DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

SR Client goto settings, click on reset radio overlay...

OR

Hold down SHIFT key and right click on a running program icon on the taskbar, a popup menu should appear, click on Move then use the Left/Right Arrow key to move it.

Hi Gizzy,

well that did not help in itself since I could not access the program. But your suggestion gave me another idea that worked : I went to task manager and there I was able to maximize the SRS window in full screen. Then I was again able to resize it and... now it works.

Thanks for the reply !

SRS has no radio persistence - if you switch aircraft and you're connected to a server the radios will change

You'll see extra radios if the server has enabled Expansion Radios - you can check that on the Show Server settings on the client :)

Some DCS modules have a physical PTT that I can use to trigger the PTT in SRS - where possible I use them. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 and the column In-Cockpit DCS PTT

I'd recommend just binding a hotkey in SRS and having that standard across all aircraft if you fly a variety

Yes it already does :)

If you set up something listening on UDP port 7082 youll see JSON coming in that you can parse to do what you want

You can also send controls to SRS over UDP but the port is changing

You'll have to check the source for more info for now put I can post an example on the Wiki at some point

Can't activate via a hotkey unfortunately as its in DCS

You can change colours by editing R G B in DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

I'd say a false positive - (but I would say that ) the code is signed, you can right click on the exe and see, as well as trusted by windows smart screen. Maybe run it through some online checkers to put your mind at ease?

I assume the antivirus is freaking out as an exe is running as admin and moving stuff around.

If you're really worried you can build it from source using visual studio. :)

The next update it might magically go as the signature will change with every update and hopefully you'll no longer have a false positive

Many thanks Ciribob. Much clearer now.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Hi,

I noticed the following when using SRS (1.4.8.0) with the Gazelle:

on default, the radio is on TRAP 138A. When I want to switch to UHF TRA 6031 and press the button on the middle console (press to select UHF, turn to change volume) I see the button pressed but SRS stays on 138A. I can change to 6031 (or any radio) by using the SRS radio overlay.

However, turning the button on the middle console does change the volume (as seen on the overlay), so it's not totally without function in SRS, I just can't change between radios.

How do I change radios in SRS using the Gazelle's clickable cockpit and not the overlay? I did a search but didn't find an answer. What am I missing? Thanks!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Hi, I had a crazy audio problem yesterday, think it was related to SRS, not sure.

But every now and again when someone talked over SRS the audio volume would jump to max for a few seconds, loud enough to get to the point I'd have to take my headphones off, absolutely deafening.

Would seem to happen randomly, but only whenever someone started to talk over the radio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20thBG_Blackwolf

Love the SR Ciribob, two questions for you, Can you change the color of the radios listed to any other color on the VR display(ctrl+shift+ Esc) and is it possible to bind it to a Hotas button to activate it? Lifting the VR to find the keyboard isn't fun.

Ciirbob:

Can't activate via a hotkey unfortunately as its in DCS

You can change colours by editing R G B in DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Thanks for the info!

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

... is it possible to bind it to a Hotas button to activate it? Lifting the VR to find the keyboard isn't fun.

Hey BG, VoiceAttack will work fine, use one for a toggle or use 2 separate commands for on / off... just a thought :)

SIGBLOCK.png

Of course I can acknowledge that my poll thread about SRS frequency input logic showed

a) not much interest in the subject by other users with only 30 votes in 3 weeks and

b) with 17 over 13 votes for change no clear result.

But how about this:

@Ciribob: How about making both frequency dial logics optional and configurable in settings? - Too high of a workload to program the missing realistic one and/or too low in priority of software changes, I guess?

Hi, I had a crazy audio problem yesterday, think it was related to SRS, not sure.

But every now and again when someone talked over SRS the audio volume would jump to max for a few seconds, loud enough to get to the point I'd have to take my headphones off, absolutely deafening.

Would seem to happen randomly, but only whenever someone started to talk over the radio.

Sounds like someone had their mic boost too high - thats all i can think of as SRS wont affect the volume of anything else

Hi,

I noticed the following when using SRS (1.4.8.0) with the Gazelle:

on default, the radio is on TRAP 138A. When I want to switch to UHF TRA 6031 and press the button on the middle console (press to select UHF, turn to change volume) I see the button pressed but SRS stays on 138A. I can change to 6031 (or any radio) by using the SRS radio overlay.

However, turning the button on the middle console does change the volume (as seen on the overlay), so it's not totally without function in SRS, I just can't change between radios.

How do I change radios in SRS using the Gazelle's clickable cockpit and not the overlay? I did a search but didn't find an answer. What am I missing? Thanks!

For gazelle - use the SRS hotkeys - incockpit selectors aren't implemented yet, but volume is :)

Of course I can acknowledge that my poll thread about SRS frequency input logic showed

a) not much interest in the subject by other users with only 30 votes in 3 weeks and

b) with 17 over 13 votes for change no clear result.

But how about this:

The issue isn't im against it - the issue is time. Feel free to help (or find others) its opensource :)

If I added it - it would always be selectable between how it is now and the alternative way

You can also donate if you really want it to be added :P

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New TEST Version - 1.4.9.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

Please note - You WILL need to redo all settings are settings are now stored in a local .cfg file instead of in the registry

The settings system change means you can now have multiple versions installed - each with different settings

This version changes how audio volume levels are "boosted" again - as well as adding volume levelling / automatic gain control plus some other preprocessing on the input audio. You should be able to leave mic input around 0 to -5dB and just change the output boost to get the volume how you like compared to DCS and other programs.

Many small bug fixes for audio processing and audio preview as well as changes to the radio sound effect

THIS VERSION IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER 1.4.9.0 SERVERS + CLIENTS - Sorry.

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Fixed conflict with Helios (and possibly other exports)
  • Changed mic input to have Auto gain control (up to a point) plus other pre-processing
  • Fixed bugs with audio preview not always matching output volume
  • Changed how audio is boosted (again)
  • Changed how volume sliders work (now non linear!)
  • Added new way of storing settings in local file - for backup or running versions in parallel
  • Thanks to ArthurDCS - Support for Logitech/Saitek PZ69 Radio Panel now implemented & available shortly - see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137670
  • Added support for F-14 - thanks to gyrovague ????
  • Added warning if opus.dll or speexdsp.dll is missing (i.e not launched from where it was installed)

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE TESTING RELEASE 1.4.9.0: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/tag/1.4.9.0

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The 1.4.9.0 simply doesn't want to launch on my computer. Both server and client. I tried on 2 computers and the weirdest things happen. Got some strange messages telling me the app cannot access the device. Then application or shortcut is deleted without any action from me. I was thinking that my antivirus was playing with me, but no alert messages shown.

On a lighter note, I went back to 1.4.6 who is the one who works best for me. Flying on the Ka50, I realized that when the radio selector of the KA50 is set to SW (Short Waves), SR is not switching to the 3rd radio where it is just displayed 'unknown'. SW is a radio selector position using a SW radio with just one unique preset frequency. We are using this to communicate between other Ka50 in formation (close). Is it something that was working before?

The 1.4.9.0 simply doesn't want to launch on my computer. Both server and client. I tried on 2 computers and the weirdest things happen. Got some strange messages telling me the app cannot access the device. Then application or shortcut is deleted without any action from me. I was thinking that my antivirus was playing with me, but no alert messages shown.

On a lighter note, I went back to 1.4.6 who is the one who works best for me. Flying on the Ka50, I realized that when the radio selector of the KA50 is set to SW (Short Waves), SR is not switching to the 3rd radio where it is just displayed 'unknown'. SW is a radio selector position using a SW radio with just one unique preset frequency. We are using this to communicate between other Ka50 in formation (close). Is it something that was working before?

The SW radio was never actually installed on the ka50 (even though there is a switch) apparently, so enable expansion radios on your server and it'll appear.

You can also edit the dcs-simpleradio lua to make it always enabled.

