Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

Mr_sukebe, did you get the extension set?

No. With my cockpit setup, I have to side mount, which precludes from using an extension.

Another point that I didn’t mention is that the T50 requires less physical deflection than the Fighterstick. You’d think that this may result in precision flying being more difficult. The reality is that the gimball decision easily overcomes that.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my T-50 is currently in transit - hoping to get it before the weekend :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

my T-50 is currently in transit - hoping to get it before the weekend :)

:thumbup:

Congrats, excellent choice!

I will say I have had my Virpil setup now for about 8-9 months. And I use it, I mean really use it. Not just a weekend thing, but mostly every day. I am talking many hours in the course of a week. One of the luxuries of now being retired.

This thing is just so solid and smooth, it truly is incredible. And I love the feel when I wrap my hand around my center mounted stick and head off for some great combat. No question my gunnery skills improved over what I was doing with my Warthog.

And the support from these guys, from what I can tell pretty much blows any others out of the water in that department. Yeah it is nice to never need support, but also this stick I have was their first offering and being a smaller boutique mfg easy to have some growing pains at first. I managed to break my flip down trigger after several months of heavy use, contacted support and had a replacement in couple of weeks. I will try to be more gentle with it now too.

In any event, I would encourage anyone wanting to invest in a better quality stick with all metal gimbal system, Virpil is definitely the way to go.

Just be aware the T-50 which is a premium gimbal, is designed to be center mounted to desk. Their mounting bracket handles this very nicely, along with extension kit.

For desktop users, the upcoming WarBRD would be an option.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just got my T50 base/Stick and I love it. I would like to map the pinky lever as 'Target undesignate/NWS' for the AV8B but for some reason, it doesn't work in this capacity, it either sticks on or doesn't work at all. I'm assuming it's because the axis is setup as digital. How can I make it analog?

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

I just got my T50 base/Stick and I love it. I would like to map the pinky lever as 'Target undesignate/NWS' for the AV8B but for some reason, it doesn't work in this capacity, it either sticks on or doesn't work at all. I'm assuming it's because the axis is setup as digital. How can I make it analog?
I heard that if you calibrate your stick using Windows it can mess up the calibration/function of the lever since windows detects a button press half way through and thinks it's done traveling when really it should be pressed all the way in and still be able to function as an input. Did you use the virpil software to calibrate?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Got it thanks. Now if I can only get it working again. Seems that in playing around with the virpil configuration software, I've gone and bricked the thing. Completely dead after just 2 hours of use. Put in a ticket to virpil, hopefully they respond soon. The thing was amazing for the 2 hours that it worked.

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

Got it thanks. Now if I can only get it working again. Seems that in playing around with the virpil configuration software, I've gone and bricked the thing. Completely dead after just 2 hours of use. Put in a ticket to virpil, hopefully they respond soon. The thing was amazing for the 2 hours that it worked.

You might also try sending an email to support@virpil.com

I believe Cyph3er here on the forums gets copied on those and he can be very helpful as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I heard that if you calibrate your stick using Windows it can mess up the calibration/function of the lever since windows detects a button press half way through and thinks it's done traveling when really it should be pressed all the way in and still be able to function as an input. Did you use the virpil software to calibrate?

I don't have my T50 plugged in at the mo, but I'm sure I got around this problem. I think I held the lever in BEFORE getting to the brake calibration bit.

Hi guys,

Finally saved enough and I’m upgrading from a T16000m to the Virpil T-50, desk mount and extension! Also ordered the VKB pedals as I got fed up with the thrust master pedals (good for the money as VERY basic pedals but not a fan.) can anyone tell me if I need to calibrate the stick when I first use it or is it plug and play? Also can anyone give me a rough estimate on the delivery time? Sorry if this had already been asked.

Can’t wait to receive them!

Cheers guys.

Mine just worked out of the box

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Hi guys,

Finally saved enough and I’m upgrading from a T16000m to the Virpil T-50, desk mount and extension! Also ordered the VKB pedals as I got fed up with the thrust master pedals (good for the money as VERY basic pedals but not a fan.) can anyone tell me if I need to calibrate the stick when I first use it or is it plug and play? Also can anyone give me a rough estimate on the delivery time? Sorry if this had already been asked.

Cheers guys.

You should d/l and run the Virpil calibration tool. Mine took about a month to arrive in the UK.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Hi guys,

Cheers guys.

Congrats, you will love the T-50!

It will likely come already calibrated fine for you, if you find you want to though, whatever you do DO NOT calibrate in Windows. Ever. It will mess up your brake axis lever as there is also a button press early on in it's travel and the calibration will stop there.

Download the software from Virpil and very carefully follow the calibration instructions.

Don B

Question for Virpil.

The extension kits that are available are all straight.

Do you plan to introduce a curved extension, say around 20cm long (which might well be similar in length to that of one of your competitors)?

Hi guys, just a quick question, to clear a doubt I (still) have.

The WarBRD base will be the new standard going forward, replacing the T-50 base? Or is it a diferent product, more oriented towards desktop use?

I'm asking this (after having pre-order it...) because I already have the desk mount and the extensions and am now looking to replace the Warthog base. But now I'm slightly worried about the WarBRD, because of it's compact size, not being able to operate properly, due to the weight of the 15 cm extension.

Should I keep the pre-order, or should I opt instead for the Mongoost T-50 base?

Any help is very much welcomed!

Piri

The WarBRD base will be the new standard going forward, replacing the T-50 base? Or is it a diferent product, more oriented towards desktop use?

I'm asking this (after having pre-order it...) because I already have the desk mount and the extensions and am now looking to replace the Warthog base. But now I'm slightly worried about the WarBRD, because of it's compact size, not being able to operate properly, due to the weight of the 15 cm extension.

Should I keep the pre-order, or should I opt instead for the Mongoost T-50 base?

Piri

The grip connector is the same in both bases (MongoosT-50 and WarBRD).

If you want to use extensions, then get the MongoosT-50 base.

WarBRD base should not be used with extensions. And, unlike the MongoosT-50 base, WarBRD base can be used on a desktop. But also can still be installed on a mount.

One is not replacing the other. They are designed for different use scenarios.

Piri

As Seb71 mentioned, no one is not replacing the other.

If you want to mount the stick and use extensions, you absolutely want to get the T-50.

WarBRD is desktop only, a less expensive alternative to the T-50.

Btw the T-50 mounted with the extensions is a great setup.

Don B

Update on my problem with vibrations and roughness on fast movements.

I can't fly in this period so I contacted support about it and they asked if I have tried the cams they have sent me later (assuming I have already reported the issue). I decided to mount one of the other pairs of cams and do some tests. I dreaded this moment, my base is old (SN ~200) and I know some people had issues with the screws. Guess what, I have stripped one. For all of them I have used the same procedure: pre-heat with a soldering iron the slowly but firmly unscrew.

The 2 screws holding the vertical axis came out fairly easily although damaged (the amount of thread lock though – see pic). Problems came with the horizontal axis, I knew that being screwed into a bigger body of metal made heating difficult, I didn't expect to irremediably damage the last screw. The third screw came fairly easily: it looks very different from the other tree and wasn't damaged during the process (see pic). I tried then to get the damaged screw with an extractor but it broke. On the last pic you see the amount of thread lock still stuck on the cam itself.

I have updated support but no answers in 5 days. I wrote Cyph3r and hopefully someone will come out with a solution asap. I know they are busy but receiving the throttle I have pre-ordered without being able to fly will definitely sucks :noexpression:

DSC_0757.thumb.JPG.73550754a9ff2d4c07fb23cae2275de3.JPG

DSC_0761.thumb.JPG.f5158d939d061308969ff000e8da2f16.JPG

DSC_0763.thumb.JPG.4e60520c071811b5d9901b5b1c9448a8.JPG

DSC_0764.thumb.JPG.c5f4281a7ae5b77439d72d7d751a21f3.JPG

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

snip

I have updated support but no answers in 5 days. I wrote Cyph3r and hopefully someone will come out with a solution asap. I know they are busy but receiving the throttle I have pre-ordered without being able to fly will definitely sucks :noexpression:

I can totally relate and feel your pain. My first gimbal was like serial number 032, and I totally destroyed it trying to get those dang cam screws out.

Have now logged many many hours in the gimbal I got to replace it.

I sure hope they have resolved the cam screw issues now.

Hang in there, Cyph3r in my experiences has been very good and helpful, hopefully you will hear from him soon.

If you have not, probably best way to contact him is to email support@virpil.com.

Don B

Yep, I remember your posts when you had that problem and hopefully the solution will allow me to enjoy this great base again. To be completely honest I even thought about you before starting the unscrewing operations :D

I had a different problem a few months ago (sensor dead), they verified it via Skype and Teamviewer and eventually shipped me a new pair of sensors.

I guess they are busy with orders and with the wider clientele although I have opened the ticket on May 12, it's almost two weeks ago.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

Yep, I remember your posts when you had that problem and hopefully the solution will allow me to enjoy this great base again. To be completely honest I even thought about you before starting the unscrewing operations :D

I had a different problem a few months ago (sensor dead), they verified it via Skype and Teamviewer and eventually shipped me a new pair of sensors.

I guess they are busy with orders and with the wider clientele although I have opened the ticket on May 12, it's almost two weeks ago.

That is too long. Hopefully he will see this thread soon.

You might also try sending him a PM marked urgent .

The ole " squeaky wheel " analogy.

Edited by dburne

Don B