DCS: AJS-37 Viggen - Interdiction

grunf

Does this work in Multiplayer as well, I.E. when you enter all waypoints, etc in the cockpit?

Only the mission profile as set in the mission editor unfortunately (at the moment at least).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

You know, for flights, music isn't required.

But if you go with music, you can't go wrong with BSG. Great choice. :)

Great video. Viggen is going to be an intense aircraft to fly in interdictions.

It also helps when the music is set at a vey low volume. :-)

I just love how cinematic/immersive the cockpit feels. The flow of the radar..the light gleaming off the cockpit panels is just incredible. Is this a function of the new PBR in DCS? or this is a new feature of the Viggen and future aircraft? Do the lights in older aircraft models need to be updated to have that dynamic light effects?? Not to mention that reflection/glare on the HUD combiner is amazing. I have seen that kind of glare/reflection in pictures/videos of real aircraft. Nice to see that look so amazing and realistic. Great job Leatherneck. Love you guys. Your attention to detail is just incredible.

Can't wait to get into the cockpit. The first DCS module that I preordered in a long time. The F5E is nice, but this just looks at another level.

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Just the word interdictor sends shivers down my spine.

Decapitation is the other word that does it for me!

Clean surgical strike. one pass one try.

Intelligent man in a machine full of raw data.... lovely... it is nice to be home.

Who would have thunk we got such a machine in this day and age!

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Possibly the best wags vid so far!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Possibly the best wags vid so far!

Oh yes, and I like Wags' mindset while flying - at least I think I hear his mindset - well focused and dedicated to the task at hand. Same in the live stream they just did.

I start to think he's a simmer of my kind so my picture of Wags from a strict producer has moved up alot these last days (he's probably always been but it is new to me).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Can't hear the Commentary

Am I the only one who cannot hear the commentary. Whilst the background music is nice it does overpower the important commentary. The quality of all the vids are great and appreciated for all the time and effort that has been put into them so it seems a shame to lose this important information. I think its time to go get my hearing aids :helpsmilie:

There are old Pilots and there are Bold Pilots.....but there are no Old Bold Pilots :pilotfly:

This is a great video! It reminds of a (I think now deleted) BMS video with two multiplayer European pilots flying an Op OPERA style interdiction mission against a middle-eastern power plant target, and also the Hanoi bombing scene in Flight of the Intruder (see below).

It's nice to see such a professional video that really makes you appreciate not only the quality of the aircraft but the skill of the pilot (didn't know you had it in you Wags! :lol:). We trust that the bombs came off the rack, but if they didn't, and you feel bad, check out 4:20-50 in the video below (it happens :thumbup:).

This is a great video! It reminds of a (I think now deleted) BMS video with two multiplayer European pilots flying an Op OPERA style interdiction mission against a middle-eastern power plant target

I think the video you're thinking of is this one?

And yes, the Viggen video was quite good, and gave a good preview of the atmosphere we could expect. :)

• Like 1

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I think the video you're thinking of is this one?

And yes, the Viggen video was quite good, and gave a good preview of the atmosphere we could expect. :)

Oh my god Sporg - that's it!

After I watched it a year ago I couldn't find it (I'm not sure why). I am genuinely blown away that you posted that after my comment! Wowza...

Oh my god Sporg - that's it!

After I watched it a year ago I couldn't find it (I'm not sure why). I am genuinely blown away that you posted that after my comment! Wowza...

You're welcome. :)

I'm in a flight sim group where the one guy is a member and your description of their video sounded familiar.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 11 months later...
Everytime someone flies our aircraft it feels like Christmas Eve. :)

Awesome video!

You literally made me invest in a +2000€ computer and VR equipment solely to be able to buy and play this awesome aircraft and simulation.

Haven't regretted it one second! :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index