Updates

Eagle7907

Seriously just wanna take a moment and thank the whole HB team for their hard work and trying to keep us all updated as much as possible. You seriously can’t say that about a few of the 3rd party devs (not pointing fingers, we all know who they are). Remember, this is all being done while they’re working on the A model cat too as well as their other projects (A6).

Are there bugs? Yes, obviously. Are they bad enough to keep my cat on the sidelines? Hell no. If anything the more we fly the cat the better feedback and data we can get to HB for improvements and fixes.

Yes, as mentioned in other threads, we are the testers for the F-14B and I am so happy to be able to do so for Heatblur. Great work, and I can;t say how much I enjoy this aircraft! Can't wait for the F-14A!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as mentioned in other threads, we are the testers for the F-14B and I am so happy to be able to do so for Heatblur. Great work, and I can;t say how much I enjoy this aircraft! Can't wait for the F-14A!

Thats a big +1 from me Ghostrider. :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seriously just wanna take a moment and thank the whole HB team for their hard work and trying to keep us all updated as much as possible. You seriously can’t say that about a few of the 3rd party devs (not pointing fingers, we all know who they are). Remember, this is all being done while they’re working on the A model cat too as well as their other projects (A6).

Are there bugs? Yes, obviously. Are they bad enough to keep my cat on the sidelines? Hell no. If anything the more we fly the cat the better feedback and data we can get to HB for improvements and fixes.

I'd rather have them finish the Viggen (as promised for the end of last year) rather than jump on an A-6 or even the -A.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update and no F-14 patches. Seriously, wtf?!

AI is completely broken on carrier ops, they start with wings unfolded and can't launch on catapult.

Even human players cat launches don't always work since Shift+U won't do anything.

I guess I have to switch to Hornet since it works and does not have these bugs.

Edited by Blinde

AI is completely broken on carrier ops, they start with wings unfolded and can't launch on catapult.

Even human players cat launches don't always work since Shift+U won't do anything.

Never had a problem with Shift-U. Both in regular and beta. Hmm.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Have only had ai start with extended wings once, reloading fixed it. Have never had issues with cat launch other than a delay from time I salute till launch but havent even had that in a few weeks. If you have issues with hookup make sure front gear is compressed completely and that the aircraft is in the proper position.

Have only had ai start with extended wings once, reloading fixed it. Have never had issues with cat launch other than a delay from time I salute till launch but havent even had that in a few weeks. If you have issues with hookup make sure front gear is compressed completely and that the aircraft is in the proper position.

This happens something like 2/10 launches. Front gear is compressed, hooked on the shuttle. Salute and nothing happens. Throttles to idle, sometimes is launches then and barely get throttles to military power. Sometimes just have to disconnect the shuttle and reconnect etc.

Uh, what?

You do realize we patched just last patch? :)

Here is the changelog from last week:

• Fixed Jester doing only one action when asked to perform a series of actions of the same type.
  • Fixed negative values (formatted as large positive 32bit integer) showing up for TID contacts' altitude.
  • Fixed bad limiter input on fuel probe yaw moment
  • Fixed Jester radio tune and similar commands

Our next changes will ship on Wednesday.

FWIW; the AI issues are changes on the DCS side due to changes how AI are animated. We're working to fix all of the issues arising from these changes.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...

Updates

Again, nice update guys! Keep up the excellent work. Making great strides!

DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=200724&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D200724&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

36f1e3329cc0b5c8f3ee8c9e9cf7807f.gif

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Again, nice update guys! Keep up the excellent work. Making great strides!

DCS World 2.5 Changelog and Updates of Open Beta

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=74365&share_tid=200724&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D200724&share_type=t

Huh?, .. I have no idea what you are reading, .. but, I don't see any updates for the Tomcat.

.. for today's OB Update 2.5.5.33057

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Ok I like today's update but have a question what does Ct stand for , probably having a dull moment but I am not sure what the abbreviation means.

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Look again, all the way at bottom, make sure you view last page too.

Look again, all the way at bottom, make sure you view last page too.

Apologies, .. it looks like the changelog was updated since I saw it earlier today, .. there was nothing for the F-14 in the original changelog.

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Ok I like today's update but have a question what does Ct stand for , probably having a dull moment but I am not sure what the abbreviation means.

It means "coefficient of thrust". :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Overpost

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Edited by WindyTX

GTX 1080 Has its uses

It means "coefficient of thrust". :)

Thanks so much for the Aero Eng degree lol

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I tried looking up something like "drag ct" on the internet, but even google couldn't tell me... 1:0 for HB luna-trcv.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

After the last update the jet feels and behaves a lot better and smoother now.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

After the last update the jet feels and behaves a lot better and smoother now.

Agree - I thought it seemed much harder to rip the wings off and I could go at things a little more aggressively. Just have to remember she is not a Hornet and pulling crazy high AoA will just get me shot down.

I found it: It‘s fuel flow divided by Thrust, so „thrust-specific fuel consumption“

https://www.fzt.haw-hamburg.de/pers/Scholz/arbeiten/TextBensel.pdf

EDIT: Ah just saw cobra already answered it :doh:

Cobra? :huh:

That was IronMike ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg