Heatblur 1st:dev to introduce Jetwash in DCS?

CoBlue

You guy's said Jetwash is implemented & quite pronounced. AFAIK that's the 1:st module in DCS that will have Jetwash / Wake Turbulance in DCS. And it should be really highlighted :thumbup:.

Will Jetwash effect other ,non HB F-14 modules, e.g the F-18, when behind the F-14?

Will it work on the ground & ship also? when e.g at take-off, launch, formation take-offs, taxing?

Can you explain how you manged to implement it?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Heatblur 1st:dev to introduce Jetwash in DCS?

There’s jet wash effect in Viggen too fyi, but yes don’t think other modules has it. The jet wash simulation in F-14 is more in-depth though than the one in the Viggen

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

By the stream, They talk about interaction into F-14 vs other F-14, not with others aircraft's. The only actual Wake Turbulence has only "implement" on helicopters.

Surely on the To-Do list by ED, but yet not a priority.

The current wake system is not just F-14 to F-14, the effect also occurs with other aircraft. The effect is currently implemented with tankers (KC-135, KC-130, etc) and other USN aircraft. It is still WIP and requires tuning, but is a nice addition for realism.

Also, this effect does effect TF30 stall parameters. :)

-Nick

The current wake system is not just F-14 to F-14, the effect also occurs with other aircraft. The effect is currently implemented with tankers (KC-135, KC-130, etc) and other USN aircraft. It is still WIP and requires tuning, but is a nice addition for realism.

Also, this effect does effect TF30 stall parameters. :)

-Nick

Yeeeeeeessssssss... :D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

giphy.gif

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whats Jetwash?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Whats Jetwash?

The stuff we got the new guys to hunt around base to try and find so they could get cleaning those jets, same deal with prop wash....:music_whistling:

Gotta keep those props clean and shiny....:lol:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The stuff we got the new guys to hunt around base to try and find so they could get cleaning those jets, same deal with prop wash....:music_whistling:

Haha :D

We let our new guys sweep the Glideslope, „Gleitpfad“ in German, „Pfad“ being a path or small street. Funny seeing them search for it.

vCVW-17 / VF-74

A mate of mine in the Royal Air Force worked on a base where they sent people to stores to ask for the "Long weight" - generally about an hour while the store staff went and had a cup of coffee :-)

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Wake turbulence.

:thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

In my first weeks of being an apprentice heavy goods mechanic, I was sent out around the industrial estate on my bike to buy a big pot of ‘green’ piston slap!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Haha :D

We let our new guys sweep the Glideslope, „Gleitpfad“ in German, „Pfad“ being a path or small street. Funny seeing them search for it.

Haha nice.

"I got my broom, now where is this slope. Hope it's not too steep."

About 3 degrees more often than not, you'll be fine :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jetwash? Yawn... Will be something that occurs every 200 years in real life, except if you're watching "Top Gun". :doh:

Wake turbulance is only dangerous if you're flying in the glidepath of a large aircraft at relatively low speed an high AOA. That should commonly be during take-off and landing. Not really during a dogfight, except when "dogfighting" a B-1B. The reaction of a F-14 to jetwash has been totally exaggerated in "Top Gun" to make that lousy film a little more exciting.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Jetwash? Yawn... Will be something that occurs every 200 years in real life, except if you're watching "Top Gun". :doh:

Wake turbulance is only dangerous if you're flying in the glidepath of a large aircraft at relatively low speed an high AOA. That should commonly be during take-off and landing. Not really during a dogfight, except when "dogfighting" a B-1B. The reaction of a F-14 to jetwash has been totally exaggerated in "Top Gun" to make that lousy film a little more exciting.

I'm sure Heatblur will simulate it to a realistic effect.

Stop mansplaining...

I'm sure Heatblur will simulate it to a realistic effect.

Stop mansplaining...

"Mansplaining" means what? Can't find it in any dictionary.

Whatever that word means, i think it's everyones right to talk about his opinion in this forum.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

"Mansplaining" means what? Can't find it in any dictionary.

Whatever that word means, i think it's everyones right to talk about his opinion in this forum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansplaining

Maybe try google next time ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansplaining

Maybe try google next time ;)

I'm sure you knew it, without consulting wikipedia. ;)

Edited by norbot

Who cares whether it creates a dangerous situation or not? its a realistic phenomenon which can cause interesting handling effects and I'm glad to see it make its way into DCS. Wake turbulence behind tankers will be welcome as tanking is a bit too easy as it is now ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I do not like that the interview yesterday referred to jetwash as the effect in the movie top gun that we will have to be careful with our TF-30s. Jetwash shouldn't do crap to a TF-30. If its just the guys that don't know trying to hype a feature- that's fine, but its not accurate.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk