DCS and Pimax

Wags

...Topic here is DCS and Pimax, let's stick to it...
Exactly!

"Bleeding the Air out" of this thread with polemics is distracting away from the important tasks & exhausting the expected efficiency, like the technical problem I've addressed in vain above for the second time in this thread.

Has anyone successfully combined his Pimax with TrackIR?

I'll be really thankful for a solution.

Thanks

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

If the PiMax 3DOF is indeed extendable with the extra X,Y,Z DOF "pingpongball" softwares, can you please explain why this 3DOF PiMax combination (Pitch, Roll, Yaw) is not working with the (X,Y,Z) DOF of TrackIR?

I've already posted here a pledge on this topic #520, but unfortunately, I did not receive an answer yet. I'll be really thankful for a prompt reply...

Simply because you do not mix in steamVR tracking of helmet and tracking of trackir.

You have to a solution like driver4VR to inject in steamVR the tracking of another source than the HMD, like PSMOVE or kinect solution.

You should have a look, because freePie is compatible with trackIR and driver4VR can use freePie as an input. I did not try it because I'm using PSMOVE or Kinect, so I can not tell you if it's working well and how exactly to do that.

With PSMOVE you have PSMOVE server + PSMOVEfreePie + FreePie to give X,Y,Z pos. and driver4vr to get X,Y,Z pos from FreePie and mix it with the X,Y,Z rot of the PIMAX.

You may try TrackIR + freePie and driver4VR...

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Simply because you do not mix in steamVR tracking of helmet and tracking of trackir. You have to a solution like driver4VR to inject in steamVR the tracking of another source than the HMD, like PSMOVE or kinect solution. You should have a look, because freePie is compatible with trackIR and driver4VR can use freePie as an input. I did not try it because I'm using PSMOVE or Kinect, so I can not tell you if it's working well and how exactly to do that. With PSMOVE you have PSMOVE server + PSMOVEfreePie + FreePie to give X,Y,Z pos. and driver4vr to get X,Y,Z pos from FreePie and mix it with the X,Y,Z rot of the PIMAX.

You may try TrackIR + freePie and driver4VR...

A lot of input to be checked out. :book:

Sounds very promising!

Merci beaucoup LeFuneste!

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Waiting for Pimax 8K I've already fallen in love with the 4K models I have. It is a pity that the film can not be handed over in how cool everything can be seen through it.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

I probably picked it up in a corny movie or something, but I'm glad you decoded the slang.

lol, I’ve been flying for 23 years and have never heard that either

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

If the PiMax 3DOF is indeed extendable with the extra X, Y, Z DOF "ping pong ball" software, can you please explain why this 3DOF PiMax combination (Pitch, Roll, Yaw) is not working with the (X, Y, Z) DOF of TrackIR?

I've already posted here a pledge on this topic #520, but unfortunately, I did not receive an answer yet. I'll be really thankful for a prompt reply...

i know of the PSMOVE setup but it require more purchases. i have a trackir so hopefully we can sort out a solution tongue.gif

Exactly. I cover this topic multiple times on this forum. I'll be short and Google is your best friend.

True Pimax4K gyro you covering Roll Pitch and Yaw. LED inside ping pong ball is a DIY substitute for PSmove controller and with PS Eye camera handling X, Y, Z moves using PSmoveservice which is recognized as SteamVR controllers. For more details use google.

This is only for 6DoF and it is chip upgrade. Track IR is not good for VR because of 1:1 move ratio, limited tracking FOV will make you sick inside VR.

Prove of concept.

Driver4VR

Ping pong ball DIY

It is also a solution with Kinect 1. Working with Kinect 2 too but it is more expensive.

If you are interested this is good starting point go in deeper.

Google is your best friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Pimax 8K status update

Posted by Pimax 8K VR (Creator)

Hi Futurists,

We have recorded all your questions and double checked the progress with the team. There are quite a lot to share today:

M1 closed beta We will ship M1 to the closed beta testers this month. There will be around 10 Pimax 8K testing units in total.

Kickstarter shipping After super intensive development and testing, now we are very confident about M1. The plan is to start the shipments in June if testers give the green light. As always, we will take the suggestions from the community into consideration to finalize Pimax 8K.

5K shipping time We will ship 5K and 8K in the same time frame.

Brainwarp Brainwarp is proven feasible in the lab. We will test it in the new hardware structure and will adopt Brainwarp in the final version.

Refresh rate 8K is stable at 80Hz. The team is still trying to improve the refresh rate. The worst case is 80Hz when we start to ship. 5K can reach 90Hz.

Roadshows We plan to hold meetups in different cities when the working units of the controllers are ready.

Controllers The working units (prototype v1) will be ready in June/July, and the shipping time will be Q4.

Lighthouses We plan to ship the lighthouses in Oct.

Pi-tracking We have been working on Pi-tracking. The prototype has passed the internal test. We are testing a new prototype for public demo and will showcase our solution when ready.

Audio quality and specs We have finished the design and will demo the mockup when ready.

Oculus games Pimax 8K supports Oculus games, we will make an Oculus gaming video with M1.

Stretch goal gifts and add-ons

- Modules

We are working with partners for the modules. The top priority is the hand tracking module and eye tracking module. We are working with several wireless partners as well.

- Free content

We plan to have one content for controllers, one content for hand motion, and another tbc. We have locked a great controller game and will disclose more info when we have the permission.

- 10m cable

The cable has passed the internal sample test. We are doing more tests and will disclose more info later.

- Headstrap

The team is refining the design of the headstrap for better ergonomics.

- Face cushion, cooling fan, VR frame

Not hard to produce at all, we have mockups ready. With limited resources, we are now focusing on the headset. We will update the progress when ready.

Thanks for your passion and patience! While you are waiting for your packages, please join our discussion in the forum: forum.pimaxvr.com and the closed facebook group 8K VR CLUB.

If you have any question, please let us know and we will give the answers in the next update.

Best Regards,

The Pimax Team

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

Um wait.

No controllers or Lighthouses on release, but later this year?

Maybe I am missing something, but what will the Kickstarters who do not already have a Vive do in the meantime?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is Pi tracking the same as Eye tracking?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

No, it is just software that enables lighthouse to work without using steam. And yes, October is a disappointment but not really something Pimax can do anything about. The 8k will use lighthouse 2.0, and they are not yet for sale.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

The 8k will use lighthouse 2.0, and they are not yet for sale.

Does that mean the lighthouses of the "old" Vive are not supported?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I did think that the Kickstarter included a commitment from Pimax to deliver eye tracking. How's that coming on?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I better buy a used one right away. I forsee the cost of them rising quickly.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I did think that the Kickstarter included a commitment from Pimax to deliver eye tracking. How's that coming on?

I know no more than what the update says. They are working on it and will deliver sometime later. They use the Tobii system, so this probably depends on when they can deliver.

Old lighthouses will work just fine as Torso mentioned.

I might have been quick on that one.

There is something that I don't understand. There is no logic here.

If Pimax8K will work on V1 and V2 of Vives Lighthouse that means Pimax controllers and tracking is V1. On Vive V2 works V2 and V1 and on V1 only V1 controllers. Following that logic Pimax standard than is V1 not V2 if Pimax working with V1 Vive tracking.

Am I right?

I think they just make shit up on the fly. When I bought the 4K and had issues with it they came up with 4 different reasons of why I was having the issues and all of them were just made up on the spot. Garbage product from a poorly run company was the real reason.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground