Av-8B Update Sticky ?

Neon67

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im very dissapointed for again nothing new for Harrier in todays patch. No news no info nothing :(

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Yep, but i would know why?

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk

Because they are working on Mig-19 early Access :music_whistling:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Because they are working on Mig-19 early Access :music_whistling:

Lol - and then letting both the M2000C and AV-8B live their own "slow progress" life, cause the Mig-19 is the next cash cow.

I guess module sales peaks at early access release, so after that income from those are just decreasing fast with a small bump once out of beta, with that income most often eaten by the "sales" rebates.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I'm tired of the same story, from today I wont buy anything that is not done by ED. If it is a third party only finished modules.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Your choice.

Comprehensible and fair.

Others like me can enjoy what it is while waiting for updates.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Don't think so, it was a big update but doesn't have any 3rd party stuff in it ������

There's 3rd party stuff, I believe Heatblur's Viggen Campaign was included.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yes, RAZBAM went from the so known "best communication - PR" to completely silent.

Seriously nothing new? My patch was 14gb what the heck was it and what terrain was updated?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm tired of the same story, from today I wont buy anything that is not done by ED. If it is a third party only finished modules.

It's not that long since the Harrier initial release. By now the community should have figgured out that substantical module progress since EA should be counted in years rather than weeks or months. Nothing particlarry wrong, at least untill now.

There are a two problems however:

1. The lack of communication doesn't help at all. It actually creates a concern as the devs turned from very open to silent. Having to brag for an whats included/planned updates list is a bs.

2. The module was IMO rushed into release way too early, with a hude list of big functionalities missing.

In other words what many people expected to get:

wrc-car-ford-m-sport-2018.jpg

What we got for the moment:

2018-Ford-BRAND-NEW-FIESTA-1.0L-ECOBOOST-TITANIUM-2147483711-8489628_1.jpg

It can be always said that it's better to enjoy what we have rather than waiting for the updates but consider that the situation in DCS has changed. There are many other modules that can be enjoyed in the mean time. I got mist of modules on EA but as I said, Harrier seems to be one of just a few rushed into release way too early. Which can be also a leasson learned - make sure to check how much feature complete the module will be on the release. To be fair however, this hasn't been clearly communicated in case of Harrier prior the release.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

There was NOTHING wrong in the Early Access release of AV-8B N/A Harrier II. The problem is that we do not know what they are working for next patch, what they are working for near future and communicate about the features what comes or not.

We got Early Access, and the AV-8B was from the start amazingly well operating aircraft! You could start it correctly, you got it up in the air, you could fly and shoot and do all the basics as required. We even got many advanced features before it was meant like TPOD/TGP.

Almost everyone is happy to jump to Early Access, test it etc while the development goes. But Early Access is two way communication. Developers does something, users respond and they discuss and then developers do something based the feedback.

That is the current problem, not the situation of the AV-8B itself. As that project can have now 2 years time forward! Now it is question that how the communication is handled from the developers side to users!

Those who thought that they get perfectly finished AV-8B with just couple tiny glitches like liveries or some radio functions not implemented, are just fools. Yes, I said it, as any logical person would wait that module is declared finished, before they buy it, if they want to fly it without wondering what is going to change and how!

The developers can be what ever level coder geniuses, but many lacks the skills to communicate with the customers, as that is painful and time taking task. If you answer for one question, it is required to be done so on next day, because people do not read or search answers and all the threads that goes over 2-3 pages are already such that it is waste of everyones time! Instead every thread should be locked as quickly as possible when the problem or question is answered and FAQ should be maintained.

But that is single person daily job from 8 to 16 and who is ready to pay for that?! As that person as well need to know all about the project itself!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Don't think so, it was a big update but doesn't have any 3rd party stuff in it ������

Lot of stuff for the Gazelle at least.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

@firmek,

Explain the relation between a module being in early access state and communication with the community.

During the development of the Harrier everyone kept saying "RAZBAM is this or that, their PR is really good, other third parties should do what they do", and see what happened. Zeus said they were going to make the thread sticky over a month, and we are seeing something now from CptSmiley, finally.

Regardless the state of the module, keeping a good relationship with the community is the ideal situation. Always. Doesn't matter if the module is alpha, beta, early access, finished, whatever... really, they should at least answer some of the questions on the forum.

Anyway, if we keep going, it will get off topic.

oh they updated face book with a moving map pic. I hate FB. shame FB seems to have the marketing releases for so many groups now.

That's how it works nowadays, facebook is excellent at marketing :)

[...]

Thanks for the update CJ, looking forward to it.

Nice tool but working INS is more important.

That's all relative, in any case...as he said, that is in the works and close to releasable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/photos/pb.316077818478863.-2207520000.1521108820./1638883356198296/?type=3&theater

That is what I am waiting for as one big feature update to AV-8B N/A... To make CAS pilots life far easier!

If you’re heads down looking at a moving map you’re not performing CAS.