DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

I haven't fired up the new update yet but are we getting any FPS back comparable to 2.5.5 for VR? I haven't been playing much since I can no longer maintain a minimum of 45fps.

Processor: i7-8700K CPU @ 5.1GHz (OC)

Memory: 16384MB RAM DDR 4266

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI FE

VR: PiMax 5K+

HDD: Samsung SSD 960 EVO

HDD: WD SSD WDS100T2B0A-00SM50

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my limited testing, performance remains suboptimal. Unchanged from the previous OB.

You omitted his entire statement:

primary focus of this update is on 2.5.6 performance and stability, particularly on network play.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Why can't we just revert to 2.5.5 and go from there and let 2.5.6 cook some more in the background? I feel like all the modules and DCS MP itself will be held back for months because of the whole 2.5.6 disaster. Considering all 3rd parties pay 50% of their income to ED it's a pretty harsh slap in the face, as well as for the community.

The current performance and lighting (it looks way worse and more fake than before) is just not acceptable for such a long period of time in my opinion.

You omitted his entire statement

No, I didn't. I just omitted a part of it. My observation was only wrt performance, hence my selective quote.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Why can't we just revert to 2.5.5 and go from there and let 2.5.6 cook some more in the background? I feel like all the modules and DCS MP itself will be held back for months because of the whole 2.5.6 disaster. Considering all 3rd parties pay 50% of their income to ED it's a pretty harsh slap in the face, as well as for the community.

The current performance and lighting (it looks way worse and more fake than before) is just not acceptable for such a long period of time in my opinion.

You can.

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

cannot download newest update due to this reoccuring error: 00634.038 ERROR: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\bin/World.dll: (5) Access is denied.

removed openbeta program and downloaded fresh with the same result, it seems a file is missing, anyone else?

• ED Team

Yes the stable version is there, open beta is a public test version and there will be ups and downs during development, we use the user reports and feedback to help us and we are grateful for that.

If the testing build is not suitable for you and would prefer less disruption then stable version is the better option.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
cannot download newest update due to this reoccuring error: 00634.038 ERROR: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\bin/World.dll: (5) Access is denied.

removed openbeta program and downloaded fresh with the same result, it seems a file is missing, anyone else?

Hi

Please check your antivirus there has been some issues with false positives.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
The changelog still reflects the latest stable version as 2.5.5 from December last year. Do you know when the stable 2.5.6 will be released, with supercarrier access I assume?

It will depend on 2.5.6 and the current testing and fixes. When we are happy it is ready for stable will will let everyone know.

thanks

Come on, carrier ops are still bugged.

:doh:

I guess it's time to shelve this game until summer. Maybe it then works since it takes months to make it somewhat playable after supercarrier release.

Edited by Blinde

Teams are working on the viper and hornet and we will have feature news soon, however we did not want to introduce new features until 2.5.6 is more stable.

thanks

Stability is not everything. Please return back the performance fps level of 2.5.5. Beta is unplayable. Stable version would be at least the same fps level of previos branch.

and poerformance

And patches that don't trigger the anti virus.

The file G:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World open Beta\bin\World.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.768621 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

And patches that don't trigger the anti virus.

Actually I think that the crashes and the AV things are likely related. If the file is quarantined, and the sim needs it, it won't be able to get it and it crashes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

How about cat 3 & 4? Do they still fire you straight up when you hit the U key?

Boy am I glad I switched from Naval Air to the JF17 recently.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Come on, carrier ops are still bugged.

:doh:

I guess it's time to shelve this game until summer. Maybe it then works since it takes months to make it somewhat playable after supercarrier release.

Don't shelve, but roll back to stable or the last 2.5.5 open beta.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

When you have ED forums open in your second monitor and press refresh every ten minutes.

#JustWednesdayThings

I remember times back in the day when it was possible to auto reload tabs on Firefox. And even IE6 (CrazyBrowser or Maxthon for that matter... dark times, but back then, there were options - nobody knows what that is today!)...

by the way, nice to see an option to keep the music running (got a good portion of the Tomcat OST there) when having tabbed out of DCS twilightsmile.png

What threats? Pikey just wrote what he feels after countless work on Moose that is broken as hell now cos of changes and long lasting/new bugs after 2.5.6. Nobody listen from ED to Moose devs wishes to fix and bug reports.

My dynamic campaign Moose project is pile of rubbish now. I have very same feelings.

I didn't understand what Pikey was talking about in the first place, thought it was the usual performance issues things. But this is very massive. I know ED can't openly support 3rd party things, but I bet they know these things exist and how important they are to the community. I was overwhelmed by just a short glimpse at what Moose can do, simply amazing. Breaking that by changing vital API functions followed by the lack of communication is literally a punch to their faces. I mean, I see something similar with the recent sound folder structure changes. It's still possible to mod though via the SG folder, but just because we still know the file names that have to be replaced from former versions...

So once again, nothing for the hornet.

I get the slight feeling that it might get very hard to meet the "We'll release both F-16 and F/A-18 out of EA" thing... but I guess that's just me rainbowdashwink.png

Heya, after update...266, virus alert again

So Corona has arrived at DCS? That's one nasty ... rdlaugh.png

SCNR icon_redface.gif

Just stop using Kaspersky, Norton and other "useful" pieces of software that just draw money out of your pockets... as a side benefit, you'll have more funds for DCS modules cheerilee.png

And trust me, get out of the habit of playing DCS daily and it is not like riding a bike!

To be fair, what's the actual difference? I tried after like 20 years of not having done it and had to relearn it all over again...

;4234847']There were much bigger priorities for the team than adding new features to the Hornet guys' date=' get with the programme![/quote']

And I hope they dealt with those successfully (no doubt they're working on it). Because they'd never admit having had serious performance issues on the patch notes (sth. like "fixed rendering perfomance issues seen on some user hardware"), and this is by far not the first time we see the framerates down in the drink (just for those who can't remember: The F-14 release update dropped the frames by 50+% for some and it "magically" got fixed over half a year later, completely unmentioned in the fix notes - just as a note for the random "Then don't use OB!" caller). It's always like opening up another Kinder Surprise on DCS Patch Day. You never actually know what you'll get until you see it yourself. And it might take some tries to get the 7th one...

From my limited testing, performance remains suboptimal. Unchanged from the previous OB.

Doesn't make me too optimistic now... well, still waiting for the update to do just that. Enough time for binging the forums, as always dealwithit.png

I'm confident though... and performance issues have been worse in the past. Still having nightmares of 1.2.2. DCS literally wouldn't run for years (except for if you'd call having single digit fps as opposed to 60+ before a patch still running) and I had to wait until 2.5... maybe I'm just too patient pinkiepieexcited.png

I'll just to training flights (you simply can't do enough AAR, carrier landings or whatever) and no grande action if I'm still down below 30 and see if I spot some other issues to report.

Thanks for the update!

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg