Track replay is bugged...

This is, in my opinion, one of the most annoying bugs and it has been introduced with 1.5.

I feel that ED is not spending enough effort on quality. If they continue on that track they will one day pay by losing customers.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is, in my opinion, one of the most annoying bugs and it has been introduced with 1.5.

I feel that ED is not spending enough effort on quality. If they continue on that track they will one day pay by losing customers.

We have more or less the same opinion about this.

For me one is clear: the next days, weeks and months should primarily be spent for bugfixing, and trying to make the product worth the efforts made so far.

I am pretty sure there are many discussions about this topic within the developer teams.

OK, new modules bring fresh money to pay the bills, but ... the flip side of the coin is it to have annoyed users outta here, which have to complain about bugs that - obviously weren't existent in older versions.

I dont wann cry around, really, DCS is an absolutely breathtaking simulation, no discussion for me. It is getting better and better, in so much areas.

BUT PLEASE: SPEND 30% MORE TIME NOW TO FIX ANNOYING BUGS FIRST, instead of coming up with new modules or new ideas.

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I have to report that today 2 of my track files worked OK, I rendered some air to air fights of Viggen versus F-15 to AVI successfully and without any trouble.

I dont know the circumstances that lead to failure of replaying track files, its ... kind of weired.

Maybe I shouldn't switch to desktop once the application was opened ... I dont know.

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

The in game track file is a excellent way to look at your flight, no video capture program can do what it can! Move around the aircraft to look on it from different angels, watch incoming ordnance from enemy view point or track your own ordnance to see if it is a good hit. So many option to make a good video of it. TackView is for tactical viewing only, and is not useful to watch how you did fly the plane.

I used trackfile/watch a lot to look at my landings with planes that are difficult to land, Spit and 109, 190. And some time making a nice video of it. And of course Ka-50 missions, where it takes ages to complete any missions, it helps to watch it over again to learn what did go wrong. And it is nice to watch it anyway.

I use Shadowplay to record my videos, and that works nice for me. But I never record any directly from game, only from track/watch.

Today I miss the opportunity to do all this because tracks are broken. I read that Dynamic weather can make it happen, so I will see if I use that and disable it and hope for the best.

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

I have another question regarding tracks, is there a way to disable automatic track recording while on multiplayer? This does spam my SSD, which I do not really like it can shorten it's life span .....

Edited by maquez

i9 11900K, ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming, ROG STRIX RTX 3060 TI, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, Thrustmaster T1600 Flight Pack, TrackIR 5

Hardware Benchmark

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F-86F, F/A-18C, FC3, JF-17, Ka-50, M-2000C, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, SA342, UH-1H, Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Combined Arms

Steam Profile, Twitch, Youtube

Yesterday I took my Spitfire out for a ride.

I managed two dangerous looking take offs and also two (similar looking) landings with no major damage.

This procedure took around 45 minutes (as I wrote to my Flight Book).

Replay ran fine until the second landing as I taxi the short way in the meadow :)

Up to this point I blamed the unexpected well behave of the Track-Replay to the latest update but than I became disappointed.

In "real life" I reached my parking area in good order, in Replay my bird stuck. I sat here and watched "me" actuating rudder and throttle (same or similar?) as I did before but the plane stuck (maybe in a molehill that there wasn't before). The plane came free as I gave full throttle for a second to perform a 180 degrees turn at parking pod while recording. In replay it made just a short move forward.

What a shame!

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

Today I miss the opportunity to do all this because tracks are broken. I read that Dynamic weather can make it happen, so I will see if I use that and disable it and hope for the best.

From what I heard Dynamic Weather will make it more likely that the track will not work. But don't bother cause it will break anyway regardless.

This feature is basically useless and it doesn't seem like they will want to fix it.

From what I heard Dynamic Weather will make it more likely that the track will not work. But don't bother cause it will break anyway regardless.

This feature is basically useless and it doesn't seem like they will want to fix it.

Just to get you right ... "this feature" ... you are meaning the weather, or do you mean the track replay?

my computer:

"Bugged"? You mean entirely broken?

I love the track feature, but I cannot even record a simple take-off of a single aircraft without it going wonky. Sometimes it fails before my aircraft even reaches the runway, steering off the taxiway and attempting to take off across the grass.

No external views used, no time compression, no other units at all in the mission.

If its not a broken feature, under what circumstances, exactly, does it record successfully?

Tacview is very nice and very useful, but the loss of the proper, in-engine replay feature is a huge detriment in my book.

Is it the same in DCS 2.0?

I've commented on this many times. I thinks this is lowest bug on the totem pole for repairs, I also thing ED and a lot of the Developers have to many irons in the fire at one time. TC

Yes it's the Same.

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

The root of the problem is that the method of track recording is flawed, in terms of providing a replay. In order to fix it an entirely new system of recording must be created from scratch.

In other words, it is a lot more than just a bug fix.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I feel like it used to work, perhaps in a version long past?

Exactly my thoughts yesterday night.

But than I remember I watched me flying a short trip - just about 40 miles airport to airport - and my A-10C landed about 100 meters besides the strip (going up in flames).

This was a very ancient version about two years ago. :doh:

I blamed it to a sloppy adjusted GPS (I was not aware about those things).

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

I feel like it used to work, perhaps in a version long past?

Is that my imagination?

External views and fancy vehicle models are almost pointless without replay.

It used to work - before 1.5. I used it a lot.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Exactly my thoughts yesterday night.

But than I remember I watched me flying a short trip - just about 40 miles airport to airport - and my A-10C landed about 100 meters besides the strip (going up in flames).

This was a very ancient version about two years ago. :doh:

I blamed it to a sloppy adjusted GPS (I was not aware about those things).

It used to work - before 1.5. I used it a lot.

I thought so, I'd have expected it to be several years back, I've been away from DCS for some time.

I wish I could get to the end of a track and only be 100m off, I've had tracks send my aircraft taxiing from the ramp onto the grass and attempt to do the takeoff run from there - thats not accumulated error from a recording overwhelmed by inputs, thats something seriously screwed up.

I can forget watching myself fly mach1 NoE in my new Viggen, TacView is no use in this regard. Last time I tried this, the track flew my aircraft into the ground 2 mins after takeoff before I even started NoE.

Edited by p1t1o

• 6 months later...
So....how is it that GlowingAMRAAM and other well-known video creators have functioning replays that they can record with?

By choosing planes that for some reason have a higher reliability of tracks than others, and by using carefully chosen fragments of air-start missions.

For example you can make a perfect air-start track of flying around and shooting stuff in the Spitfire, but you can't make a cold-start track of the same Spitfire taxiing and taking off, as it will desync already during taxi phase.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

By choosing planes that for some reason have a higher reliability of tracks than others, and by using carefully chosen fragments of air-start missions.

For example you can make a perfect air-start track of flying around and shooting stuff in the Spitfire, but you can't make a cold-start track of the same Spitfire taxiing and taking off, as it will desync already during taxi phase.

Purely by luck and some of these techniques and probably some others.

Most probably - note that all these trailers, pretty much advertizing videoclips, consist of cherry picked & fancy fly-by and shooting sequences which are up to 5 seconds long at most. Not a big deal to record and use a couple of these even if the rest of the replay track goes bonkers :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Not even airstarts of 10 minute missions in the Viggen will replay. Altitudes and attitudes, bank angles, everything becomes corrupted within seconds of starting the replay. What should be a descent to 60m results in lawn darting. What should be a sharp turn to the next waypoint turns into being 30 degrees off with a permanent bank...when wings should have been level.