New A-10 model..

Yeniceri

OK, iґm so sorry searching for realism. If you can live with it, fine, iґm struggle with it. Each to his own. :thumbup:

€.

Thx. SuperKungfu, thats what i want to know.

well, you can allways un-install it , if it makes ya struggle .

just a suggestion .

to each his own , good stuff .

:thumbup:

cheers again .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The different positions can be change as to what shows I.E the sides of the nose the front landing gear the wheel covers if thats what your asking

I think the numbering position cannot be changed.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

and for the record, in the future, comparing a model picture to a real picture is never a good reference since your angle is wayyy off. If you are off by just a little bit (which you are on those 2 pictures), everything doesn't look right. You have to compare it to reference layouts, not pictures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my.php?image=a101oe8.jpg

and for the record, in the future, comparing a model picture to a real picture is never a good reference since your angle is wayyy off. If you are off by just a little bit (which you are on those 2 pictures), everything doesn't look right. You have to compare it to reference layouts, not pictures.

A slightly view upwards wouldnt change a thing.

You mean references like this, for example? (from http://www.airwar.ru/ )

a101oe8.th.jpg%5Da10aag7.jpg

The Nose Section is not accurate, and there is no doubt about. You dont have to tell me anything else.

• Like 2

Ok This is not productive The model is not perfect its not a perfect world This is Yeniceri's first model with over 240 days of work in to it no one else stepped up for the A-10. So lets go fly and not argue.:thumbup:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Can you look for the file A-10-tga.cdds (or very similar, sorry I'm not able to access my PC right now) in modman and uninstall that. This will knock out many other features, but I'd be curious to see if it resolves the issue.

Unfortunately, not; in fact, it got worst. After uninstalling that file, I had to move much more than before the point of view for tha black layer to dissapear :huh:

@ Mustang:

Yes I get that bug with AIM-9 where previously I had Walmis's weapons pack installed. What I did now is used the previous AIM-9 model and realigned the missile a bit and it's all good now.

No longer active in DCS...

He he...

Flew her for the first time... had to RTB, the gear button wasn't mapped :D (those jumpy thirty something imaginary keys of X52...)

But she's OK, in one piece.

Clipboard01-2.jpg

Man... I miss those "full Shaddows" sniff sniff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

i nannot undersatnd people who still argue about mistakes in a model. why you just need to pick on that?

there is no need to do that, and to be honest, the model is for free and many, really, many people have put hours of work into this project to get the bird flying.

seriously, we should give the crap about guys who talk about the correctnes of the model, cause who wnat to have it real should go to the us air force and fly the hog there.

guys, just one advise, just enjoy the models, and wait for further projects you can pick on again, LOL

boom boom out, thanks

• Like 2

i nannot undersatnd people who still argue about mistakes in a model.

I agree, model is wonderful, but as KungFu said in FAQ, some elements are not modelled cause it was so small and let's say aren't important. I don't fly A-10, for me it is crap, but I am happy to see new model which isn't ugly and with Frogfoot baby is prettiest models in the game. If somebody think something is bad, simple don't use it, or if u can do better, but if u can't better say nothing and be happy to fly model which is extremally better than oryginal. Of course everybody can criticise but all has their limits. :)

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It apears that the ailerons should have the moving joint a bit forward than the one for airbrake (modeled actually). Was that one of the limitation that had to be accepted as is cause of the game engine?

Here are two svcreenshots:

ScreenShot_018.jpg

ScreenShot_024.jpg

In this picture I see the ailerons moving on a forward joint

01102401rj3.jpg

Anyway... I have found a real A-10 with a problem at the nose :P

535onnosefd9.jpg

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The ailerons were one of the things that were missed early on in the project, and going back to the point required to re-model them would have set up back at least a month. As such, we decided that we could live with them the way they are.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea because if you just change how the animation works (in your mind it might seem easy) but then you have to push back the interior of the airbrake. And then you gotta worry about the skin...etc. So yea that was missed during the early part, it was kinda hard to tell these things when the plane was blue without a skin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MODEL!!!!! :D:D:D

btw, the skins are so beautiful, but I remember seeing a screen or a movie that's a grey skin but with the shark mouth. That doesn't seem to be in one of my skin slots. Am i missing something?

The template for the skins is being reworked.

The cockpit as it is now

ScreenShot_095.jpg

The reworked cockpit

ScreenShot_096.jpg

Guys you need to remember this is the first model for the Sim-Mod crew. Mistakes were made the best decisions were made to complete the project this is not an excuse its just the reality of what happens in life.

Yes the ADI has been fixed

• Like 1

It is very understandable guys, we all know the saying "5hit happens"... natural tendency but, I was thinking maybe when you have time you can go back to her and fix those minor things, just to make her as you wanted from the first place.

IMHO setting as some goal from the start that you wouldn't retouch your work after is done is a bit unwise. I remember that from the start Yeniceri stated that SIM MOD team wouldn't not make updates after release and I thought is not the best decision, thus the release date gets pushed towards "two weeks be sure" and raises the expectations to... max :).

