F-16 or F/A-18?

F-16 or F/A-18?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. F-16 or F/A-18?

• F-16
    • F/A-18
    • No preference between those two

F/A-18 C/D/G, 6DOF, Clickable cockpit, avionics, radios, advance carrier ops. And then an AH-1 plus HH-60 plus UH-1N plus.... plus... plus...

LOL

I just like that they are able to do C/D maybe G that would do it. C for air, D for ground and G for support.

Best regards

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Um, the G model is a Super Hornet, not a Hornet, but then again an E or F wouldn't hurt :)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Just noticed the post Aeroscout... that's my speculation (about the coding, and implementation), though the early shots of the F/A-18 model sparked interest, but Eagle or Matt never totally came around and told us how it was going to be implemented. Again either I just didn't pay too much attention or they really didn't say something, it was so long ago that I lost the original pictures..

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

i always thought that the f-18 had the best 3d model! even when compared to the other flyables, maybe they did plan it as a flyable.

Indeed they did. It's just that by the lock on release time much of F/A-18 avionics and related stuff were still heavily classified and it still is.

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Apparently, you do. Also throw in an explanation as to why the 18 is currently holding a better than 3-1 lead over the 16.

Thats easy to explain, this is a russian game, and lets be frank, not a stronghold for F4 fans either, by definition the F-16 haters outnumbers its supporters arround here. I already knew the F-16 would be smashed in this poll but consider the universe of people who dont post on these forums who have never played LOMAC wouldnt care less about comparisons between it and falcon 4 or any bickery between the 2 communities, and the result would completely different. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well, ED could make both :D I think it's just a matter of which comes first. I suppose it matters though... were already waiting more than 27 months for a fighter.

I'm still sticking with the F/A-18. And goya's right, the F/A-18 seems to be much more popular.

@Pilotasso: I don't think anyone hates the F-16, I think they just prefer the Hornet.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thats easy to explain, this is a russian game, and lets be frank, not a stronghold for F4 fans either, by definition the F-16 haters outnumbers its supporters arround here. I already knew the F-16 would be smashed in this poll but consider the universe of people who dont post on these forums who have never played LOMAC wouldnt care less about comparisons between it and falcon 4 or any bickery between the 2 communities, and the result would completely different. ;)

F-16 haters? Because someone prefers LO to F4, they hate the F-16?

What would LO being Russian have to do with wanting the F/A-18 before the F-16?

The question is about two planes, not two sims.

You dindt properly interpret what I said. Just take aside any heart feeling you think I had to see it.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Apparently, you do. Also throw in an explanation as to why the 18 is currently holding a better than 3-1 lead over the 16.

As an owner of F4 and Lock On I would prefer the F-18 Superhornet if it could be done. The F-16 has been done over so many times that I think its time for something else. Although the F-18 in Falcon 3.0 series(cheesy sim but good for it's time) was done also Janes F-18 are the only attempts I think with ED's developers and their experience you could get a really great sim. Think about the F-18 and the scope of it's capabilities. IMHO I think you can get the abilites of the F-16 and thensome especially with the Superhornet.

A little opinion...The dynamic campaign system in F4 was a great contributor to the popularity of F4. I guess a much needed dynamic campaign system would help the success of any future DCS project.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thats not the reason why the Hornet is more popular in this poll the main reason why is because of the fact there is only Janes F/A-18 as far as Hornet sims go and its time for a new Hornet sim. If an F-16 addon was done it would be quite popular and you can bet the millions of F4 players would probably get it as well. The real answer is not to do just an F-16 or just F/A-18 the best way is to do both. BTW the majority of simmers have both F4 and LO but game play wise F4 is more popular due to its features. Don't let the low numbers on HL fool you since most now are probably also using RV and OF. Advantages of a Hornet addon would be Carrier ops and the ability to do alot of different mission types. An F-16 addon would limit you to runways only but it would still be very popular and likely OF players would probably be able to jump in and fly it with very little extra trainning. Hornet on the other hand would require more trainning for most people which is the fun part of simming learning new stuff and sinking the other guys boat.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]