DCS 2nd free map

ebabil

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baltic or North Sea or Scandinavia or SCS/Taiwan Straight would be great.Those are either mostly water and mountainous terrain with limited urban sprawl.

Should be a combination sea, land, and littoral. Perhaps a modern update to Normandy , CA 1987. I find Normandy to be a decent stand in for Central Baltic and Central Europe.

I use Carpiquet vicinity as Kallingrad. English Chanell as Baltic, though Chanell is not as wide as Baltic. But its what we got. The rule that I use is that only concrete fields can be used by fixed wing fast jets (except AV-8B).

What about Scandinavia and Baltic sea? It would be like flying again with the EF2000 by DID in1995.......????☺????????

Heatblur plans to do a map for the Viggen, which can only be a scandinavian map IMHO.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really?! Where did you see that? Are there any details??

In their news updates:

Terrain & Theatre Development

We've recently began ramping up the amount of time we spend on developing our new theatres and terrains for DCS World. Currently we have three separate theaters in development, one of which we have previously announced and will be released together with the F-14. The other two are slated for release either with, or directly after the release of our other two aircraft. All three are very unique and don't really have a lot in common. This is both a blessing and a curse, as it makes it easier to create more theaters in these particular environments later on, but also dramatically increases current workload.

Our goal with theaters is to not only build a great environment to immerse the player in the game world, but to also try and provide an appropriate framework for the aircraft we create.

To achieve this framework, we have to spend a lot of time creating AI Aircraft, Ground and Naval units, all of which represent a huge investment of time and effort.

Thus, we hope to avoid aircraft that are 'misplaced' in the wrong theater and environment. Naturally, the main campaign for each module will take place in their respective theater.

Current Art team focus on the front of Theatre development is the creation of everything from terrain textures (many based on Photogrammetry), environmental models, props & buildings, airfield objects, and 'unique' terrain features (Some terrain features require extra detail, an unrelated example would be Mt. Rushmore).

We're also creating custom models and artwork for e.g. trenchlines, defensive installations and unique coastlines.

The construction of the overall terrain components such as the coastline, roads, towns, airfields, fields, forests and more takes an incredible amount of time.

I'm sure you can imagine how time consuming it can be to mark out each and every field in an e.g. 250x250 km area.

Then add in all the forests and towns, and you certainly have your work cut out for you.

Thankfully, resources exist to more easily automate some terrain features, such as roads.

One of the most time intensive tasks is the creation of airports and airbases.

These can be very complex, with many unique buildings and large amounts of interconnected taxiways and runways.

Proper integration of AI pathing and other components such as beacons and radio frequencies, together with the documentation for these (charts and other reference) significantly add to the workload.

Theatre development has been a learning process for us. We've already grown proficient with working with terrain in DCS world and we look forward to applying our new knowledge to continuously expand the world of DCS, whether it is to complement our own aircraft modules or those in development by other DCS developers.

Theatre Development
During most of 2015; we've focused on the creation of primary map content

for our planned theatres. This includes not only things like actual map objects (hangars, trenches, bunkers, destroyed aircraft, buildings, vegetation, and much more) but

also various vector assets such as roads, coastlines, elevation models, bodies of water and similar items.

Learning the production pipeline for the creation of maps for DCS has taken us close to the entire year; but we are now confident in our ability to create any terrain we set our mind to for the platform.

Perhaps most exciting, is that we've already carried out several in-game tests of already produced sections of land. It's a small, but very exciting step forwards!

In the beginning of 2016; we will be investing additional resources into the expansion of our theatre construction team. This will be in the form of more permanent employees at our offices in Swinoujscie.

We feel that only a large investment package will be enough to maintain our project goals, especially for products slated in 2017 and beyond.

According to Cobra they are still planning to do those maps: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3581238&postcount=14

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

I believe a vietnam map would be to sick(even though the theatre is to old for the planes, blabla...),

but i'll be happy with a balkan map xD

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
I imagine North Atlantic with Iceland in the center a nice free map:

Lots of open water for carrier ops, some ground to conquer, few buildings & trees make its creation not too costly for a free product.

Including Faeroer Islands and maybe add some bases on the costal regions of Inverness, Bergen and eastern Greenland, that would give a huge and versatile playground.

Red Storm Rising, anyone?

That would actually be really cool!

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

• 2 weeks later...
Mach Loop in Wales.

I have elevation data and sat imagery for 100kmsq area of north wales, including the mach loop. Basically from the north corner of deeside at Talacre across to abersoch, including the whole of anglesey, right down to aberystwyth, then across near llangolen. Its massive. Not as big as the DCS maps, but I managed to import it into Arma 3, which was why I made it.

AS ROG G20 CB

I7 6700 3.4ghz

AMD RX 570 8 gb

24 Gb ram

Samsung 500 GB SSD

1TB Hdd

According to the newest issue of the PCPilot magazine, the 2nd free DCS Map will be a modern era pacific map

And the first free map ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

And the first free map ?

in europe the crisis areas are ukraine and spain the rest is all peaceful.

africa is a territory full of wars the most peaceful territory is South Africa.

Asia is a territory with wars but as peaceful territories we have Japan China Taiwan Australia New Zealand.

and then there are the two American territories including central america and full crisis territories brazil is peaceful canada is peaceful the U.S.A. they are peaceful and also argentina.

According to the newest issue of the PCPilot magazine, the 2nd free DCS Map will be a modern era pacific map

Is this magazine available in paper only, or can we see the article online somewhere?

If this proves to be true, I must admit I would be a little disappointed. Trying not to jump to conclusions here, but personally I'd rather see some impressive scenery, instead of 95% sea.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Is this magazine available in paper only, or can we see the article online somewhere?

If this proves to be true, I must admit I would be a little disappointed. Trying not to jump to conclusions here, but personally I'd rather see some impressive scenery, instead of 95% sea.

You can purchase a online edition of the magazine, its around 5$

https://pcpilot.keypublishing.com/the-magazine/view-issue/?issueID=7968

you are literally the ONE PERSON who says this

no matter what ED does, someone b*tches whines and complains

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you are literally the ONE PERSON who says this

no matter what ED does, someone b*tches whines and complains

Merry Christmas to you too my friend :)

My appologies, I forgot I was the one person that wasn't allowed to share his opinion in this thread

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Pacific is huge

Hopefully we have more impressive scenery, than 95 % sea

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

in europe the crisis areas are ukraine and spain the rest is all peaceful.

africa is a territory full of wars the most peaceful territory is South Africa.

Asia is a territory with wars but as peaceful territories we have Japan China Taiwan Australia New Zealand.

and then there are the two American territories including central america and full crisis territories brazil is peaceful canada is peaceful the U.S.A. they are peaceful and also argentina.

Spain? What is going on in Spain? Wow, more than 30 years living here and is the first notice I have about a crisis.... We are in peace, man. :smilewink:. However, If ED decides to make a free map of Spain it will be welcome with open arms XD

Edited by Felipius

Spain? What is going on in Spain? Wow, more than 30 years living here and is the first notice I have about a crisis.... We are in peace, man. :smilewink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spain? What is going on in Spain? Wow, more than 30 years living here and is the first notice I have about a crisis.... We are in peace, man. :smilewink:. However, If ED decides to make a free map of Spain it will be welcome with open arms XD[/QUOT

SPAIN

protests continue for the independence of catalonia. Catalan separatists want to separate themselves from spain and perhaps also from europe.