Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

23 hours ago, Caldero said:

Hi all

Is there any keybinds to move the throttles to idle? I can't find them

Regards

Yes, there's a fuel cut binding for each engine.  I have them bound to buttons on my Virpil throttle which with fine on startup but don't work for shutdown since they don't stay but go back to idle when I release.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

13 hours ago, Uxi said:

Yes, there's a fuel cut binding for each engine.  I have them bound to buttons on my Virpil throttle which with fine on startup but don't work for shutdown since they don't stay but go back to idle when I release.

Thanks!

It works fine for starting the Tomcat

But not working to stop the engine in my warthog throttle neither

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, Spurts said:

still waiting on the weapon select wheel for the RIO.  

MY WAIT IS OVER!  I get it as both a keybind AND an axis option!  I'm so excited!  This has been a quality of life issue for me since day one and while it never prevented my enjoyment of the backseat having it now is going to enhance my enjoyment so much.  Thanks for the great news @IronMike!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Can we get a binding for the red filter for the VDI? We have one for the HUD, but not for the VDI currently.

I suppose we don't have one because there is no actual switch or button for the VDI...just a red plastic overlay that the pilot would stick onto the screen.  That said, I wouldn't mind having a bind for the HUD camera as well, or just a checkbox in the options menu to leave it off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:32 PM, RustBelt said:

Most of the actual pilots here said you mostly just banged it full up or down. To increase or decrease glide path in increments. 

Okay, thank you RustBelt.  I was just watching the smooth inputs the ACLS made with the DLC and was wondering if we were missing a trick.  Forget what I said.  If it's modelled accurately then I'm happy.

Edited by JupiterJoe

On 7/16/2022 at 3:03 AM, JupiterJoe said:

Okay, thank you RustBelt.  I was just watching the smooth inputs the ACLS made with the DLC and was wondering if we were missing a trick.  Forget what I said.  If it's modelled accurately then I'm happy.

Thing is you CAN do that, but just try doing it with 25 or less degrees of rotation on a little wheel with your thumb while hurtling at a carrier deck. 

Given the other fly from the ground stuff they put in the Tomcat (then quickly gave up on) the DLC was probably more for the ACLS to use than the pilot. So the DLC control as it flew was kind of a half thought that really should have been on the throttle not the stick.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RustBelt said:

Thing is you CAN do that, but just try doing it with 25 or less degrees of rotation on a little wheel with your thumb while hurtling at a carrier deck. 

Given the other fly from the ground stuff they put in the Tomcat (then quickly gave up on) the DLC was probably more for the ACLS to use than the pilot. So the DLC control as it flew was kind of a half thought that really should have been on the throttle not the stick.

I was thinking the mouse wheel would've been ideal for this application, but I can't bind anything to it.  Anyway, if real life pilots didn't have variable control of DLC, meaning they could only have it fully deployed/retracted and nothing in between, then that's the way I want it in the sim. 

11 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Anyway, if real life pilots didn't have variable control of DLC, meaning they could only have it fully deployed/retracted and nothing in between, then that's the way I want it in the sim.

They had that control with the thumb wheel on the stick just they did not use it like you thought.

In the game you have both options - either with key/button (full defelection) or with an axis (ideally choose one that is self centered, like it was IRL with the thumb wheel).

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Unfortunately my Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X only has joystick and throttle as axis controls.  The little thumbstick is digital and I currently use it for full in/out DLC.  It ain't pretty, but it works.  Out of curiosity I just switched the throttle axis slider over to DLC, just to sample how good life could be if I had another axis. It was a beautiful thing 🥲  Albeit whilst I was stationary.

Edited by JupiterJoe

Do we have a documented list of bindings available out of the game?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Mouse wheel doesn’t work because it needs to spring back to center. 

on the hotas x the paddle on the throttle is the closest to the real operation. Although with much finer control due to its larger size and using 2 fingers not just a thumb.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have two ideas which I think it would be great to implement:

jester wheel next and previous button: instead of having to use a 8 way pov hat to make the selection, just start from 12h and from there work your way with next and previous.

incremental afterburner selection for the A: a button increasing A ab from zone 1 to 5 since it’s not that easy to have a precise selection with the axis not having 5 detents 

This is still one of my biggest disappointments with sims in 2022. The fact that physical detents, not ffb is still the standard. My stupid car’s infotainment nubbin has dynamic stops and detents! If I went back and told 15 year old me where we end up 30 years later, I probably would have just given up then.

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 1:04 AM, algherghezghez said:

I have two ideas which I think it would be great to implement:

jester wheel next and previous button: instead of having to use a 8 way pov hat to make the selection, just start from 12h and from there work your way with next and previous.

incremental afterburner selection for the A: a button increasing A ab from zone 1 to 5 since it’s not that easy to have a precise selection with the axis not having 5 detents 

By default each section of the wheel is bound to ctrl+Number Key for quick selection.  I have mine bound to a 9-key Osu keypad.

Edited by 9thHunt

On 10/13/2022 at 12:03 PM, 303_Vins said:

No HSD course and Heading  response for binded buttons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually reinstalled F-14, cleaned all files  and   NO RESPONSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well good news, your exclamation point key works. Or is very stuck.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could you add a button binding for ready pre-connect for the tanker like the hornet has? Would be great for VR users

Thanks

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

• 1 month later...

My apologies for the confusion if caused by the below post a week ago.  The fact that the TID DEST or "Waypoint" selector switch has been working as intended.  For unknown reasons, it was not working for me.  I resolved my problem by means of clearing many keyboard keybinds.  I do know how did that work out,  nor was that even the true fix to my problem.  I am glad it is working now.  All is well, and I am happy all the more with THE Heatblur's Grumman F-14.

Please ignore if it is already posted.  I could not get the TID "waypoint"  DEST knob in neither CW nor CCW working for keyboard nor HOTAS/button box keybinds. 

Is this already in the works? Did I do something wrong? Or perhaps it is something I can tinker to have it work? 

Sorry I just got back into the swing of things with the Tomcat and associated DCS updates.  Still my favorite jet to play for sure.

Thanks, Cobra, IronMike, Nequil, and Heatblur team.  😀

P.S: I looked at the luas and can't figure out why it won't work.  Guess I will wait for Heatblur to implement it. 😁👍.

Edited by Pally
Spelling