Anybody have updates on the development of the F4U Corsair?

pegg00

• ED Team
3 hours ago, billythebassman said:

After almost eight years since the first announcement, I don't think any of us can be accused of a lack of patience. 

But this is ridiculous...one teaser after another since 2015!  I won't be buying this thing unless and until I read several objective reviews that say its really worth it.  Any "early access" BS and I'm out altogether.

You are quite welcome to your opinion, you may even want to wait till the free trial, we offer early access at a discount, sale on modules that our out of EA and free trials for people to decide if they want something.

Remember that many of our 3rd Parties are not doing this full time for their living. Developing modules for DCS can take time, add in all the other things going on and you can end up here. 

So I appreciate your caution, but please be nice about it.

Thanks. 

• Like 7

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don't remember it being that long .. so I googled a bit and found the first announcement by Magnitude 3 LLC with some pics of the Corsair, was on December 30th 2017 .. yes, a long time ago, but only five years ... a bit short of your 8 years affirmation.

The F4U was first teased in January 2015 with a darkened image of an F4U cockpit, long before Leatherneck split into Heatblur and Magnitude. Shortly before they had confirmed in their New Year developer update that they had three aircraft in advanced states of development. (The other ones were the Viggen and F-14). The relevant threads are still there, but ended in the Heatblur section after the split. Obviously a lot has happened since then, but it was and is indeed a very long wait.

Lots of speculation afterwards:

Nearing the end of 2015 the F4U and Iwo Map were discovered in the Steam database, before any official announcement. The cat was out of the bag and the main discussion threads in this forum were started:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cunctator said:

The F4U was first teased in January 2015 with a darkened image of an F4U cockpit, long before Leatherneck split into Heatblur and Magnitude. Shortly before they had confirmed in their New Year developer update that they had three aircraft in advanced states of development. (The other ones were the Viggen and F-14). The relevant threads are still there, but ended in the Heatblur section after the split. Obviously a lot has happened since then, but it was and is indeed a very long wait.

Lots of speculation afterwards:

Nearing the end of 2015 the F4U and Iwo Map were discovered in the Steam database, before any official announcement. The cat was out of the bag and the main discussion threads in this forum were started:

Iwo Jima map and a "Map Team" never was confimed by "Leatherneck".... after HB... and the actual M3 team 3rd party was starter from scratch the F-4U1 on some point after your first module Christen Eagle.... that posts was very old and outdated.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

On 12/9/2022 at 9:29 AM, BIGNEWY said:

When any third party are ready to share news they will. 

You will need to continue to be patient. 

thank you

On 12/9/2022 at 6:30 PM, -Rudel- said:

Hi guys,  ED has new regs on news updates.  It's partially the reason we've seem silent.

We do have progress, but not until it's our turn.  Stay patient.....I mean, it's not like we're not doing nothing at all.

Sincerely, with all due respect, these two statements are discordant. ED states "when any third party are ready to share news they will.", yet Mag3 Points that ED has "...new regs on news updates.".

Digging further is more confusing as Mag3 states that "it's PARTIALLY (emphasis is mine) the reason we've seem(d)silent".

Ok? What are other factors?

"We do have progress, but not until it's our turn."
Who determines "turns" and in what format? I get ED may have their next X number of Newsletters mapped out, but you have your own social media accounts and the likes.

"I mean, it's not like we're not doing nothing at all."
I don't think anyone was implying you all aren't doing ANYTHING, but this sounds like an excuse one of my junior sailors would have given me when I caught them slacking off haha.

Look, everyone here knows COVID changed the game for everyone in a thousand different ways, and that real life, real programming challenges, and real conflicts on all fronts can have dramatic effects on timelines in the development of something as complex as a module for this Simulator we all love. That being said, I don't think in this particular situation the community is being unreasonable in asking for just a little bit more transparency or communication from Magnitude 3, be it here or on another platform.

Again, no malice intended, and no anger felt, just voicing some concerns and (likely a little nitpicky) critique.

Cheers

• Like 3

• ED Team
44 minutes ago, Rakkis said:

Sincerely, with all due respect, these two statements are discordant. ED states "when any third party are ready to share news they will.", yet Mag3 Points that ED has "...new regs on news updates.".

