Wish List

Boneski

It was never about giving the other guy a fair fight. NEVER.

Whether through superior machines, tactics, teamwork, number, and/or surprise/ambush it was always about making it an unfair as possible for the other guy, and thus guaranteeing your own victory.

FC2 provides you with a great deal of more fairness than the real world ever will.

Being pilot thro history was about to have honor in first place, to give opportunity to oponent for fair fight.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wait to see that what new patch for 2.0 brings to us after you crippled Russian planes totally, specially SU 27 and SU 33 which are mostly useless in your measure of so-called "realism" After that if stays the same I will quit flying LO forever. You "promo" for platinum editon is AGAIN filled with F-15 and A-10 in first place as something "superior" Are they really?

Su-27S are hmmm maybe not wrecks but old. I agree in movie there should be more another planes, FTW only few seconds for Frog... :C

Is that a reason you dont allow active missiles to SU 27 and SU 33 as inpropriate???

Hmmm I didn't know real grandpa like Su-27S can engage target via active missiles. ;)

I must say I expected much more from ED as someone who has more then 500 flying hours in LO per year for last 4 years (which is much much more then any pilots i know) and as leader of 45 member (pilots) squadron. I didn't expect you will make wishes come true only for half of community, and totaly ignore people which flying Russian planes.

ED made wishes for those who want more realism in game.

I didn't post here to say any wish coz I dont believe you will want to hear any. I wanted to say, I am very dissopointed after I dedicated 4 years of my life to LO. One buddy from one known squadron said to me soon: I love to fly and F 15 and SU's, but when I fly F 15 and other ppl fly SU's, they cant enjoy this game anymore. If they can't anymore, I can't enjoy too. I can't fly alone. He chellanged anyone of F 15 pilots to fly against him with SU 27. Nobody accepted, guess why????? So ED ppl, think again before you break a part this small community. Think again where this leads to.

I doubt if real Su-27S pilot would be happy flying against F-15C, so why LO pilot should be?

I've said whats on my mind and whats in my heart. With 2.0 you bring to community ultimatum. Fly superior F 15 with incredable AIM 120C almighty or DIE and be sitting duck. All your promo's and pics screaming that. Since I don't want to fly F 15, I guess this game is over for me forever.

As everyone you have right to say whatever you think :) Finally we have good 120C as it should have been done long time ago. I agree in pictures area. In FC 2.0 there is too much F-15 pics in menus. Where are Su-33, Su-25T?, A-10, Su-27 (one pic LOL) and rest planes.

And for the end, maybe I have one wish after all I saw lately, which is unique and impossible. Bring back old good 1.12 to us, because I forget how is to have fun. I would raither play Sims with my lil daughter then be downgraded for mighty rangers noobs spammers in F 15. Wish ya all best

Hope this won't happen, due to known reasons :]

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

My wishlist for the next FC patch or somehting... fix the missile smoke trails. How come it has been made sooo light? Most RL videos of missile trails have dense thick smoke trails, FC1's smoke was looking closer to RL than FC2.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Haven't seen it said yet:

AWACS calling an actual picture with Bullseye. Bullseye info on the radar. Ability to command wingman to sort, and STAY IN FORMATION while he shoots etc.

I second that! Annoying as hell not having a functional bullseye...

no wing vapor when turning hard?

Why not?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

wait wtf there is?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

can someone take a screenshot so i can see this?

Here you go, check attachements.

ScreenShot_010.thumb.jpg.81a7f73e7d1fb3ea9b8d8996d1a3db7a.jpg

ScreenShot_013.thumb.jpg.c05b3e2e7e60925322c964b7b9489655.jpg

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Seems to take 6g for it to appear, would be better if it was a little less, 6g is quite a lot, especially with a full load.

Better according to what criteria? I don't think FC2 actually takes atmospheric conditions into account for this while real-life does (indeed, in some conditions you can get them even at 1g).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

oh no no no not that. Im talking about this.

http://www.schultzairshows.com/f15-vapor.jpg

thats not the vapor that appears below the sound barrier, either. that appears when pulling lots of G at high speeds.

go to 2:00

As you can see when he pulls G at high speeds his wings are covered with vapor.

Actually, that's the same thing as what happens at the wingtips, technically speaking (but with different geometry).

And it's not technically vapour. That's clouds. (Pressure drops to the point where the air can no longer carry the water as vapor, and clouds form, further from the aircraft pressure equalizes back and the air re-absorbs the water.)

But no. That's not modelled. The wingtip thing is, as far as I know, a scripted thing to display the most common visual manifestation of all the various tricks the air plays around an aerofoil at high loading/AoA, but do remember that it's not really the G's themselves that are doing it. Going to a high-load scenario rather has the common effect of tweaking various shockwaves and their related low-pressure zones to cause cloud generation.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Su-25 can do vapor only in high speed.... in real life youtube videos it does even just after take off.... also their wings are "fluttering" when flying - in LO neither vapor nor flutter.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Actually, that's the same thing as what happens at the wingtips, technically speaking (but with different geometry).

And it's not technically vapour. That's clouds. (Pressure drops to the point where the air can no longer carry the water as vapor, and clouds form, further from the aircraft pressure equalizes back and the air re-absorbs the water.)

But no. That's not modelled. The wingtip thing is, as far as I know, a scripted thing to display the most common visual manifestation of all the various tricks the air plays around an aerofoil at high loading/AoA, but do remember that it's not really the G's themselves that are doing it. Going to a high-load scenario rather has the common effect of tweaking various shockwaves and their related low-pressure zones to cause cloud generation.

Its more like this. Air pressure has 2 components:

1-dry air pressure

2-vapour pressure

When air passes over an airfoil of an aircraft at a high pronouced angle of attack, the gas speed at the leading edge accelerates suddenly and by the Bernoulli equation the static pressure drops, making the vapor pressure superimpose that of dry ar becoming visible by naked eye. Other way to explain is that title of water vapour changes as static gas pressure drops.

What you described above happens during precipitation which is a different phenomenae. (occurs at the saturation limit) :)

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

From what I recall it's the same thing that happens, but caused by different input - for example you can have the same thing happen inside an air-operated pump (though in that case it's much more fun to study the temperature effects since the pressure changes are radical enough that some really neat things happen).

Have a math example of the difference, as you see it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Teknetinium - the big question is: apply it to more places based on what? AoA? IAS? Mach? I don't think any such mod would ever be able to do more than add a texture, and due to the visibility effects such stuff might have there is a case to be made that it would be a cheat online.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I asked about this a few years back, it just wasn't anywhere near the top of the "To Do" lists. The effect itself is as has been stated above, dependent on a lot of atmospherics. But it would be cool.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region