Hornet Hype thread. Videos, Pictures, Books, Articles. Build that hype.

Ocelotunit

PBC Pitching Deck video's

I don’t think these two 10-minute videos have been posted yet. I ran through this thread’s 20 pages and didn’t see them (also searched on “Pitching Deck” and the associated URL’s to also search. Anyway, Part 1 almost made me seasick and started to give me the “willies” as the landings just weren’t coming off!

Part 2 is really nerve racking when the darkness closed in and there was one BOLTING F-18 after another. And the carrier was adding to the crowd by the need to launch other F-18’s to refuel those attempting to land. The slamming Hornets and trailing spark showers can give you shivers.

I wonder if the carrier module that should eventually accompany the F-18 module will have a pitching deck option?

PBS Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 1.mp4

PBS Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 2.mp4

• Like 1

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing video!

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I don’t think these two 10-minute videos have been posted yet. I ran through this thread’s 20 pages and didn’t see them (also searched on “Pitching Deck” and the associated URL’s to also search. Anyway, Part 1 almost made me seasick and started to give me the “willies” as the landings just weren’t coming off!

Part 2 is really nerve racking when the darkness closed in and there was one BOLTING F-18 after another. And the carrier was adding to the crowd by the need to launch other F-18’s to refuel those attempting to land. The slamming Hornets and trailing spark showers can give you shivers.

I wonder if the carrier module that should eventually accompany the F-18 module will have a pitching deck option?

PBS Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 1.mp4

PBS Carrier - Landing on a Pitching Deck Pt. 2.mp4

"Trick-or-Treat!" :megalol:

I remember carrier landings at night with bad weather and pitching decks in Janes F18... that was "fun"

of course, any night carrier landing with DS in 2.5OB would be challenging too :music_whistling:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

Seriously, the hype train just went to plaid!

Nice work WAGS.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

(...)

Seriously, the hype train just went to plaid!

Nice work WAGS.

'Gimp

Really nice vid, though I really dislike the post-added sounds. If I'm seeing in-game footage I want to hear in-game footage. Strikes me up the same alley as "In-engine footage" does for all those triple A games that look like shite on release.

Edited by Lithion
Edited out the yt vid to save thread space..

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

Really nice vid, though I really dislike the post-added sounds. If I'm seeing in-game footage I want to hear in-game footage. Strikes me up the same alley as "In-engine footage" does for all those triple A games that look like shite on release.

+1, I also dont like when they add real sounds to the videos, even if they use a disclaimer...

Take a look at my MODS here

After watching it I thought the same about the sound. But then I thought I will spend 99% of the time inside the cockpit and enjoy the simulation and I won’t watch it flying by all the time. So not having exactly that soll nd is totally acceptable for me. I certainly prefer ED to spend their precious ressources on a proper representation of the flight dynamics, systems and weapon systems.

But again, I totally understand why some folks would have prefer true in game sound.

After watching it I thought the same about the sound. But then I thought I will spend 99% of the time inside the cockpit and enjoy the simulation and I won’t watch it flying by all the time. So not having exactly that soll nd is totally acceptable for me. I certainly prefer ED to spend their precious ressources on a proper representation of the flight dynamics, systems and weapon systems.

But again, I totally understand why some folks would have prefer true in game sound.

To be fair on the resources bit, they have dedicated folks making these videos now. Though I'd really like to be able to buzz my friends over the airfield with epic sounds, I was just worried this might give the wrong idea.

Also, they have plans in the works for giving Combined Arms more attention, and external sounds might just get a whole lot more relevant then. :D

It was great to see the Hornet finally performing some advanced maneuvers but I was disappointed as well with the editing of the sound. I have yet to pre-purchase the Hornet and before doing so, I want to know exactly what I am going to get before spending money. I feel bad for those who are less informed or miss the disclaimer at the beginning and view the video on social media and think it's what they will get in game.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I have yet to pre-purchase the Hornet and before doing so, I want to know exactly what I am going to get before spending money.

As said in the Weapons/Sensor list, if you want a complete product and you want to know 100% what you get, you'd have to wait till after Early Access.

As for sound, we have

video of the actual in-game sound for the Hornet.

It was great to see the Hornet finally performing some advanced maneuvers but I was disappointed as well with the editing of the sound. I have yet to pre-purchase the Hornet and before doing so, I want to know exactly what I am going to get before spending money. I feel bad for those who are less informed or miss the disclaimer at the beginning and view the video on social media and think it's what they will get in game.

Well that's what happens when people don't read disclaimers. That's on them.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

That was a real bummer with the sound. Now I feel like I know what I can’t have.

I'm not like, that concerned about exterior flight sounds. They definitely nailed the "in cockpit" sound which is truly amazing. So im not bummed about them using real hornet pre recorded sounds. Although I do see your point of view.

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

IMHO ED has done ok with sounds. I would never forgo buying the F18 or any other premier ED aircraft based on WIP sounds. This IS a simulation after all. That said, I do expect continuous improvements over time. If not, the lack of perfection would not stop me from buying and enjoying the birds of the best Sim around.

Edited by MegOhm_SD
I hate typos! Stupid smart phone!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

That is how the FB video starts...

VIDEO.jpg.8969b75d1ff787613f7ed43eb0fc9b6d.jpg

Agree with the last 3 posts. If you want to know EXACTLY what you will get before you buy then you better read EXACTLY what the disclaimer says.

Also, this is just one of many official videos and in many of the other ones you do hear in game sounds. And again, it‘s WIP anyway...

Another great article from The Warzone this time about the F/A-18C's future in the USN and USMC! http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/19040/navy-to-slash-legacy-f-a-18-hornet-fleet-to-prop-up-beleaguered-usmc-squadrons

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Of course, the use of real life sounds in the videos is just a detail guys, not anything important by any means...now that I have more time to write, let me say that the video is one of the best I have seen in DCS showing a WiP stuff :thumbup:...in fact, for someone like most of you that have watched tons of videos and gone to airshows and such, its obvious from the video that the FM is already nailed and a step forward over the rest we have now...just comparing it to what, for me at least, is one of the best F-18 display videos I have ever seen (among other things, because of the distance and angle of the filming) its pretty much perfect so great job...

For me FM is the most important thing in a flight sim, and what makes me fly in DCS, as there it's where I think DCS shines the most (systems are also extremely good of course).

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here