** DCS: F-14 Development Update - September!! **

Cobra847

No but we are missing a post from them that says "On 7.10. we will release the F-14"

Of course they wouldn't write that, that'd be too lame as the surprise would be gone... ;) The best companies release their products on a "special event" without announcing ahead that they will release the product on the event... (just keeping rumors "will company xyz relase product xyz on that day or not??" to keep discussion going till that day, just see Nvidia...)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't release the F-14 without ED pushing it with an update, i doubt ED will push this on a sunday evening. :music_whistling: Nineline stated the next one is planed for wednesday.

My guess, showing a video/livestream and starting the preorder phase.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Can't wait for release tomorrow!! (that's what we're expecting, right?)

Nope.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

True, then next week with ED patch I guess it will release ("early alpha").

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

True, then next week with ED patch I guess it will release ("early alpha").

Remember the 3rd parties has not control over the pre-orders and releases. That has work of ED.

If we review the same situation with the old Heatblur AJS-37, they make the famous Twitch Viggen presentation on 2016 November, 11. ED publish the Newsletter with "pre-order" on 2016 December, 23, and was "release" near 20 days after, on 2017 January.

By that, we can suppose the Tomcat can be a "release" near on late November, early December 2018. Other point, the Tomcat First Flight was on 1970 December,21.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

8d0a228aba5867625afcd47ae81b6bd0.thumb.jpg.8f3dfe0aa6270d2d9e9792d231bf737d.jpg

37a6d198a5fcefa611755ea09204c526.jpg.fc3d7a12d27593745de211cd8e743f11.jpg

been meaning to ask if its possible for a talented modder, someone far more talented than me to make a static object mod of these two, to place in the ME. I think it would go great with the F-14 and Nevada?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

the Tomcat First Flight was on 1970 December,21.

Interesting, but from the many and content-rich "development-updates" (forum threads) Heatblur posted so far I can only assume (and hope) work ("early alpha") is ~ 90-98% completed and could be ready by next week or next 2 weeks... (and this thread is exploding with over 80.000 views already! wow)

Interesting, but from the many and content-rich "development-updates" (forum threads) Heatblur posted so far I can only assume (and hope) work ("early alpha") is ~ 90-98% completed and could be ready by next week or next 2 weeks... (and this thread is exploding with over 80.000 views already! wow)

The main problem about them has, ED has testing the module to "approve" them? No news about Wags and other ED team about them.

I'm not holding my hopes very high. I will enjoy the stream, but I'm not allowing myself to be let down yet again by my own expectations with what Heatblur will release. Very excited to hopefully see a complete cockpit and beautiful exteriors though!

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

The main problem about them has, ED has testing the module to "approve" them? No news about Wags and other ED team about them.

Aaaaah thanks, I didn't know this. I hope the testing process takes no more than 1-2 hours for this module

Yeah I have to agree, it's likely an announcement about the module being delivered to ED for internal testing and release will likely be around December once quality requirements are satisfied. And also true ED will have the final say on when we can have our hands on it.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Aaaaah thanks, I didn't know this. I hope the testing process takes no more than 1-2 hours for this module

More like 1-2 weeks MINIMUM.:(

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I am pretty sure if ralfidude is flying it, WAGS and ED are as well.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Maybe the big reveal will be an “Anytime Baby” patch on the shoulder of the pilot body...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

... ED will have the final say on when we can have our hands on it.

Which could be any 2nd week :) (OpenBeta patches)

My version would look like this:

It will be a texture reveal. And everybody will be pretend to be super happy about it.

my prediction.

:megalol: