Militariy Aircraft Mod

On 2/18/2023 at 7:26 PM, flyingscotsman said:

Could I ask for a DC-10 Skin so I can use the Tri'star in the  Falklands map, I went from Ascension, mount pleasant and back on a flight as extra radio operator as we were having a problem with comms at that time, thanks in advance

RAF Tristar KC1 ZD953 | Bob Adams | Flickr

Try this, closer to the liveries they used then, after the punch up my unit were flown back from Ascencion to RAF Leuchars, via an 8 hour stop in Senegal, in three of them. 

Link deleted, that skin does not work any more and I have not updated it, might get around to it later. 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

Thx Crazy Eddie,

Downloading now, nice plane, but we had R/T probs around Ascension, probably due to time of day and frequency prediction charts go in the bin at Sunrise/Sunset.

Coming back from Falklands the Right engine would not spool up past 70%, no one wanted to go down the back and send 300 pax back off the plane (Considered a dangerous thing to do)

So Rolls Royce guy had the bonnet open for ages, and we made a few restarts, no joy...then he comes aboard and reads the log, tells the Capt to take off and get to 30k+ soonest as it'll work fine there. (That went down well..) Eventually Capt agrees to do the take off and get out to 30k but if it's still duff, he's coming back. No spare engines at Mount Unpleasant so this would be about a week turn round.....   Anyway, off we went it made some odd noises and fluctuation but at 29500 it coughed and cleared itself up to full power as we got to 30 k, took it to 32K and it was humming.  So a good flight, until south of Ascension when we got a bad weather warning, as the radio's became unreadable in lighting storm (R/T is badly affected by lightning) No one could get the wind speed, must've tried about 20 times. hey ho gotta come down anyway. The approach was interesting as the wipers didn't seem to be clearing the water off the windshield. I did mention the small hill in front of the runway at Ascension,  we pulled up a wee bit as the USAF base lights slid down the left side, awfy close.... and then LIGHTS, and down we came, it was not pretty, it was pretty hard and I'm sure we were not pointing the right way a few times....! The pilot said that was the worst landing experience in 40 years of V force and Tanking. Why, because we were NOT cleared to use the ILS system that's fitted to the Tristar, that was compatible with the U.S. system, because the MOD would not cough up for the RAF licence as we had only the Tristar used it, not enought airframes

Edited by flyingscotsman
  • Like 1

Wow, that's horrendous, I recall we were regularly sprayed with that stuff after a short announcement, " A member of the cabin staff will shortly come through the cabin to spray against any mosquito's or bugs that may have entered the aircraft." That happened each time we came back from Belize, just before descent. Could'nt you claim war pension from that?, gets you free pensions for that particular condition only. Unless like me you've made it to the State Pension, unlike the majority of our friends. Well done again for getting everyone back too. 

I've got bad back, knees & feet from being detached to the army so often, so it's fair wear and tear. I have an ex marine physio, and he could not compute, crabfat and all these infantryman's injuries, but on my last visit he said, you either bul****t your stories or an elephant sat on you, your body's battered man. I was really touched by that

That skin's just the job by the way, thanks

I can recommend getting the Maserati car mod and driving around the place, just always start from on the ground, don't let it be on a turning point or you'll start 6k above the place

Condor.....I'm from Dundee....so you know why I joined up, I love the RNAS Condor displays in the early 60's, Scimitar's Sea Vixen's & the Gannet wrecks by the main road. They were great airshows, but I was about the height of a sea vampire main tyre then, but I do remember them well lol

Edited by flyingscotsman
addition

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 1:15 PM, crazyeddie said:

Try this, closer to the liveries they used then, after the punch up my unit were flown back from Ascencion to RAF Leuchars, via an 8 hour stop in Senegal, in three of them. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59seza8siqzca57/DC10-Tristar.zip?dl=0

Hi there, is there any chance I could get this livery please. I have tried the link but it appears to have been deleted.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SteelPig said:

Looks like the P3 has some speed issues. Tried various altitudes and even at 20k without any weapons the speed drops to around 230 KIAS. 

Is it me, or is there a bug?

what patrol speed were you expecting from a turboprop surveillance aircraft?

• Like 1

About P-3C IRL, scramble speed / cruise speed / loiter speed are different each other.

