[CLOSED] Slanted side view when using TiR in latest 1.5.4. OB.

About the firs thing, what direction should I be looking towards?

Either or, I just want to test to make sure TrackIR/HMD View Axes are not linked to other inputs (ie throttle),

it looks like they are Linked to the mouse position based on recent posts.

Also If Someone Wants to, Clear the Mouse of the Camera Axes Controls, Click OK, Re-Center, and test.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also If Someone Wants to, Clear the Mouse of the Camera Axes Controls, Click OK, Re-Center, and test.
Did that already, no change.

Note that the lateral views my head has no angle in regards to the horizontal plane. I also have to turn it quite further than usual.

b2A9smQ.jpg

C5JOR3W.jpg

Cf8H7Fz.jpg

7SawJxl.jpg

zRmjIs4.jpg

Note that the lateral views my head has no angle in regards to the horizontal plane. I also have to turn it quite further than usual.

gliptal that is the same view angle problem with my facetracknoir.

and there is sensibility problem too

Put the Mouse Axes Back on the Mouse,

LALT+C to enable mouse look mode (i think that's the command), tap the mouse forward, then look left/right, Or look left/right and tap mouse forward.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Numpad 5 to Center, and LALT+C to Disable Mouse Look (Technically it enables Click Mouse).
I mean that the view is tilted down a few degrees. If I recenter the view it only affects position.

If I look 90 degrees left or right I can see the horizon is tilted. After correcting with the mouse head tracking behaves as expected.

It looks as if the camera reference system and the cockpit reference system can be different, as it happens when the mission loads and the view is tilted down a few degrees, so when the camera moves it moves along axes that are not matching the axes of the cockpit reference system producing weird effects.

I'm struggling to explain it in English, sorry. I hope someone can understand something.

Did two tests deleting my old input folder for L-39C and allowing the game to build a fresh one.

First test - TrackIR on, with stock 6 entries game assignts to it by default, mouse off by deleting absolutely all mouse entries. Result - sideview slanted.

Second test - game launched with TrackIR turned off, mouse settings default. Result - side view OK.

Edit:

after reading Skate's post about numkeys, did third test - default Tir and mouse settings, central point of view adjusted by Num 2 & 8, now the slope is gone. However, every attempt of centering the view by hitting 5 gets the head angled again.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The problem is probably irregardless of the facetracking software and hardware used. Something must be amiss internally.

i am relaxing myself with thinking that those facetracking problems will not be permanent because this is open beta version, otherwise something frightened me:(

Put the Mouse Axes Back on the Mouse,

LALT+C to enable mouse look mode (i think that's the command), tap the mouse forward, then look left/right, Or look left/right and tap mouse forward.

the default forward view you have, you are actually looking down, meaning head is tilted forward in game, look left/right the horizon is gonna slope IRL.

if you pause TIR, press center (NumPAD5), then Numpad 8 (up) to move up, then unpause TIR do you have the same slope?

Now the slope is gone, but it's still way off in regards of limits, and 3d positioning of the POV.

Did you check your profile within TrackIr to make sure something isnt screwed up there?

Many times, tried default setting, nothing.

Rolled back DCS to a previous version and tested on 2.0 : both are working fine.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I found a conflict in my TrackIR Z axis settings for all the modules I checked. Not sure if it fixed the problem with the MiG-21 though, didn't have time to test it...

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

Did two tests deleting my old input folder for L-39C and allowing the game to build a fresh one.

First test - TrackIR on, with stock 6 entries game assignts to it by default, mouse off by deleting absolutely all mouse entries. Result - sideview slanted.

Second test - game launched with TrackIR turned off, mouse settings default. Result - side view OK.

Edit:

after reading Skate's post about numkeys, did third test - default Tir and mouse settings, central point of view adjusted by Num 2 & 8, now the slope is gone. However, every attempt of centering the view by hitting 5 gets the head angled again.

RALT+NUMPAD 0 is to Save current view as Default.

• Like 1

I see everyone keeps mentioning NumPAD5,

For TrackIR isnt Center F12?

interesting. for me the mig21 was the only module that worked properly with trackir (my setup: 1 display screen, trackir5, no VR). nothing seemed to have changed, my trackIR settings were working normal like before the update,

but all other modules i tried, they now have messed up trackir movement (seems like some axis are mixed up, yaw and pitch are not set properly anymore etc ).

My head is sticking in the HUD Glass and I can´t remove it. Can´t see the cockpit at all.

Well, further testing seems to confirm that Track IR does not recognize any axis that isn´t "turn"...so I can "turn" my head left right, up down, and roll side to side.

But I can´t move the head forward, backward, left, right or up down.

So I am stuck in whatever position my head starts in.

All the axis are set up. No other plane does this.

screen_160625_073743ueuzn.jpg

Edited by Chrinik

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Skate, I mentioned Numpad5 only because You mentioned it :D. I've never been using this function in DCS, while my TiR centering key is binded to Numpad0. Adjusting via 2 & 8 and saving via Alt0 will be an emergency solution for now, but I'd rather not have to do it in the first place :).

AS for my old TiR profile, it still works flawlessly in my both 1.5 stable and 2.0 install.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Skewed tracking caused by corrupt values in Views.lua

The VR headtracking is off in the latest beta. The cause seems to be values other than zero introduced into the default view section of the views.lua file for each aircraft. Editing the views.lua corrects the issue.

Similar issue posted by trackIR users.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Skate and Sith, are you sure you are testing the same version that went public? Seems weird that so many people have those issues (and black screen on settings crash) but not you.

From what I see, all aircraft that now have trackir enabled in external view (rather useless feature), have this issue with skewed view to the sides in the internal view and broken sensitivity. MiG-21 and Gazelle are fine, but you have to uncheck "USE MOUSE" in the VR option to restore 6DOF.

And enabling mouse view (Alt-C) in the internal view completely messes up trackir orientation.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Seems to be only MP: A workaround suggested has been to launch TIR, press pause on TIR, launch DCS, wait until in cockpit then release pause on TIR. It's not a great bug, looks like the hot swappable devices isnt working as planned.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *