Ammunition update for F-18?

Spike (Zivi)

Hey,

i was wondering when will ED release the full payload of the hornet for us to play with (JDAM, AIM-120 etc..)

FlighRIG => CPU: i7 8700k | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 3080 | OS Storage: SSD DCS Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 1TB, | Device: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | VR headset: HP reverb G2

חתימה SPIKE אינטראקטיבי.gif

I think we're all wondering that. I suspect the answer from ED will be that they are working hard on releasing all the missing features of the Hornet, and they will all appear when they are completed, and not before.

One of the traditional and slightly tongue in cheek answers is "2 weeks". The other popular one is "Soon". But truth be told, even ED would like to know the answer to that thorny question.

OP is new on the Forum, maybe does not know we waited what 2 Years to get what we have now in the F-18 Early Access?

Nvm, my wild guess would be Dec 2018, for useful stand off Ground attack Weapons (+ AG Radar and TGP) and missing A2A weapons somewhere in Autumn 2018.

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

OP is new on the Forum, maybe does not know we waited what 2 Years to get what we have now in the F-18 Early Access?

Nvm, my wild guess would be Dec 2018, for useful stand off Ground attack Weapons (+ AG Radar and TGP) and missing A2A weapons somewhere in Autumn 2018.

Two years? We’ve been waiting for the fast mover since 2012.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Unknown at this time zivi, we are all excited for new weapons to arrive though. :)

The things i could do to bogey formations with the Aim 120... mmmm that will be so much fun!

so we will have to train on our gunnery skills for the time being..

will the HMD be functional as well in the future?

FlighRIG => CPU: i7 8700k | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 3080 | OS Storage: SSD DCS Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 1TB, | Device: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | VR headset: HP reverb G2

חתימה SPIKE אינטראקטיבי.gif

targeting pod is more important than new weapons. becasue we need to find the target first

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

targeting pod is more important than new weapons. becasue we need to find the target first

It's simple with a drone above giving you the targets lat and long. You put that in as a waypoint, designate that waypoint as a target, the system puts a diamond right over the target for you.

If there is no drone, it's much more difficult.

i was wondering when will ED release the full payload of the hornet for us to play with (JDAM, AIM-120 etc..)

If you want a complete aircraft, then dont purchase those that are on "early access" status.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Zivi, please read the sticky threads located at the top of the forum. In particular this one......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3312683&postcount=1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Calm down Rudel... He didn't say "Why isn't it complete yet"...

He just asked when it will be.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Calm down Rudel... He didn't say "Why isn't it complete yet"...

He just asked when it will be.

The aircraft has barely been 5 weeks since release ... it seemed like the term early access is being misunderstood.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I doubt the TGP will be soon. It seemed like they were gonna do the FLIR overhaul for the release of the Targeting Pod. I really hope that's what they do because then they'll have an impetus for finishing the overhaul.

If they just put it out now with a pledge to update FLIR I fear it will be shuffled to the back of the priority list.... A true FLIR simulation is vital to the future of this sim.

easiest weapon to do is probably AGM65X just because it's been done twenty times and all that's really need is to tweak the avionics to get it to mate correctly.

hardest is probably targeting pod / GPS, with AGM-88 somewhere in the middle (as it's totally new)

but who knows what their priority is. we may see A-9X and AGM-88 first. my guess is that the v. high effectiveness stuff (SLAM-ER etc.) will be last but who knows.

Sorry i absolutly lost count

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Before that. After the KA-50 and before the A-10C, everyone thought the F/A-18 would come next. Many where sure, specially after someone found this web site http://www.thebattlesim.com/

before it turn into DCS.

edit

even earlier

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=10494

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I wouldn't be surprised to see the AIM-120 and Maverick E/F before the end of summer at the earliest as the first new weapons for the Hornet. The AIM-9X and JHMCS, and maybe the HARM will probably come sometime in the Autumn. Everything else is up in the air to me.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

easiest weapon to do is probably AGM65X just because it's been done twenty times and all that's really need is to tweak the avionics to get it to mate correctly.

hardest is probably targeting pod / GPS, with AGM-88 somewhere in the middle (as it's totally new)

but who knows what their priority is. we may see A-9X and AGM-88 first. my guess is that the v. high effectiveness stuff (SLAM-ER etc.) will be last but who knows.

In one of his videos, Wags said they'd urge to get the HARM in at high priority, to get the new weapon in as well as giving us a proper PRH missile for SEAD/DEAD to make the Hornet even more worth the ride.

I guess the Mav would be fairly easy to get in, but then they'd be without the TGP and as simple as present - and as it's important to get a "DCS grade" simulation of FLIR and IR/thermal imaging in general, I highly suspect they're working on it as well, taking us a some steps ahead when they arrive. Basically, we just have "FC grade" Mavericks at the moment, since the seekers logic is totally simplified, as it just looks for an object that's been tagged "targetable" instead of looking at an actual "heat map" to decide where to lock at.

Before that. After the KA-50 and before the A-10C, everyone thought the F/A-18 would come next. Many where sure, specially after someone found this web site http://www.thebattlesim.com/

before it turn into DCS.

edit

even earlier

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=10494

I've been waiting since 2003 when LOMAC arrived. Always had the expectation they'd add more planes to become flyable and the Hornet was by far the best looking external model back then. That thread from 2005 just confirms they actually had plans to do so.

Interesting thing to catch on the TBS site though:

Other map environments are also in development that include the Strait of Hormuz, Afghanistan, Syria, and Crimea.
I knew about Syria and even Afghanistan since Wags mentioned them in some of his recent videos, but I'm totally excited to get the Crimea back. I never understood why it has been dropped when going over to DCS World 1.0 which wasn't a step forward in graphics or rendering technology at all. The map would have been way bigger, yes, but I highly doubt that would have been much of a problem.
Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This is the way I read it too. HARM was mentioned, and makes sense because it has it's own pages and is self contained.

TGP implementation links with FLIR overhaul and other weapons and is needing links to other parts such as MGRS/UTM on the INS for coordinates which isn't there yet either so it's a much much wider and potentially harder point to get to in terms of dev.

Second guessing is what we do, though.

In one of his videos, Wags said they'd urge to get the HARM in at high priority, to get the new weapon in as well as giving us a proper PRH missile for SEAD/DEAD to make the Hornet even more worth the ride.

I guess the Mav would be fairly easy to get in, but then they'd be without the TGP and as simple as present - and as it's important to get a "DCS grade" simulation of FLIR and IR/thermal imaging in general, I highly suspect they're working on it as well, taking us a some steps ahead when they arrive. Basically, we just have "FC grade" Mavericks at the moment, since the seekers logic is totally simplified, as it just looks for an object that's been tagged "targetable" instead of looking at an actual "heat map" to decide where to lock at.

I've been waiting since 2003 when LOMAC arrived. Always had the expectation they'd add more planes to become flyable and the Hornet was by far the best looking external model back then. That thread from 2005 just confirms they actually had plans to do so.

Interesting thing to catch on the TBS site though:

I knew about Syria and even Afghanistan since Wags mentioned them in some of his recent videos, but I'm totally excited to get the Crimea back. I never understood why it has been dropped when going over to DCS World 1.0 which wasn't a step forward in graphics or rendering technology at all. The map would have been way bigger, yes, but I highly doubt that would have been much of a problem.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *