RAZBAM MiG-19

OverStratos

What sort of mud moving capabilities will the Farmer have? Does the radar have any sort of A-G ranging mode, or is it gonna be a fixed sight like the F-5? (I expect the latter)

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to variants according to wikipedia, P carries 2x23mm or 2x30mm, and S carried 3x30mm with 2 hardpoints? Both have radar, for gun ranging only or capable of detecting targets as well?

Is this correct or were there more relevant differences?

Yea the S only has a radar ranging unit for the gunsight ( kinda like the F86F sabre)

The Mig19P does actually have a search radar. The Rp1 Izumrud. however it is really short ranged. Only about 10km distance, and its only usefull at or above 3000m , without getting interference from the ground. Some late model P's also had R3 IR missile capability, which is why im guessing the Mig19P is probably the ideal Farmer to go for, and why they chose it.

What sort of mud moving capabilities will the Farmer have? Does the radar have any sort of A-G ranging mode, or is it gonna be a fixed sight like the F-5? (I expect the latter)

It has no A/G mapping or even ranging AFAIK. Itl require manual bombing/ sight depression similar like the F5E. that aside while the Mig19 can lug some bombs or rocket pods. its not a bomb truck like the F5

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Guys do you realize, that MiG-19S will be pure gunfighter without IR missiles right? Razbam doing MiG-19 not Shenyang J-6 ( from radarless aircrafts only chinese copies had IR AAM's ). So aircraft with missiles is MiG-19P, gunfigher is MiG-19S. Personaly I wanna both.:thumbup:

I concur with the sentiment of wanting both :D.

If all that differ between two are armament, nose section, and radar in cockpit, I think and hope that both can be included.

One thing to consider is, back when the MiG-19 was a thing, IR missiles totally sucked for dogfights against people who are actively trying not to get killed. So I think this will be more of a gunfighter anyway, therefore I don't think a gunless version such as PM alone would be the greatest option.

If a single variant will be done, I agree that the P would be the best option, if both P and S can be done, that'd would be pretty great!

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

AFAIK the Albanian birds were chinese F-6, not Soviet MiG-19, that can be some kind of rocket.

BTW Hope they decide to do BOTH versions, as radarless variants will be more suited for Vietnam and Pakistan.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Original Soviet MiG-19/MiG-19S have the same capability, up to 4 launchers. Only difference is that early aircrafts had weapon pylon located deep under wing right before landing flap, late MiG-19S ( sometimes called MiG-19SF ) had weapon pylon moved forward like on the photo. Chinese J-6 was copy of those late MiG-19SF.

Original Soviet MiG-19/MiG-19S have the same capability, up to 4 launchers. Only difference is that early aircrafts had weapon pylon located deep under wing right before landing flap, late MiG-19S ( sometimes called MiG-19SF ) had weapon pylon moved forward like on the photo. Chinese J-6 was copy of those late MiG-19SF.

Thank you very much for all these info foxbat :thumbup:...:smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Always loved the looks of the MiG-19, it's sleek with the high swept wings, but also kinda rugged with the wider fuselage in comparison to the single engine MiGs, also how it sits on the ground.

cd008917ff47cbcb3f14c8f18551e8e0.jpg

373b1f82db29507d286ffc442d00194d.jpg

26024139173_9b01b48a9b_b.jpg

I would describe it as beautiful and brutal, perfect for a combat plane :thumbup:

I know they are J-6s but couldn't find many good quality images from actual MiG-19s in good conditions :(