F-14 BUG REPORTING - READ THIS

Cobra847

Hey Everyone!

Thank you for helping us refine the F-14 and improve the aircraft! We really appreciate it.

From today we will start tagging and tracking bugs. Those bugs verified to be errors will be transferred to our internal bug tracker and fixed. You'll see these tags appear in brackets edited into the title of your bug report.

Please try not to take it too personal if your bug gets marked as [NO BUG] or similar and you're sure it's actually an issue. We'll undoubtedly make mistakes - just raise it to our attention and we'll re-evaluate :)

We do, however, appreciate double checking the manual and other bug reports to ensure that the issue you're reporting is actually a bug. It will save us time!

After some time, [NO BUG] threads will be deleted.

Suggestions posted here (or feature requests) will be moved.

Thank you again for all of your help,

Sincerely,

HB

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Highly appreciate it when there is feedback given and actual work done.

I would only suggest do not delete any [no bug] threads, the next one could then post the same. Just move it over to the normal section.

Maxbe you could also consider a "fixed bug" section to keep the actual bug section better in mind.

Just my 2 cents...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Please try not to take it too personal if your bug gets marked as [NO BUG] or similar and you're sure it's actually an issue. We'll undoubtedly make mistakes - just raise it to our attention and we'll re-evaluate :)

Only if you don't take it too personal when we report issues on this great module ;)

Thanks for hunting them down!

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Highly appreciate it when there is feedback given and actual work done.

I would only suggest do not delete any [no bug] threads, the next one could then post the same. Just move it over to the normal section.

+1, thought the same. Things getting deleted after a while just makes them pop up again probably, plus there might be some good information in those threads nevertheless that'd get lost. I'd create an archive section for them if you don't want them to be bumped up by discussions anymore or, as mentioned by viper, put them back to the regular section. That way, they'd still be there for the ones who use the search function though.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I would like to make a suggesiton.

It would be great if we had a closed and stickied thread that you guys use to list all of the reported, logged and tracked bugs so that we have a single place to read all the known issues currently brought to your attention, and then have the, removed from the lost as they are resolved. You could also list all the common issues that are reported as bugs but are actually features, likes flaps breaking from rough landings. The list could be updated on the same schedule as the game’s updates. This would give us a single, official place to check wether an issues has already been brough to your attention, and might help cut down om the many repeated bug reports.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Edited by Sergeant_Hamlet

G-forces bug

in the f-14 whenever i pull to many g's instead of getting the fade to black i get green letters and lines that rapidly change with a black background. you can still see everything except it's covered by the green letters and numbers. now just going back to it on my stream highlights it doesn't show the green letters and number but an instant jump into blackness. there is no fade. highly confused. here is the stream just skip through until you find it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/404463311

All I can say is hats off to you fine gentlemen and the work you are doing with trying to get this complicated aircraft simulated as close to reality as possible.

During a break from flying duties I was the simulator manager for our training sim on base and worked closely with a group of programmers from an external company located in the same building that worked full-time on getting the simulator performance and systems to behave as close to the actual aircraft as possible. Needless to say this was a huge undertaking with constant programming tweaks, bug smashing, system testing and test flying happening for the two years I was there, with no end in sight. Word of advice..don't start simulating malfunctions also lol.

Good luck - and guys go easy on them..simulating an aircraft like this is not a simple matter.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know, I know, working on modules is not as easy as we customer think it is.

So, I would like to ask if it would be possible that you (Heatblur) could share with us a list of all aknowledged bugs?

This would give us a better feeling (to know that something annoying is already known and that it will be worked on), saves a lot of people from posting the same bug again and again (I think I've read 5 bug reports only to the bugged active pause) and finaly saves your time from reading trough all bug reports again...

Thx a lot in advance.

I'm happy with the Tomcat. It is really in a very complete state. Well done!

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Dear everyone,

as of today, all your bug reports (up until now), have been logged and marked. Thank you so much for your continued reports, we appreciate the help very much!

The bug reports have been marked as follows:

[bUG] (means it is a bug, and added to our internal tracker. [bUG?] means we are not sure yet if bug, or not.)

[NO BUG] (means it is not a bug, note this could still be for example an occulus rift bug, but in any case it is not a bug related to the F14 or DCS in general)

[WIP] (means this item is not fully developed yet and will be improved over time)

[RESOLVED] (means the bug has been fixed or is not present anymore, note I have marked older CTD reports as resolved, as we would like to see if new CTDs happen with the last and next patch and need to further investigate new reports, so that old CTDs that might have been fixed and new CTDs do not get mixed up)

[KNOWN ISSUE] (means this bug has already been tracked internally)

[KNOWN ISSUE WIP] (means this is partially bug, partially an item still in development or a bug resulting due to an item still being in development and tracked internally)

[DCS BUG] (means it is a bug on DCS side and we are working together with ED to resolve the issue)

[DCS BUG RESOLVED] (means it is a bug on DCS side that has been fixed by ED)

Please note that we can very well make mistakes and please do not take it personally, if your bug might have been marked wrongly. simply let us know in a reply in the thread. Bugs can of course also reappear, even if fixed previously.

Please also note that we did not reply to all threads, but every marked report means that we are saying "thank you!" - we appreciate every report, bug or not!

Lastly, please be so kind and do not edit the markings on your own, simply leave us a new reply and we will remark it, if necessary. Else it will become easy for us to lose track. (Please also do not add markings on your own for new reports, it is easiest for us to mark them ourselves). Thank you.

Also, please do not mind too much if you report a bug twice, we have it rather twice than not at all. You all have contributed greatly to help us improve the Tomcat, and I cannot stress enough how grateful we are!

A list of all tracked bugs atm is not very feasible for us, I would recommend to quickly use the search function, if you do not find anything related, simply post your report and we will take a look.

Best regards from the Heatblur Team and thank you again!

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys!

Ive noticed on startup, when setting the radar altimeter and testing, it doesnt have the same audible sound tied to the 3 sequence press for the warning alarm. I noticed it on f-16 release date, and it still is this way. sure you have noticed or heard

the other thing that would be extremely helpful is the ability to map and bind the HUD Brightness, TV brightness and TID brightness to accessories. find myself using these alot, mixed with GAIN when flying in different enviornments.

love it, you guys are great. thank you

• 4 months later...

Would it be within any 3rd party module contributor's freedom to raise a bug tracker outside the eagle.ru domain?

There are support cases with page count aiming at the hundreds and a forum is hardly eligible to efficiently track, categorize, priorize, tag-manage support cases. This goes for all of DCS, not only HB, but I wonder more about what has to stay under ED's umbrella and what has not.

Would it be within any 3rd party module contributor's freedom to raise a bug tracker outside the eagle.ru domain?

There are support cases with page count aiming at the hundreds and a forum is hardly eligible to efficiently track, categorize, priorize, tag-manage support cases. This goes for all of DCS, not only HB, but I wonder more about what has to stay under ED's umbrella and what has not.

This was discussed before. Neither ED or HB will make their own bug trackers public.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

It would mean more time spent by us, though I understand it would be more comfy for at least some of you. But we would still have to administer the forums here, and I think so far no bug has slipped by us for long. It is not that the thought didnt cross our minds, but atm time doesn't allow for it. Maybe after final release, when everything is just a bit less. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I am experiencing problems flying F14. The problem is that I have sttutering every 5 seconds, the screen freezes and is very annoying. This happens only when I am on the ground, once I take off the problem disappears. I have experienced this problem in DCS World Open Beta and official DCS World. The installation of both versions of DCS World is on two different ssd hard drives and in both versions I have the same problem. My specs are i7 7820x 32GB ram at 3800mhz gtx 1080ti.

Thank you.

CPU: I7 7820X

RAM: 32GB 4133Mhz

GPU: GTX 1080 TI

Water Cooling: Custom EKWB <3

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to post a request inthere about the radio of F14 (Rio or not Rio)I did read on another post several players complaining about this stuff with no answer good enough to fix it.

As well single player as multiplayer.

Manual input frequency: nothing

Presets channels : nothing

Bind button to mic An/Arc 182 : nothing

Bind button to An/Arc 159 : nothing

Bind button to easy comms : nothing

Check Fm/ Am from Rio seat : nothing

We can't obtain an answer by the tanker or tower or anything else by radio vhf or uhf.Some player have not the problem and some have it.

Some players have fixed it by reinstall module some don't get even after reinstall.

I wonder what is the right way to get this stuff working or maybe at least the wrong way which is the bug.

Maybe a good fellow is aware and could point out a fix,please?

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

On carrier qualifications I've had another Tomcat flying awfully close and rapid up/down movements during final.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3296 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

• 2 months later...

Hi,

git big problems since the last update. There are no Inputs anymore. No stick, no keyboard or anything. I updated the Folder manually. From F-14B to F-14

thanks

Update:

I perfomed a deep repair and now it works fine!

Edited by AirBoss85
Update

• 1 month later...

POSSIBLE TEXTURE BUG (backlighting/alpha channel)

Hi, first of all, awesome job! Pity the cockpit is hardly readable, so I made F-14 VUX mod to help us with a less-than-eagle's-eyesight! 😉 ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313661/ ) .

While modding, I worked with alpha channel to allow for red backlight to illuminate writings and other details, but I found out the following problems originating from the original textures (see referenced pictures)

PROBLEM 1 (RIO): No backlight in the AN/ALE-39 lower panel.

***FIXED*** PROBLEM 2 (RIO): In the weapon type window at night, there is an illuminated "TURN TURN" written on the glass while the writings on the rotating cylinder are not lit and not visible (they are with the flashlight).

PROBLEM 3 (Pilot): In the FLAPS/SLATS/WHEELS/AIRBRAKES indicator, the dollseyes are not illuminated and hardly visible at night (they are with the flashlight). It is as if the glass is too thick and darkened and makes them hazy.

PROBLEM 4 (Pilot): No backlighting for the ENG MODE / ASYM LIMITER panel.

I understand that maybe 1 and 4 are not bugs if the real Tomcat is made that way... but how could I have alpha channel "recognized" for those textures?

Thanks, keep up the awesomeness!!!Tomcat bugs.jpg

Edited by Mike Wazowsky

• 1 month later...