WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.5.29 RELEASE

WINWING

Dear pilots,

Please waiting for more info about our joystick, it's more than it look like.

You don't want it now because you think it's the same as the one you have.

No, I'm not underestimating your stick, it looks great enough.

But 'throttle-only' purchase will be a good option for the users who prefer high quality non-conventional joystick like FSSB/FCC(force sensing), Brunner(force feedback) etc. Additionally it will be more affordable.

Anyway, it's just a recommendation, I respect your sales plan.

I would also be interested in purchasing a throttle only, as I already purchased a quality stick recently (VKB) and cannot/do not want to replace it now.

My thrustmaster throttle however is in desperate need of replacement, and this throttle looks awesome.

Hope you will be offering that as an option soon.

The most clever part is how modular the system is. Don’t want the current panel on the throttle? Just remove it or swap with something else. The grips on the throttle and joystick are also exchangeable and this has a huge implication. Imagine having the right throttle or joystick grip/replica whenever you fly a particular plane, and swap them when you fly a different plane.

If they can manage the supply chain and inventory as well as having easy to access purchasing/shipping options, the competitions will be in serious trouble (the other guys business models are still in the dark ages, improving but not much)—and it seems that they have a capacity to do so based on other more expensive stuffs that are sold on their website.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Thanks WinWing, I'm so in as well. I'll take 2, ASAP.

Sorry if this has been answered, but are the desk mounts adjustable in height? I assume they are, it's just difficult to tell from the pictures.

I love what this Hotas looks like it has to offer. Modularity, and metal construction. As I've posted, I've been waiting for someone in China to create such a monster, as the current "new" hotas makers all have their manufacturing done in China as well. An "in house" hotas like this can have a lot of advantages in terms of time to get parts, create and innovate, etc. Great work WinWing, I can't wait to get my hands on this and wring it out. Very impressed with what I'm seeing.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Love it.. really do.. but why why waste all that space and switches on the "ground power" switches which pilots DO NOT USE AT ALL. Those switches are wasted in a sim. Those are only for us maintainers to use on the ground. Why not remove them and use some other useful switches there instead other than going for the full replica when it's wasted space and switches.

You should ask this question to the designed of the F/A-18C

I already invested a lot of money in a base and grip few months ago. So wasting money (this kind of money) on both stick and throttle is not an option. Probably your stick i know...

But if it will be possible to buy only the throttle and its panel it will be a day one buy for me

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hello, can buy the HOTAS in EU Store to avoid taxes? Because if not the final price will rise a lot...

Thanks you!!!

You can't avoid VAT. No other taxes/customs fees should apply to the HOTAS in the EU. Shipping could be less, of course.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hello, can buy the HOTAS in EU Store to avoid taxes? Because if not the final price will rise a lot...

Thanks you!!!

You can't avoid VAT. No other taxes/customs fees should apply to the HOTAS in the EU. Shipping could be less, of course.

You do avoid handling fees amounting to ~10€, plus potentially months of delay, and the risk of them messing up the notification and then returning to sender, plus you do know upfront exactly what you will be paying, but yes, in that case Winwing or their distributor would be paying (and charging) the VAT.

And if numbers are large enough (they are for VKB) they can save money by using slow boat transport China->EU.

You do avoid handling fees amounting to ~10€, plus potentially months of delay, and the risk of them messing up the notification and then returning to sender, plus you do know upfront exactly what you will be paying, but yes, in that case Winwing or their distributor would be paying (and charging) the VAT.

And if numbers are large enough (they are for VKB) they can save money by using slow boat transport China->EU.

WingWin will have to get some certificates (like CE approval and that costs money) to be able to sell the HOTAS in the EU. They will have to pay handling fees and the slow boat transport from China, too. All that will have to be payed by the customer in the end. So I don't think it will get much cheaper than self import in the end.

Wingwin stated they will find an EU warehouse to sell their product, so eventually we will be able to compare prices.

I'll order directly from them.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.