (I'm not any VR gear user). Looking at Skate's suggestions, I deleted the Input folder - no success, then deleted only the options.lua and the game fired up OK. It was a bit puzzling to see the screen going black and resetting whenever I changed anything in the "system" tab, but at least it was coming back up again. So I readjusted all options and everything seems to be running OK so far.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Are you running as Admin?

Can you attach a copy of your config.lua from your saved games /config/ folder as well

Tried to run as admin as well. Same issue.

There is no config.lua in my saved games folder after renaming the old one. Obiously the error occurs before a new config.lua can be written/saved.