Trains aren't activating the triggers

Hi ED !

It seems that the new trains aren't activate triggers in the ME even if you ask them to make it by entering in a trigger zone. I've tried with a road vehicle in the same zone and that runs properly but not with the trains.

In the same way, trains aren't considered as ennemy by opposite coalition.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Effectively I havn't tried but I'm not sure we can do that. I'll try immediatly.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

The ME don't allow yet to transport a cargo on a train. It was a good idea but that doesn't work. I've tried with the beta version updated from today but it would be surprising that the issue was fixed so soon. I've just reported yesterday.

Form behind through the breast into the heart.

There is another option.

Set a Waypoint to the position where you will activate the trigger.

Now you can take the Time information from that waypoint to activate the trigger with a "Since FLAG" or "More Time" Trigger:smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

Form behind through the breast into the heart.

There is another option.

Set a Waypoint to the position where you will activate the trigger.

Now you can take the Time information from that waypoint to activate the trigger with a "Since FLAG" or "More Time" Trigger:smilewink:

Well, all of this doesn't fix the bug, does it? ;)

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

• 4 weeks later...

Adding to this, trains also ignore advanced waypoint actions to 'Hold'

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think ED will finish to fix the bug. If, in the future, an infantry or a cargo can be embarked on the train, all will become possible. The trigger will be activated by the embarked item.

• 4 years later...
  • NineLine locked this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

same issue mate

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello virtual pilots,

I have noticed that when I place a train on the map and drive it into a trigger to trigger the event that spawns troops and vehicles with a trigger, the train does not activate the trigger.

I tried with a car and an airplane and it works fine. Only the train is not recognized.

I would like to use the train for logistics and move materials to the front with the train.

No scripts were used! I hope anyone can help me.

Thank you

Thanks. I really have no idea how I got it to work the previous time. This time, I'm unable to make it work, be it with your miz or my track. 🤔

Anyway, I did a bit of search: this issue was reported earlier.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:47 PM, DrWalnuss said:

Hello virtual pilots,

I have noticed that when I place a train on the map and drive it into a trigger to trigger the event that spawns troops and vehicles with a trigger, the train does not activate the trigger.

I tried with a car and an airplane and it works fine. Only the train is not recognized.

I would like to use the train for logistics and move materials to the front with the train.

No scripts were used! I hope anyone can help me.

Thank you

I'm going to be frank here, but my suggestion is to stay away from trains - especially in MP. I've been trying to work with them for years - and have constantly hit issues with them. Over time, some of these issues have been fixed (ie, the train is now visible for others in MP whereas previously in MP - clients weren't able to see a train that was there) which I'm grateful for, but there seems to be other issues that continually pop up where it's more like a game of 'whack a mole' than a flight simulator. 

The trains are neat and I appreciate them in DCS but I think they're one of those items that has proven to be a lot more complicated than ED first anticipated - and since they're a bit of a niche item - 'bits and pieces' get looked into from time to time - but the entire feature itself needs a real good look at which I doubt is going to happen. There's too many other 'higher priorities' that have been in ED's sights for too long. 

That link from Flappy that shows this being one of the issues reported in 2018 still outstanding (and now the thread locked) might give you a bit of an indication of how long it takes for each individual train bug to get attention.

I'm not saying this to have a dig at ED. I can appreciate that DCS has grown to a size where it's really more triage with issues than it is having everything running solid. As a train enthusiast I can still appreciate that train use to this level of scripting are a niche thing and ED have higher priorities to deal with. So my response is more to just be frank with you that I don't recommend you invest the time and energy like I have in the past into something that when you finally do get something working - you find something else breaks it shortly after down the track  (excuse the pun). 😉   

If you really want to implement them anyway - I'd recommend having them as a 'side objective' in your missions that doesn't matter if it doesn't work or is broken so you can have a 'bit of fun' with them, but if they don't work - it's not going to be a showstopper. 

• Like 1