Thrustmaster Giveaway! From the 476th Podcast

Dojo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I don't really have space for it, another HOTAS would simply drive my wife nuts. As an added benefit, I could also use a simpler HOTAS for non-flight sims. It would be a double whammy of sorts :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hi ya.

I'd love to have the chance. I am teaching my 12yr daughter to become a pilot. I fly for a living but have never had her up. Arghh...biz jets don't really allow for it. Lol I have flown the C-101 with her on my x-55 but think this would be the perfect set up for more Aviojet flying. Will be amazing to be able to do some father daughter form and eventually some LIFT together.

So far she wants to be an 18 driver for the RCAF. Will be great fun to have played a small part in helping her learn to fly and cut her future fighter pilot teeth.

Merry Christmas 476th and all DCS drivers out there!!!!

Thank you for the opportunity! I'd like to win because my 8 year old is addicted to DCS, and this HOTAS would be greatly appreciated and treated kindly. I think the great Jim Mackonochie (RIP) would approve of his enthusiasm for DCS.

I've already built a nice setup, so I don't really deserve it. As I upgraded with newer gear though I would donate to the more needy. This would be no different as there is a young air cadet who has a passion for flight sims and a need for better gear.

I'd like to win as I've spent all my money on my PC, but my home made rudders didn't work properly, and my 10 year old HOTAS is starting to get a bit ropey :D

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Not that I did this to get any kind of reward - I just wanted DCS to be able to be enjoyed by more people (especially those like me who have no flight or sim experience) but I have written many tutorials that have been viewed and praised by 25,000 people :)

(http://steamcommunity.com/id/tomlobster/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides)

I'm not saying I deserve to win, but perhaps it'll convince me to write some more tutorials if I have an actual HOTAS to create them with :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

I'd like to have side-by-side flight sim setups for when friends come over.:pilotfly:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I deserve this thrustmaster because my old saitek cyborg evo is worn out and cant hold/return to center. i cant afford a new joystick/hotas any time soon.....thank you

Edited by Jigzaw

MB - Gigabyte Z97x UD3H....CPU - i5 4690k....Ram - Corsair Vengeance 8GB.... GPU - MSI 260x....PS - Corsair TX-650...Edifier 1280T Bookshelf Speakers....Windows 8.1

EXCUSES, EXCUSES

I need this HOTAS because I keep having my posterior handed to me by human and AI opponents alike and my (lame) excuse is that I'd be killing enemies by the bushel if only I had a decent stick because I obviously AM a great stick! :megalol: Putting this control setup in my hands will either make me the greatest online fighter jock ever, or (far more likely) force the humility that I so richly deserve upon me. Either way: win.

I deserve (I would rather not use the word deserve, but, if I must)

I deserve (I would rather not use the word deserve, but, if I must). I am a disabled U.S.A.F. Veteran, with incurable necrotizing pancreatitis, I mostly do things inside the home, because outside hobbies are impossible from being sick. I got sick from chemicals in the USAF, e.i. jet fuel, fuels, and chemicals. My old Saitek gear is worn out and cannot afford a new flight stick, and want anew HOTAS bad. I can fly IL-2 ok, as the joystick works ok there, but in DCS, the old Saitek Stick just fumbles the keystrokes. Until the VA gets to my appeal, 20 years in the process of appeals, hospitalizations, etc, I don't have the cash for a new flight stick setup. PLus, it is cold and raining or snowing so I am inside mostly, and flying what I can, health permitting. I fly with my squad (AKA Wardogs, since about 1997.)

Thanx.

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR