Track IR

I had issues before as well, and even with my Oculus now, when the sun is way too shiny i get it, but way way less. The thing with the TRackIr is, it's realy sensitive, sunlight directly on the TrackIR Camera/Sensor affects it, If the TrackIR Camera/Sensor is back to the window or sunlight still can be an issue if the sunlight shine on your reflectors, specialy the default cap clips, but using the Pro clips which connects to a USB is way much more forgiving on sun relfection.

Also, what happened to me also is, even if i had the TrackIR with the window behind it, the sun coming through the window and reflecting on the wall behind me was affecting it when really shiny days.

In other words, on my side when i've been usng the TrackIR, purchasing the Pro clip was a good investment as the system became way less sensitive, not to play with the words, but it became night and day as difference versus the default Hat Clip.

It's pretty easy to see what is affecting, open the TrackIR application and see what sources is being detected in the preview window and play with the settings/threshold.

Not much you can do about that other than change room... Well, I ended up having to tape the curtains right back against the window to stop the tiny sliver of sunbeam that was coming in. But apparently taping curtains to windows is "not a form of decorating," or so I was told...

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Not much you can do about that other than change room... Well, I ended up having to tape the curtains right back against the window to stop the tiny sliver of sunbeam that was coming in. But apparently taping curtains to windows is "not a form of decorating," or so I was told...

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Is their a window behind you with the sun. If so cover it up. (...)

or, turn your desk so the window is in front of you, and make sure you don't have anything shiny (glass picture frames) behind you.

As Los said - bring up the camera, see what's causing the problem & either remove that or adjust the camera settings till you don't pick up the reflections by accident.

Cheers.

I taped a bit of tinted film over the camera. Works like a charm.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

If you wear glasses, the light can reflect from your frames and cause issues too. Nothing a big piece of masking tape can't fix!

I wear glasses and had sometime issue with my TIR, your masking tape solution solve it but now I can’t see anything ...

More seriously, I have glasses, and above 60cm the detection has going weaker. I’ve solve it by washing with a sponge the TIR screen.

BTW, camera view is the best solution to solve problems

Same here, and I"m down in my basement with just two very small windows at ground level. Still, during the day the sun shines in behind me and I can't use it. I just slid the tracker about 6 inches to the left and that was enough to get it working for me.