Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Regarding "balancing" Blueflag, the biggest problem you run into is player base beyond anything else; not even so much in "what the player base wants" but rather population...

... Sorry for the long ramble but until DCS becomes "Main Stream", which it won't, this problem is always going to exist.

The simulation community is small and always will be. Not so many people out there who are into aviation so ED can't do anything about that. Even if they'd give away modules and maps for free! And even if we had the numbers the ratio will not change. Nato planes will still be many peoples' favourite. Guess reallife politics and the media work do have their effect. Let's not get all political here though, that was NOT my intention.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Regarding "balancing" Blueflag, the biggest problem you run into is player base beyond anything else; not even so much in "what the player base wants" but rather population.

In early rounds of BF before a lot of the aircraft that are in the game weren't, and it had unrestricted payloads, the biggest gripes were "120's are too hard to play against" and "Blue outnumbers Red".

To be honest 120s weren't a problem before all the good Russian aa got removed because "They shoot me down too much waaaah"

Its great thats its back. Unfortunately the server was extremely laggy with only 20 or so players on just after the restart. I took a 3 ship up and we were all in our own little indivudual blue flags.

I knwo the struggle is real. Good luck BF team!

Edited by ///Rage

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Server is broken:

- 29 nails

- faded

- radar contact to it - speed 0

- fox on it - splash - no count in the players pool

- 2 Reapers got splashed after they got spiked by a 29, missle never seen, no additional kill count in the red players pool

- text messages typed into chat do not appear for the other players

Edit: Before that happened, we flew like 1 hour without issues and only little lag or warping.

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You say that the player base is there, and perhaps you'd know better than I? But in these events, how many people sign up? Are you talking like 15 MiG's and 15 Tiger's, or are you talking like 50 and 50? Because you need those sorts of numbers before you can make 70% of the fighters third gen on Blueflag.

I think every man and his dog has either the Mig21 or the F5 (if not both). At least the people I know and fly with and against. I think the player base isa there but un-utilised because the airframes are rendered redundant in the current set up.

Its testing, lets test it out. Nothing to lose. If doesnt work revert back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

A small question..Release AB-8B is coming ..Will it be added to the red side?

NO it will not for God's sake! Stop asking for modules to be on both sides. Blue can have it while Red will get the Mi-24P and with the Ka-50 Red surely doesn't need the Harrier. Blue will get the AH-1 and the F-4 in some years when out. Until then Red will be getting the MiG-23 maybe or anything else. This keeps things more interesting and gives us the chance to see how well or bad a module can affect the campaign. But if it's on both sides then it's just rubbish.

@ BuddySpike: Just like ///Rage said before we're still in the testing phase so please do consider the ideas of some of your avid participants. Whether it's adding ER's or DL or this or that etc.

NOTE: Just because some modules are flown by countries of other coalition in reallife doesn't mean we have to consider that here. Simply because we'd end up having almost every module on both sides. In fact that would give the Blue side more aircrafts since they have more allies in reality of whom many countires operate Russian weaponary. So please don't let that be the argument here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

It was just a question. Just my curiosity. I have the same opinion as you. I would also like to see A10 only blue and Su25 only red ..But I think adding AV8B only for blue would mean even more unbalanc ..

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

It was just a question. Just my curiosity. I have the same opinion as you. I would also like to see A10 only blue and Su25 only red ..But I think adding AV8B only for blue would mean even more unbalanc ..

Then please don't suggest such thing, buddy. It would only create the impression of having a big number of players who'd want to see that. And I did say in previous posts that having planes on both sides has never and wont fix the balance problem. The idea posted by many of giving the Flankers what they really need -> ER's is also in my opinion one great factor that even if unbalanced the Red team will still have a very good chance when outnumbered in the skies.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

ok some updates -

1. I'm an idiot as I fixed the restarter but didn't trigger it to work :D

2. updated some of the mission options which should enable for better FPS and more stability on the server side.

3. we will try to get the intercepts back in as we already have part of it ready for the Blue Flag Normandy. Will update later on.

4. We know the simple radio is not showing in the webmap, we will look into it.

ok some updates -

1. I'm an idiot as I fixed the restarter but didn't trigger it to work :D

2. updated some of the mission options which should enable for better FPS and more stability on the server side.

3. we will try to get the intercepts back in as we already have part of it ready for the Blue Flag Normandy. Will update later on.

4. We know the simple radio is not showing in the webmap, we will look into it.

Thanks a lot xcom. Much appreciated!

NO it will not for God's sake! Stop asking for modules to be on both sides. Blue can have it while Red will get the Mi-24P and with the Ka-50 Red surely doesn't need the Harrier. Blue will get the AH-1 and the F-4 in some years when out. Until then Red will be getting the MiG-23 maybe or anything else. This keeps things more interesting and gives us the chance to see how well or bad a module can affect the campaign. But if it's on both sides then it's just rubbish.

@ BuddySpike: Just like ///Rage said before we're still in the testing phase so please do consider the ideas of some of your avid participants. Whether it's adding ER's or DL or this or that etc.

NOTE: Just because some modules are flown by countries of other coalition in reallife doesn't mean we have to consider that here. Simply because we'd end up having almost every module on both sides. In fact that would give the Blue side more aircrafts since they have more allies in reality of whom many countires operate Russian weaponary. So please don't let that be the argument here.

Talking in absolutes, and acting like you're speaking for the BF team is kind of a crappy thing to do and I don't have a problem calling people out on it.

Second, how can you even say that the Harrier will just be on blue and then follow that up by saying the Hind will be a on red. The Hind does not even have a release date and could be years away for all we know. If you want to have a conversation about balance and things of that nature why doesn't everyone talk in the forums in a civilized manner instead of acting like they are the next Maverick or Goose and responding to people like they run the server.

If the ER is given to the Flanker for some reason I really think the Mirage should go blue only.

Yes, I would like separated air frames as much as the next guy, but one of the biggest problems in DCS I think is our lack or different air frames, the era gap between those frames, and the imbalance of weapons because of that era gap.

I'd be fine with have more unique planes on each side if we could switch sides whenever we want. Being locked out of flying certain aircraft for weeks on end is not acceptable for most.

I really miss flying the gazelle, but with so many numbers on blue I cant justify the switch. Every other A/C they have red has except F5 and F15. Making a 1 day timer on side switching would help but then a guy would be fighting himself when it comes to the capturing system.

Well, the server seems to be hung on a script error.

It's not possible to destroy any units!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Talking in absolutes, and acting like you're speaking for the BF team is kind of a crappy thing to do and I don't have a problem calling people out on it.

Second, how can you even say that the Harrier will just be on blue and then follow that up by saying the Hind will be a on red. The Hind does not even have a release date and could be years away for all we know. If you want to have a conversation about balance and things of that nature why doesn't everyone talk in the forums in a civilized manner instead of acting like they are the next Maverick or Goose and responding to people like they run the server.

If the ER is given to the Flanker for some reason I really think the Mirage should go blue only.

Yes, I would like separated air frames as much as the next guy, but one of the biggest problems in DCS I think is our lack or different air frames, the era gap between those frames, and the imbalance of weapons because of that era gap.

Just read my post. Yeah, it sounds like I'd act the part and kinda come off too. No harm was meant by that. Guess I just can't have it with more requests for planes being on both sides. I only mentioned the Hind, the F-4, the possible MiG-23 to only illustrate how the server should be like in the future every time a module arrives.

I agree on having the ER's back while giving Blue the Mirgae.

The reasons for imbalance as you have mentioned I can only underline.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Still crashing after a relativ short time period... :cry:

yup, server crashed and now it is up again.

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2