After the Tomcat?

carss

Check halfway through the first post :

"At the moment we are going to be shelving the tornado project until further notice. We'll be starting a new aircraft that people have also shown interest in and it will be announced soon. Sorry to disappoint you all that have been looking forward to the tornado but there are factors that complicate it for newer teams like ours to develop. Thanks again to everyone for the support and we will see you all soon!!

Thanks for pointing that out. But by this last comment it looks like they still would like to continue the Tornado project later on when things look more feasible.

"join the discord we are still thinking about it but atm we have already started developing a new jet that is awesome and is one that many people want we still might do the tornado just at a later stage thumbup.gif thanks for the support"

For those of you interested in the Tornado GR4 Check this thread of someone that is trying to develop one and is seeking coders or any other help someone can lend. So as of now this is the best and only way the Tornado will come to DCS for the foreseeable future.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221698

Thanks but as much as some of us would like to see a Tornado I hope it does not come as a Mod, Why?, you can't use it on public MP servers and most times its never done the way it should be or the dev's give up.

Love A4 mod but it ED will never let it go past SP mode so for players who play on MP servers you can see the issue.

If it has to be an attack aircraft from Britain, why not the Sepecat Jaguar?

jaguar-solo_1024.jpg

I've seen this already, aircraft with payload above the wings... although an ingenious solution, it always feels awkward looking at it.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I've seen this already, aircraft with payload above the wings... although an ingenious solution, it always feels awkward looking at it.

Overwing on a Harrier? :shocking:

Reminds me of the English Electric Lightning.

No doubt these have been posted before, but here they are again...

eng_elec_ltng.jpg

2e815308795789e47960c61e73e2b0ee.jpg

That's the beauty of it ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

The Jag would be a sexy little aircraft to include in DCS, but I doubt HB would do it given that part of the team are Viggen fanatics and the Jag beat the Viggen for orders to India, so they might be salty about that XD

Well if we got Indian Jags then we'd be looking at quite the beast. They had 1100lbs more thrust per engine, I wonder how that would compare :D

If only we could include the DARIN III upgrade ;) even though it's not even in the real aircraft yet but that upgrade has more powerful Honeywell engines and an AESA radar too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

*ahem*

http://www.collectair.co.uk/pdf/interview-hr.pdf

The Viggen has nothing to prove to Jaguar fans ;)

Interesting read about their experiences with Viggen :lol::thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

A Tornado certainly would be cool, but it would also be yet another Blue aircraft.

What we need is Red aircraft, therefore MiG-29A.

A RED aircraft for CAS would be nice

So on, ED to give a Heatblur to do a second set of one of the three, Su-25A, Su-25T or Su-27 in full fidelity... If the Razbam does the Mig-23, then they must do the Su-27 as well, and that would leave Su-25SM option for Heatblur ;)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The F-14 is an Incredible module. you have really pushed ED's Engine to its very limits!

Well done Heatblur and well done ED!

A truly break through product!

Surely the tornado must be next!

It is very similar to the tomcat but is a low level interdictor, it will build on the jester system perfectly but offer a horribly efficient and versatile machine that can disable enemy assets real quiet and well behind enemy lines.

It would be the natural end of the blood line for your Viggen!

Apart from that..... an attack chopper must be in the list.... It must be!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

Strike Eagle! A modern jet with incredible performance with a WSO too. Milviz made an excellent one for Flight Sim and maybe it would be a somewhat easy move over to DCS. Of course for DCS they would have to really push the envelope of even more detail but I think it would be quite an aircraft. A much more modern aircraft than the Tomcat.

Strike Eagle! A modern jet with incredible performance with a WSO too. Milviz made an excellent one for Flight Sim and maybe it would be a somewhat easy move over to DCS. Of course for DCS they would have to really push the envelope of even more detail but I think it would be quite an aircraft. A much more modern aircraft than the Tomcat.

Razbam is doing an f15e

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Meta Quest Pro 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

yeah,

I think we gotta sit back and look at this as a whole.

As mentioned before, we are desperate for modern RED airframes and after all DCS is a global platform.

We have a real funny balance at the moment, Most jet fighters are blue or American,

Is there any study sim Russian fighter airframes in DCS? The mig 21 and?

Is there any study sim Russian ground attack aircraft in DCS?

And then we have the choppers;

Here it is completely lacking; the KA-50 is almost there but no intelligent army would allow this expensive airframe into the battle field as it lacks ability to defend itself against radar! The Gazelle is more fully formed as an attack chopper but it is a light weight!

In the chopper community we are gagging for an advanced American attack chopper even though there is nothing really there for the reds!

So there is my rant.

For jets.... RED!

For choppers.... anything you can spare guv, got kids to feed!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

Although the Tornado would be good.

The MiG-25 would be ideal really.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This (+ a Baltic sea map)

I feel kind of wet now, with this combo in my mind. :music_whistling:

Love the early MFG skins!

21-1.jpg

If it has to be red then a SU-24.....

At least kind of a Tornado alternative on the Red side. Really like this one as well.

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman