DCS Server Control

Hi everyone, 

I have been having issues having missions populate in the Web Gui. I have searched the forums and have been unable to find an answer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled dcs/server on two different driver to solve the issue. I am thinking it might be a saved games path issue? I can host a server on the client no issues, and have hosted a dedicated server in the past so I am unsure. Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

Hallsy

image.png

5 hours ago, Hallsy said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been having issues having missions populate in the Web Gui. I have searched the forums and have been unable to find an answer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled dcs/server on two different driver to solve the issue. I am thinking it might be a saved games path issue? I can host a server on the client no issues, and have hosted a dedicated server in the past so I am unsure. Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

Hallsy

image.png

Try to create Missions folder inside Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server and put .miz file inside that folder, then try ADD

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

18 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

Try to create Missions folder inside Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server and put .miz file inside that folder, then try ADD

No luck Maverick, thanks for the suggestion though! 

47 minutes ago, Hallsy said:

No luck Maverick, thanks for the suggestion though! 

😢 It's really strange since you don't see also the path that is normally shown in the interface:

immagine.png

try to remove the entire DCS.openbeta_server folder ( or the instance name, in my case SyriaLiberation ) and let the dedicated server create it again on next startup.

p.s. what browser are you using? try different browser as well, maybe chrome or firefox 😉

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

I don't know about anyone else but after this update the webgui does not seem to be updating. Ports are open and still showing server offline

Suggestions please.. Thanks 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 3:46 PM, Hallsy said:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks!

Hallsy

image.png

Did you resolve this - I have the same issue.

• 5 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 12:50 AM, orcrist said:

I fixed this issue myself. It won't work unless the Saved Games folder is on the C drive. 

Wait what? Great. Now I have to move the Dedicated server saved games to my C drive....there's not enough space for my OS and saved games to coexist thanks to the massive size of liveries. 

Creating a Junction to the folder doesn't work. How can I move the dedicated server saved games over to C drive? Or can I manually make a .lst file in the server directory?

Edited by Nealius

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

How can I move the dedicated server saved games over to C drive?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

21 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

More effective than symbolic links? My C drive is too small to moved Saved Games back. I used symbolic links for all my Saved Games in the drive's root folder. This works for DCS client, but is not working for DCS server.

Whelp, my folder Properties does not have a "Location" tab, so can't do it anyway 😞 

Edited by Nealius

12 minutes ago, Nealius said:

More effective than symbolic links?

Symbolic links work fine with normal folders, but "saved games" is a special windows folder .. that’s why it has its own property tab to move it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Symbolic links work fine with normal folders, but "saved games" is a special windows folder .. that’s why it has its own property tab to move it.

Mine does not have a location tab under properties....

EDIT

Something was definitely messed up. I restored Saved Games using a .bat from somewhere, then moved it following your tutorial. I got rid of all the symbolic links and put the folders in my new Saved Games location and now it's working. It seems the dedicated server doesn't ike the saved games folder being in the disk root directory instead of in a "Saved Games" folder, which is strange given none of my other applications, DCS clients included, have a problem with that.

Edited by Nealius

31 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Mine does not have a location tab under properties....

That means that at some time you deleted the Saved Games folder that windows created when you created your user, and you replaced it with a normal folder that happens to be named "saved games"

try this to get it back:

https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/get-games-folder-back-windows-10

edit: sorry, seems that the above tip is not for "saved games" ... Try it using "shell:SavedGames"

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Having trouble managing a server on my LAN

I have installed DCS open beta server.

I have successfully installed and run a mission on this machine that other people can join from around the world.

I can start, stop, manage the server from the local WebGUI.

When I go to my profile page in EagleDynamics website, I can find my server(named 'pickles') and it is active.

The profile page shows the correct server IP (the external IP of my router) and the port.

When I click on the name of my server tho, I do not get the active server as seen in the WebGUI.

Rather, I get a default blank screen with an inactive server named DCS Server (see image below)

If Eagle Dynamics is seen my server on my profile page, why can I not administer it?

The reason I want to do this is because the server is running on a pc in a storeroom and I'd rather not trudge down to the machine when I want to make a change.

Yes I could install VNC but I thought this was an easier way.

null

image.png

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 8:52 AM, skypickle said:

Having trouble managing a server on my LAN

I have installed DCS open beta server.

I have successfully installed and run a mission on this machine that other people can join from around the world.

I can start, stop, manage the server from the local WebGUI.

When I go to my profile page in EagleDynamics website, I can find my server(named 'pickles') and it is active.

The profile page shows the correct server IP (the external IP of my router) and the port.

When I click on the name of my server tho, I do not get the active server as seen in the WebGUI.

Rather, I get a default blank screen with an inactive server named DCS Server (see image below)

If Eagle Dynamics is seen my server on my profile page, why can I not administer it?

The reason I want to do this is because the server is running on a pc in a storeroom and I'd rather not trudge down to the machine when I want to make a change.

Yes I could install VNC but I thought this was an easier way.

null

image.png

Exact same problem for me too. Did you forward port 8088?

Edited by crispy12

• ED Team

We currently have an issue with web gui and server control, it has been reported to the team and they are working on a fix. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Web GUI should be working again now, thank you for your patience. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:35 AM, NightLover said:

Hello to all! Tell me please, how to lauch multiple server instances on 1 PC?

You need to create multiple instances setup. You can do it simply by using different shortcut and using the -w parameters in each of them.
Make sure to create the shortcut of DCS.exe inside bin folder and not to the updater.
Example:

DCS.exe -w Krasnodar

It will create many different folders inside Saved Games, each one with the name of the instances that you choose, in the example Krasnodar.

Take a look at the following post to have more details:

• 3 weeks later...