Main menu hangar

Einherjer

AB-212 is the Bell Designation for the UH-1H.

F-86F is what you need to use for the Sabre

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

AB-212 is the Bell Designation for the UH-1H.

F-86F is what you need to use for the Sabre

Thank you SkateZilla! I tried "F-86F" but it crashed my DCS. I changed it to "f86f" (the edm is f86f) and the startup hanger screen showed the Sabre, but it locked up my startup window at 10%. I don't remember if it was in both 1.5.7 and 2.1.1, but I eventually had to do a cleanup and a repair on 1.5.7 to run even nonvR in that program. DCS 1.5.7 obviously didn't like something. In most cases, 2.1.1 simply refused to start when I tried using "sceneVR" files in which I had changed the aircraft designation. That's why I was wondering if the same "sceneVR" files could be used in both.

Should I assume that "F-5E" will show the TigerII in the hanger? I couldn't find an edm file for that airplane.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

First of all, a huge thank you to Hawkeye60 and everyone else who put in so much time to create these virtual hangers. I have a few questions though.

The files that Hawkeye60 created mostly seem to be for 1.5.x. When I've tried to use some of them in 2.1.1, my DCS crashed.

Does anyone know how to rotate the tail down (pitch axis) on the taildraggers (P-51, Bf-109, Fw-190) so the tailwheel is on the floor?

And finally, in the lua for the UH-1H, the aircraft code is "ab-212" where I was expecting UH-1H or uh1h or something similar. Is that the vendor's designation (ab-212.edm)? I'm trying to create files for the F-5E and the F-86F. I was able to use "f86f," but my loading screen never got beyond 10% when I tried to start DCS. I never found the .edm name for the F-5E.

Any help is appreciated.

I will look into this soon.

The fix may be easy.

Stay tuned...........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 months later...
Is there a way to not have to reinstall these files after every DCS update? It looks like they keep getting overwritten.

I've tried to create a DemoScenes folder under c:\users\[user]\savedgames\dcs\scripts and to put there the modded sceneVR.lua, but it doesn't seem to work: dcs ignores it and keep reading the file under d:\eagle dynamics\dcs world\scripts

If there was a way to avoid overwriting file after every update, but till now I can't manage...

the file isnt overwritten, its moved to /DCS/Backup.xxx/ Folder.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...
Any news on this? a Harrier on the Trawa scene would be amaizing
All of my VR main menu hanger mods work in 2.2

You need to use GvGME to set the correct path.

Create a new configuration.

I called mine DCS Main

Set the root folder to the DCS main folder version you wish to use.

(This is the folder that USED to be used. The Main DCS sim folder, NOT the saved games folder )

Your mod folder path can stay the same.

Install the VR files with this config first then switch to the regular mod config.

Done!

Now you can create any VR scene you wish.

You could edit the( VR - Ticonderoga Gazelle's) file and substitute in the correct file names........

Use only notepad++ to edit lua files.

Hope this helps

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Any news on this? a Harrier on the Trawa scene would be amaizing

VR_Tarawa.thumb.png.4a9cadea43d139da5e0c8b0dfa88cca7.png

Here you go :)

Some animations included. If you don't like it, set the variables animations and/or trajectory to false in lines 130, 131.

VR Hangar - Tarawa-Harrier.zip

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
hi , can you tell argument for a10c

open cockpit / lights blinking on the wing (green and red) / stairs to cockpit open / landing lights on

Hi, this attached doc helped me a little bit. I believe it's out-of-date but it's still helpful.

Draw arguments for aircrafts 1.1.pdf

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Does.anyone have an answer for Hannibal's question? Does the menu scene impact game performance?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Ho2w about a random aircraft everytime you enter the hanger from your list of mods.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

I made one based on J-1775's WWII hangar. This will randomly select between the Spitfire, P-51, BF 109, and the FW 190.

Might still have some bugs, I ran out of patience.

Nice. I don't have any WWII planes, but I will modify for my taste. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, did you use any documentation for this? I have a doc with the arguments but it is outdated.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Dangity-dangity-dang I wish there were a way to load any skin in the hangar, which you can use in the game :cry:

I did some extensive argument testing (scene.m:setArgument) with the P-51D, and thought I'd post my results, in case it might help anybody setting up their own hangar script.

Model arguments

-- All valid values are from -1 to 1. Decimal values generally advance animation position along the scope of their full movement path.

-- These values are to the greatest extent in reference to and have been test on the P-51D, although they will probably have usage with

-- most models.

-- Settings which have been commented out with leading '--' I have found have no usage in the P-51D.

scene.m:setArgument(0, 1); -- tail wheel 0=up 1=down

scene.m:setArgument(1, 0.1); -- tail wheel compression 0=none 1=fully compressed

scene.m:setArgument(2, 0.2); -- tail wheel turn off center >0=counterclockwise <0=clockwise

scene.m:setArgument(3, 1); -- right landing strut extention 0=up 1=down

scene.m:setArgument(4, 0.2); -- right landing strut compression 0=none 1=full compressed

scene.m:setArgument(5, 1); -- left landing strut extention 0=up 1=down

scene.m:setArgument(6, 0.2); -- left landing strut compression 0=none 1=full compressed

-- scene.m:setArgument(8, 1.0); -- folding wings

scene.m:setArgument(9, 1.0); -- right flap 0=up 1=down

scene.m:setArgument(10, 1.0); -- left flap 0=up 1=down

scene.m:setArgument(11, 0.0); -- right aileron -1=fully down 0=centered 1=fully up

scene.m:setArgument(12, 0.0); -- left aileron -1=fully down 0=centered 1=fully up

scene.m:setArgument(13, 1); -- rigth slat 0=retracted, 1=extended fully

scene.m:setArgument(14, 1); -- left slat 0=retracted, 1=extended fully

scene.m:setArgument(15, -1); -- elevator (right stabilizer) -1=tail edge down 0=centered 1=tail edge up

-- scene.m:setArgument(16, -0.5); -- elevator (left stabilizer) -1=tail edge down 0=centered 1=tail edge up (nothing if only 1 elevator)

scene.m:setArgument(17, -0.5); -- rudder (right) 1=clockwise -1=counterclockwise

-- scene.m:setArgument(18, 0.2); -- rudder (left) 1=clockwise -1=counterclockwise

-- scene.m:setArgument(19, 0.2); -- canard (left) 1=tail edge up 0=centered -1=tail edge down

-- scene.m:setArgument(20, 0.2); -- canard (right) 1=tail edge up 0=centered -1=tail edge down

-- scene.m:setArgument(21, 0.0); -- drag shoot

-- scene.m:setArgument(22, 0.0); -- refueling boom

-- scene.m:setArgument(23, 0.0); -- shoes

-- scene.m:setArgument(24, 0.0); -- intake closers

-- scene.m:setArgument(25, 0.0); -- hook

-- scene.m:setArgument(26, 0.0); -- bomb bay door

-- scene.m:setArgument(27, 0.0); -- country

-- scene.m:setArgument(28, 0.0); -- afterburning right engine

-- scene.m:setArgument(29, 0.0); -- afterburning left engine

-- scene.m:setArgument(30, 0.0); -- refueling boom on kc-10 tanker

scene.m:setArgument(31, 0.3); -- flight # first digit (not BORT, SN)

scene.m:setArgument(32, 0.6); -- flight # second digit (not BORT, SN)

scene.m:setArgument(38, 0.9); -- canopy 0=closed 0.9=fully opened 1=not present

-- scene.m:setArgument(39, 0.0); -- pilot head -1=left 0=centered 1=right

-- scene.m:setArgument(40, 0); -- draw angle of propeller rotation 0-360 (no affect in P-51D)

scene.m:setArgument(50, 0.5); -- ejection seat draw 0.5=no pilot present

scene.m:setArgument(407, -0.5); -- propeller spin =-0.5 not spinning, <-0.5 blade position advances clockwise [seen from front]

-- >-0.5 propeller spinning (the greater the number, the faster the spin [blurred blade position advances

-- counterclockwise]) 0=propeller not present

scene.m:setArgument(208, 0); -- landing light 0=off 0.1+=on

-- Each wing of the P-51D has up to 5 rocket pilons, or 1 bomb pilon inboard with 3 rocket pilons outboard. (The rocket pilons inboard

-- of the bomb pilons can be displayed, but it is an invalid configuration)

-- For ease of use of this documentation, pilons are designated R# or L# (as viewed from the cockpit in flight direction), where # is the

-- position from furthest inboard (1) to furthest outboard (5). Bomb pilons are therefore R2 and L2.

scene.m:setArgument(308, -0.5); --weapon pilons L2(bomb pilon position) 0=no pilon 0.5=bomb pilon 1=rocket pilon

scene.m:setArgument(309, -0.5); --weapon pilons L1 0=no pilon 1=rocket pilon

scene.m:setArgument(310, -0.5); --weapon pilons R1 0=no pilon 1=rocket pilon

scene.m:setArgument(311, -0.5); --weapon pilons R2(bomb pilon position) 0=no pilon 0.5=bomb pilon 1=rocket pilon

-- Attention: logic reversal for pilons 3-5.

scene.m:setArgument(312, -0.5); --weapon pilons L3 0=pilon 1=no pilon

scene.m:setArgument(313, -0.5); --weapon pilons L4 0=pilon 1=no pilon

scene.m:setArgument(314, -0.5); --weapon pilons L5 0=pilon 1=no pilon

scene.m:setArgument(315, -0.5); --weapon pilons R3 0=pilon 1=no pilon

scene.m:setArgument(316, -0.5); --weapon pilons R4 0=pilon 1=no pilon

scene.m:setArgument(317, -0.5); --weapon pilons R5 0=pilon 1=no pilon

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
awesome thanks how can we make it on the carrier?

Pretty much complicated to explain, took me lots of analysing the .lua to understand etc, but basicly you jsut replace the shape used int he lua, though it's ugly and disgustin, cut what load is an infinite horizon like Modelviewer, with not really water, and the deck surface is limited, so it's fake and i find it immersion break down, i let the hangar walla to hide this crap stuff, even on mine with the door open you can see the crap floor going through the horizon but the menu and otehr hornets hides it. And as for the Carrier Hangar is low Res and ugly, so i tried to use an envrionement that is better resolution and hides the limitation of the VR scene.