[REPORTED]DCS 1.5.4 - UI Settings Menu Black Screen Hang

DerekSpeare

When choosing a different pixel density and clicking on OK, the menu disappears and there's no way to make it reappear.

Using HTC Vive. Windows 10. DCS 1.5.4

Cheers!

e./

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2821188&postcount=39

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: wrong thread.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Can Anyone please attach

DCS World/Mission Editor/Modules/Options/data.lua

as well as their Options.lua (Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Config/Options.lua)

Also,:

You should have a New [VR] Section in the /Saved Games/DCS.OpenBeta/Config/Options.lua Lines 2-7:

["VR"] = {
	["box_mouse_cursor"] = false,
	["enable"] = false,
	["pixel_density"] = 1,
	["use_mouse"] = true,
},

If those are not there, you can try Adding those and launching DCS.

Also Try Launching DCS w/ Rift HDMI Unplugged (normal mode), Open Settings change anything (non VR related) so it saves a config.lua. (ie full screen, resolution etc), if it saves and reboots DCS, then close DCS and Re-Connect Your Rift)

I get a black screen whenever I try to change any graphics options. I don't have an Oculus Rift.

Here are the files requested, although in my case I had to grab the options.lua from my regular DCS folder in Saved Games because the one in openbeta isn't the one the game is using.

Edit:

Adding the VR section fixed this crash.

Data.lua

options.lua

Edited by Why485

I have same issue, I make any change and I click "OK" and get a black screen.

I did disabled mods first.

I attached the Log file

Here are the mods I was using:

ReShade 0.19.2 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Beta 8

RICARDO_DCSA-10C_HorseOfWar_v1.2a

F-86 Worn Cockpit

dcs.zip

menu dissapear!

The game menu does not hold after applying changes to various parameters, graphics etc. It simply disappears after clicking OK! I also confirm problems with tracking on the zoom in axes! Hope a hot fix can be released soon to address this issues!

Read the forum, tired of posting always the same solution for the option screen. The fix has been found more than 12 hours ago.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

This in not just about VR..

I installed Open Beta to try this patch out, no VR, no mods, no nothing.

Went into the settings to turn down music volume (and only that), clicked APPLY and bam(!), black screen...

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I may have found a hint to what goes wrong:

I have the same issue:

1. Start DCS Openbeta

2. Go into Settings

3. Click ok: screen goes black, whether I changed anything or not

4. Alt-Tab to get out, right click DCS tab in the taskbar to close window.

Now, notice what it says on the tab title: "DCS World Multiplayer" (!)

Apparently DCS opens the multiplayer interface when clicking ok in settings.

(at least on my system)

That explains the black screen.

If I choose Properties after right-clicking the tab, I get the following path:

"D:\Spil\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --net-mode gui

Can anyone confirm?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Version 1.5.4.56080 black screen

Hi all, I just downloaded the update, and whenever I press 'OK' on any options menu to return to the main menu, I get a black screen with the background music still playing. I have no mods installed except UniversRadio and two cockpit texture packs.

My specs are:

CPU: AMD-4100FX

GPU: NVidia GTX750Ti

Mobo: Gigabyte GA990-XA-UD3

Thanks,

Silly_Ghillie

Edited by Silly_Ghillie

This in not just about VR..

I installed Open Beta to try this patch out, no VR, no mods, no nothing.

Went into the settings to turn down music volume (and only that), clicked APPLY and bam(!), black screen...

Whenever the settings dialog is left by clicking "ok", DCS tries to apply the VR settings (i.e. just applying "VR is not enabled"). But after the update, the section for VR in the options.lua file does not exist (as it is new to 1.5.4 and did not exist in earlier versions) - and then DCS crashes. The thing is, that section is supposed to be created by DCS when you, well, enter the settings dialog and click "ok". Catch 22 ... unless you manually add that section to the options.lua file.

So it does not matter if you use VR or not - it only matters that the VR section has to be present in the options.lua file for the black screen error to not occur anymore.

Edited by Flagrum

Thanks flagrum, I got this sorted out in the end. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried this but it didn't do anything for me. The menu disappears whenever I make any config changes and I have to alt tab and kill the process.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Menu options/graphics "OK" button broken after update...

Hello guys,

Never had a single issue with DCS, for many years now, very smooth.:thumbup:

Today, I just updated to 1.5.4 , now I cannot change my graphics and other settings no longer.

After adjusting the things I want in the graphic options(Textures, water, MSAA, etc), and then I proceed to click "OK" at the bottom to save and go back to the main screen, the game turns to black screen, music keeps playing but I am forced to close it via Task Manager. Then comes "DCS has stopped working".

This is the only issue, everything else works 100% just cannot increase graphics and save as I would like.

Any help or suggestion is much appreciated,

Thanks!:thumbup:

Does the VR section go in the options.lua file? I put it in there on the 2nd line and it did nothing for me. Should it go some place else other than line 2 in that file? I also noticed I don't have a config.lua file in the same folder along with the options.lua. Maybe that's the issue?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Hey guys, i have this problem too (adjusting graphics settings, clicking ok then blacks screen). I don't use VR. Just like to ask how to add this to the options.lua file exactly?

["VR"] = {

["box_mouse_cursor"] = false,

["enable"] = false,

["pixel_density"] = 1,

["use_mouse"] = true,

},

I mean where in the file do i add it? hehe sorry i'm a noob at this stuff. I added the above lines at the end of everything in the options.lua file but now DCS cannot start up.

Edited by Fig

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5