[REPORTED]DCS 1.5.4 - UI Settings Menu Black Screen Hang

DerekSpeare

What exactly are the files to be edited and where precisely are these files located? I do not know all the places DCS files are stored.

The mouse look REALLY must be decoupled from the cockpit view for non-clickable planes using VR. It's REALLY disorienting.

Edited by DerekSpeare
  • Like 1

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek, try my method in post #50. I have all of my VR options working perfectly. Its a pain to play with the fullscreen option but only takes a few extra seconds. I only seem to need to do it for the VR options.

Oh, and once you have the mouse decoupled from the view and you are in game, make sure you L-Alt and Enter to fullscreen your game window otherwise you may run into issues when clicking things.

• Like 1

Derek, try my method in post #50. I have all of my VR options working perfectly. Its a pain to play with the fullscreen option but only takes a few extra seconds. I only seem to need to do it for the VR options.

Oh, and once you have the mouse decoupled from the view and you are in game, make sure you L-Alt and Enter to fullscreen your game window otherwise you may run into issues when clicking things.

Cheers, Bast! That's a great workaround! +1 rep to you!

I don't know where to look to decouple the mouse from the view...I need to hunt for it.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Can Anyone please attach

DCS World/Mission Editor/Modules/Options/data.lua

as well as their Config.lua

You should have a New [VR] Section in the Config.lua Lines 2-7:

["VR"] = {
       ["box_mouse_cursor"] = false,
       ["enable"] = false,
       ["pixel_density"] = 1,
       ["use_mouse"] = true,
   },

Can try Adding those and launching DCS.

Also Try Launching DCS w/ Rift HDMI Unplugged (normal mode), Open Settings change anything (non VR related) so it saves a config.lua. (ie full screen, resolution etc), if it saves and reboots DCS, then close DCS and Re-Connect Your Rift)

This worked to stop the black screen for me.

Thanks.

Going to the VR Tab and checking the "Use Mouse" box allows the use of the mouse in the cockpit, which I'm assuming you already know, but that doesn't completely decouple it from your head movement. As for how to completely decouple, I don't know.

Controls to Black Screen

Controls. 1.5.4

Pressing OK after adjusting controls or indeed just opening controls results in black screen which remains.

Ctrl Alt Delete to remove DCS.

No mods on.

Occured with at least two different modules.

Going to the VR Tab and checking the "Use Mouse" box allows the use of the mouse in the cockpit, which I'm assuming you already know, but that doesn't completely decouple it from your head movement. As for how to completely decouple, I don't know.

I agree, you still have to look almost directly at the object before it will "recognise" a mouse click.

You need to delete Your:

C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\

Folder and then set all preferneces again in the config menu.

You can safe the input files in the root of that folder together with the folders and file found here:

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\

Inorder to keep Your controler settings for all modules.

Just be aware that f.ex the SA-342 controls has changed and might not work properly with 1.5.4

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Reggie, once you are in game, make sure you hit L-Alt and Enter to make the the windowed screen on your desktop goes to fullscreen. This should make clicking in you cockpit much more effective.

Controls. 1.5.4

Pressing OK after adjusting controls or indeed just opening controls results in black screen which remains.

Ctrl Alt Delete to remove DCS.

No mods on.

Occured with at least two different modules.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2821188&postcount=39

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Could it be related to the new Oculus Home update ??

BTW I get same black screen, without anykind of save or log

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

what is the problem with options menu?

tried repair but still getting blackscreen after clicking ok on options menu:(

i just wanted to decrease antialiasing 4x to 2x but getting blackscreen.

no mod installed during update and testing

It is broken.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:(

i hope for a quick fix!

You can get around it. Read back a few pages. It's working fine for me now.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Oh and thanks for the heads-up on the new .lua file section SkateZilla, I missed that post.

Could it be related to the new Oculus Home update ??

BTW I get same black screen, without anykind of save or log

tried repair but still getting blackscreen after clicking ok on options menu:(

i just wanted to decrease antialiasing 4x to 2x but getting blackscreen.

no mod installed during update and testing

It is broken.

:(

i hope for a quick fix!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2821188&postcount=39

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks Skate, This worked for me as well.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I would get this same issue in the stable 1.5.3 if I set my settings very high (max everything out at 1440). I figure it would have more to due with my card just not being able to handle those settings.

Your 1.5.3 Stable Likely Crashed and the Crash Box is hidden behind the black window.

Likely unrelated to a missing VR Section in the Options.lua as it wasn't introduced until 1.5.4

VR - Pixel density bug

When choosing a different pixel density and clicking on OK, the menu disappears and there's no way to make it reappear.

Using HTC Vive. Windows 10. DCS 1.5.4

Cheers!

e./

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1