Can you talk me through the extent steps you tried? You downloaded the zip from https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/download/1.4.9.0/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.4.9.0.zip

Extracted everything from the folder

Ran installer

Then the exe disappeared from where it was installed?

Try running the client radio directly from where in installed, not via a shortcut

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Edited by Ciribob

Ciribob, is this latest version compatible with HELIOS? You advised that 1.4.8.0 wasn't and i reverted to 1.4.6.0. This remained compatible with 1.4.8.0 server.

I note the warning that 1.4.9.0 will not work with earlier client versions, but no confirmation that it will work with HELIOS.

I suspect that my group will want to update their server to 1.4.9.0, and am concerned that this will make either HELIOS or SRS unavailable to me - either would be a disaster!

Advice requested, please.

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read your post and note that it is now compatible with HELIOS.

RTFM, Stupid!

Edited by flyco

The issue isn't im against it - the issue is time. Feel free to help (or find others) its opensource :)

If I added it - it would always be selectable between how it is now and the alternative way

You can also donate if you really want it to be added :P

Too bad I can't be of any help with the opensource code, I also don't know anyone who could do it...

But a donation is a good idea - your fine add-on deserves it anyway, and if it possibly motivates you to incorporate a desired feature - even better!

Money sent:P

Too bad I can't be of any help with the opensource code, I also don't know anyone who could do it...

But a donation is a good idea - your fine add-on deserves it anyway, and if it possibly motivates you to incorporate a desired feature - even better!

Money sent:P

Thank you very much! That's very kind :)

Hi Ciribob. Done some testing with the test version 1.4.9 and so far so good, if you changed a lot under the hood then it all (mostly) seems fine. I like what you did to the Radio Voice Effects! :)

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Hi Ciribob. Done some testing with the test version 1.4.9 and so far so good, if you changed a lot under the hood then it all (mostly) seems fine. I like what you did to the Radio Voice Effects! :)
Thanks for the test and the help. :)

I'll likely release this version Sunday. Be warned - all servers WILL have to update

Hi Gents,

DCS 2.5 Open Beta on Win7. Updated from 1.4.6. (never any problem with this) to 1.4.8., SR starts up OK (DCS not even started yet), audio preview OK, connection to server OK, but when I press "Toggle radio overlay", SR just crashes.

Any cure? THX

Hi Gents,

DCS 2.5 Open Beta on Win7. Updated from 1.4.6. (never any problem with this) to 1.4.8., SR starts up OK (DCS not even started yet), audio preview OK, connection to server OK, but when I press "Toggle radio overlay", SR just crashes.

Any cure? THX

Hit reset overlay in settings :thumbup:

Thanks, it worked!

Now the only problem I can't solve since several versions back is: when exiting, why doesn't it save the input device as I set and used it? Every time I fire it up, it always has Wave as Input device instead of Microphone as I left it. In previous versions it happened mostly with the Output device option, instead of Speaker it always came up as S/PDIF device, so I couldn't hear anything, until I found out previous setting not saved. Any idea?...

Thanks, it worked!

Now the only problem I can't solve since several versions back is: when exiting, why doesn't it save the input device as I set and used it? Every time I fire it up, it always has Wave as Input device instead of Microphone as I left it. In previous versions it happened mostly with the Output device option, instead of Speaker it always came up as S/PDIF device, so I couldn't hear anything, until I found out previous setting not saved. Any idea?...

Hopefully fixed in next release - if not - send me your client logs on discord :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Hopefully fixed in next release - if not - send me your client logs on discord :)

Awesome news! Look forward to testing as soon as I can find a server run it on (ie once it's pushed to release and servers update)

Really intrigued to hear the new radio voice effect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Great, thanks! It's a bit hidden flaw, difficult to point out. Being a bit noob for Discord, how can I find you there? "Ciribob" in the search field didn't find any match. Sorry for OFF...

Great, thanks! It's a bit hidden flaw, difficult to point out. Being a bit noob for Discord, how can I find you there? "Ciribob" in the search field didn't find any match. Sorry for OFF...

Sure! It's here https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey