F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

It would be really nice to have the manual before christmas, even if it is not 100% complete.

Totally agree.

Or even before the end of the year at the least, as an aircraft like the F-14 does have a lot of systems and functions to use.

So I imagine there will be a substantial amount of reading to do.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really nice to have the manual before christmas, even if it is not 100% complete.

This. For sure, and this is something where they could just release what they have, regardless of what’s missing.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

oh man... so many things to be said and nobody to hear.

just accept it. We have no options, but to accept whatever they impose to us...

or leave it.

Nah, once you take people's money everything changes.

While I'm not too bothered we've not got the module or had any decent news yet, I do think the lack of any communication is poor.

This. For sure, and this is something where they could just release what they have, regardless of what’s missing.

People have high expectation on this product and have expectations on it being mostly feature complete on early access release (they said similar words in the pre-purchase trailer if I did not remember wrong). I suppose that also puts a lot of pressure on HB team. Though I wish the same as you do, I don't think they will want to risk it.

I won't have time laughing at your weak faith if they release it this year ^^

Hello Jarlerus,

Yeah, but he can say the same to you if they don't release it this year...

Why do you feel so confident it will be released this year?

C'mon share with us!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I wonder whether it puts Cobra and co into some stress by reading our release assumtions or will it make them ROFL of our stupidity? I wonder why they just dont tell us...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I wonder whether it puts Cobra and co into some stress by reading our release assumtions or will it make them ROFL of our stupidity? I wonder why they just dont tell us...

Probably because they don't know, and I'd bet on the later rather than the former.

Just chill and they will tell you when they are ready and able to.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Have we seen the, well in advance before release promised: manual, youtubers getting per-release, in depth system videos & most importantly RIO Cockpit??? Nope! so unless Santa is real, forget about December.

This summer Cobra said that end of 2018 was the "worst case scenario" & that we'll "get it definitely before 2019", then 2 month's ago it changed to "still targeting December but flagging for winter 2019". BTW it was the same story with Viggen ;).

My guess is that there's something really game-breaking, either with multi-crew, Jester or RIO cockpit & that's why they haven't showed us anything coz if they would, people would be really disappointed.

I understand if it's not ready, it shouldn't be released & I personally don't have a slightest problem with that. Hey, my expectation right now is next summer anyway :lol:.

What I do have a problem with is the lack of communication.

Especially since HB have had our money for 2 months now & Cobra promised an update at the end of November, about where they stood in the development. That never happen! Personally I think it's kinda disrespecting towards the Pre-Purchase customers :notify:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I agree with the lack of communication but I think they are polishing the module the best they can. It will be ready when it's ready thats for sure. As we are closing in to one of the deadlines they metioned themselves it should't be hard to acknowledge that it's far off and tell us. I think it would stop the threads about "release date" at least till we get to the new one.

I hope preorders for more than 1 month don't become common...

I agree with the lack of communication but I think they are polishing the module the best they can. It will be ready when it's ready thats for sure. As we are closing in to one of the deadlines they metioned themselves it should't be hard to acknowledge that it's far off and tell us. I think it would stop the threads about "release date" at least till we get to the new one.

I hope preorders for more than 1 month don't become common...

I think we’ll either hear from them in the next 48 hours or it will be a 2019. I can’t imagine them entering EA with less than a week’s notice, nor do I think they’ll launch between Xmas and New Year.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Keep the faith.... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control