Digging further is more confusing as Mag3 states that "it's PARTIALLY (emphasis is mine) the reason we've seem(d)silent".

Ok? What are other factors?

"We do have progress, but not until it's our turn."
Who determines "turns" and in what format? I get ED may have their next X number of Newsletters mapped out, but you have your own social media accounts and the likes.

"I mean, it's not like we're not doing nothing at all."
I don't think anyone was implying you all aren't doing ANYTHING, but this sounds like an excuse one of my junior sailors would have given me when I caught them slacking off haha.

Look, everyone here knows COVID changed the game for everyone in a thousand different ways, and that real life, real programming challenges, and real conflicts on all fronts can have dramatic effects on timelines in the development of something as complex as a module for this Simulator we all love. That being said, I don't think in this particular situation the community is being unreasonable in asking for just a little bit more transparency or communication from Magnitude 3, be it here or on another platform.

Again, no malice intended, and no anger felt, just voicing some concerns and (likely a little nitpicky) critique.

Cheers

Just to clarify without getting into it too deep, 3rd Parties can do their own updates on their own social media, etc. We (ED) generally will start ramping up news on our newsletter etc once it is closer to release.

• Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

6 hours ago, NineLine said:

Just to clarify without getting into it too deep, 3rd Parties can do their own updates on their own social media, etc. We (ED) generally will start ramping up news on our newsletter etc once it is closer to release.

Nice one thanks nine line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stunning photos, but no real update, usally that kinda photo dump would be imminent big news/update, but with Mag3 it might just mean, look nice pictures, see you in 6 months for more new pictures.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

5 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Stunning photos, but no real update, usally that kinda photo dump would be imminent big news/update, but with Mag3 it might just mean, look nice pictures, see you in 6 months for more new pictures.

I feel ya. Desperately want some ww2 carrier action but until I see video I say it’s a way off. 

• Like 1

Well into the new year and no update. We got pics and like 10 seconds of video from the 2023 video.

But no status report. It's nice to know it flies. But would like some info on what they've been doing this last year. And what is left to do.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

But would like some info on what they've been doing this last year. And what is left to do.

and what would you do with such information?  ... it wouldn't change the release date one bit. 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

and what would you do with such information?  ... it wouldn't change the release date one bit. 

It's basic decency as someone who makes a product they expect to sell to customers. 

Info= good.

No info =bad

Misleading info/useless teasing =very bad.

Mag3 has been doing the two lower. And never the first one.

This is how you do a status report. 

No info on release date, it won't come any faster. But in informs the customers about what is going on. What has happened the last year(s) and what's next on the todos list.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They technically dont have to tell you -anything-. Have you paid? How can you possibly demand something to be done when you arent even contributing to the project? Be glad it will eventually get here...I honestly wouldnt even bother with it seeing how often people complain about something nobody has control over.

• Like 4

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

5 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

They technically dont have to tell you -anything-. Have you paid? How can you possibly demand something to be done when you arent even contributing to the project? Be glad it will eventually get here...I honestly wouldnt even bother with it seeing how often people complain about something nobody has control over.

Technianlly they don't have to do anything including actually releasing the modual, I  said basic decency. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

No, the decent thing would be to let them do their job nary a complaint. Itll come eventually, complaining or not. Complaining about it isnt going to make it move faster.

• Like 3

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

57 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

No, the decent thing would be to let them do their job nary a complaint. Itll come eventually, complaining or not. Complaining about it isnt going to make it move faster.

Defend bad practice from someone making a product is really not a hill you should die on. 

I literally gave a link to how it should be done. It didn't cost them anything to inform their customers about what they had been doing, and what they were gunna do.

The way Mag3 operates infuriates a lot of their customers base. Just take a look on Facebook,  discord. 

Mag3 doesn't need to do anything. But it would be SMART to do something.

This last year Mag3 has done nothing but "play" with potential customers with vague single sentences that can be interpreted in 30 different ways and some random pictures. 

As I said no info is bad.

Bad info/useless info is worse, and for this last year  that's what Mag3 has been doing. 

What do you think is best for a company to do.

1. Make customers/potential customers happy.

2. Annoy them, stonewall them and tease them?

• Like 6