Another thing... we all hate when we go and buy a game and the game is unusable because the developer didn't wanted to spend resources/money on beta-testing so he makes the beta-testing on the first batch of buyers that immediately report the problems (and the loss of hair) then they come with the fixes via a "patch"... but, not in this field guys. We are here to help... we all can beta-test till the "kingdom come" and have no problem about it as with any open/free project. There is no shame in "Oh, I missed that out... will fix it soon".

Basically what we appreciate in the end more is the effort and not the perfection of the result.

I don't know if you will change your decision for the A-10 but, for the future projects I hope so, having a whole community putting the shoulder is rewarding on the long term.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is wrong??

Just take a look at a real Plane.

dm670copyhp5.jpg

and the Model

80664608bl2copykf9.jpg

You see the difference??

Also look at the angle of the Canopy, the cover of the nose landing gear and the vertical tail

Hey man, your screenshot has wrong aspect ratio, all proportions and angles on your screenshot are distorted, no wonder why such huge diffrence compared to RL photo - even both tails look odd and wheels lool like eggs

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

greetings ,

dont forget gentlemen , ALOT of us , were kind of giving those modders , THE RUSH . release date , release date , release date ?

its an awesome mod . nothing in this world is perfect .

as opposed to looking for small inperfections in the model , i am up up and away , flying it . and pounding ground .

ZOOM OUT A BIT .

you guys have this plane , put under the microscope , for crying out loud .

over 250 days,of hard work , went into this . that deserves ALOT OF ,,,,, RESPECT .

S! ,BIG TIME .

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:,,ongoing thumbs up again , to yeniceri , and the team .

cheers .

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is very understandable guys, we all know the saying "5hit happens"... natural tendency but, I was thinking maybe when you have time you can go back to her and fix those minor things, just to make her as you wanted from the first place.

IMHO setting as some goal from the start that you wouldn't retouch your work after is done is a bit unwise. I remember that from the start Yeniceri stated that SIM MOD team wouldn't not make updates after release and I thought is not the best decision, thus the release date gets pushed towards "two weeks be sure" and raises the expectations to... max :).

Another thing... we all hate when we go and buy a game and the game is unusable because the developer didn't wanted to spend resources/money on beta-testing so he makes the beta-testing on the first batch of buyers that immediately report the problems (and the loss of hair) then they come with the fixes via a "patch"... but, not in this field guys. We are here to help... we all can beta-test till the "kingdom come" and have no problem about it as with any open/free project. There is no shame in "Oh, I missed that out... will fix it soon".

Basically what we appreciate in the end more is the effort and not the perfection of the result.

I don't know if you will change your decision for the A-10 but, for the future projects I hope so, having a whole community putting the shoulder is rewarding on the long term.

I'm sorry to re-affirm this position, but never the less, the decision has been made.

Going back to the stage where the ailerons could be modelled for example, would most likely require a complete new UV-unwrap, which in turn would require all of the skinning to be re-done at the very least. Models of this complexity simply can not be 'tweaked' without consequences.

Unfortunately beta testing on this community is also out. Even with the beta builds within the A-10 team itself, keeping track of which files were where and which affected what quite often resulted in us having to restore a backup copy of Lockon that we kept on our hard drives, and we knew what we were doing with it. Subjecting a community who in some cases are not experienced in editing of meint files, tables and configurations is not very good for PR, and will put people off of the work that we are doing.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The team have nothing to apologize for. The A10 looks fan-friggen-tastic and the only thing missing is the fact that I can't smell or feel the heat from the exhaust fumes.. maybe the team can work on that too if they have the time ;) .

Guys please read the "Thoughts from the team" section of pdf readme and I think you'll see why this project is complete. It was a huge undertaking to produce a package like this and I can only imagine the amount of time they took out from their own lives to bring us this model. I know it may seem to some that a minor change wouldn't take long to achieve but it's like a chain reaction which would most likely lead to several hours of painting, reshaping, testing, writing, uploading, updating etc. I hope the team are just chilling out with a beer and actually enjoying the A10 like the rest of us, I bet it's a relief for them to actually fly for fun rather than just testing.

Looks great! :v:

a10x2hg7.jpg

• Like 3

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Guys, it is not about not having respect for the work SIM MOD team has done. Respect has nothing to do with criticism. Criticism (IMHO) is good for reality check and improving things in general. Actually many times not being critic is a lack of respect.

For me those Ailerons are minor things... really but, for the creators of this model it should have been like a scratch on a diamond.

The big problem for me is the meinit.xml which is not edited by the installer but replaced with one from another install of (basically) another user. Now I have for example my Su-25T selection of skins disabled but I have 10 or more skins (names in the drop down list) that I don't have installed. And what happens when I try to install the next mod or maybe the next ED patch that will overwrite the Meinit.xml from this one?

Now, when adding the fact that the SIM MOD team says "we will not go back to it" you get a simple unsolvable problem. Which is called obstacle usually :D .

Now, please don't jump on me as I just want to raise some problems in a rational manner and try to justify why they should be addressed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]