Its cruise speed is 330 knots = 610 km/h (perhaps TAS in middle alt).
Loiter speed is lower as 205 knots = 380 km/h (IAS almost equal to TAS in low alt, with two engines stop and feathered).

DCS's AI won't stop engines and feather props in loiter time, though.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

MV 22 Osprey:

Hi guys. Would you be able to produce a static folded version of the Osprey, using the same skins etc.  I want to be able to park a heap of them along the edge of the flight deck, all folded, making best use of the space etc.

I only need the folded edm really, I can do the rest myself I expect. 

All the very best to everyone.

Eddie 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, buur said:

Why you asking that? You have any problems with the mod? For me working well.

I have the latest update, when I try place an aircraft from the mod in mission editor, none apoearing.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

On 3/20/2023 at 2:06 PM, crazyeddie said:

MV 22 Osprey:

Hi guys. Would you be able to produce a static folded version of the Osprey, using the same skins etc.  I want to be able to park a heap of them along the edge of the flight deck, all folded, making best use of the space etc.

I only need the folded edm really, I can do the rest myself I expect. 

All the very best to everyone.

Eddie 

Bump ! Even a blades only folded version would be a help. 

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1

Hi Urbi - (You know me well !!).

That would be a great start, how did you get them to do that, I have tried a few tricks with the lua that didnt work ?

Ages ago somebody posted an image of the flight deck of an in game LHA with a row of them - wings and blades folded.  I remember thinking at the time it might be a photoshop job but that is what I am really after, the basic static model just takes up far too much space on the deck., and looks completely wrong.

Tenacious Eddie 😀 

Many thanks Urbi, I will set mine up in a similar way.  Arguments are a bit of a mystery to me still, but I am getting there slowly.

Late PM: Did this to all of my skins and made a few slight changes to a couple of the arguments and they look really good. 

Edited by crazyeddie

Anybody that uses this ch53 - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316599/

These are the arguments for the CH53 to create a folded static, add/remove door and ramp Gunners, Opening Rear Ramp and Pilots. 

In this configuration the rear ramp is open, the blades and tail are folded.

If you remove the -- the item named will be shown or removed in the static model.

custom_args =
{
  -- [ 501] = 1.0, -- Door 1 Gunner
  -- [ 502] = 1.0, -- Door 2 Gunner
  -- [ 503] = 1.0, -- Rear Ramp Gunner
   [ 86] = 1.0,  -- Normal Rear Ramp Open
  -- [ 114] = 1.0, -- Remove Pilots
  -- [ 403] = 1.0, -- Add Passengers
   [ 2009] = 1.0, -- Folded Blades and Tail

}

Thanks to Urbi who showed me how this works.

• Thanks 4

This is such an awesome mod!! Thank you to the devs! Has anyone come up with a lua fix for the position of the refueling hose and basket off the KC-10 -d yet? I have been able to successfully refuel from it in a Hornet but the basket is always out in front of the probe by several feet, wobbling around in space. Other than that, and it's KC-130 like fear of receivers getting too close, it's perfect!! 👍 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like crazyeddie, I am looking for V-22s with their engines and wings in this folded configuration. Is it possible with this model by changing an ARG and if so, what ARG entry should we use?

Thanks in Advance

Dz20dMJjsggOoauCKDwp5Hhr8R3kEx-y4GteF_ry

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

That final bit of the wing/engine animation isnt modelled so you can only get a partial fold - if you put the edm into ModelViewr and run the animations you can see what it can (and cant) do.  The animation is given a number on the drop down, from that you can make certain things happen in the static liveries.

Here is an example of one I did:  You can play around with the numbers to get different angles etc but that has to conform to the animations shown in ModelViewer.  So you can have doors open, the ramp up or down, blades folded, engine angle changes.  If you go outside of the numbers sequence shown in the ModelViewer it wont work.

Play around with it to see what you can do. 

livery = {

{"MAM_V22",             DIFFUSE ,              "mam_v22", false};

}

custom_args =
{
   [  0] = 1.0,
   [  3] = 1.0,
   [  4] = 0.5,
   [  5] = 1.0,
   [  6] = 0.5,
   [ 23] = 1.0,    -- door
   [ 38] = 0.9,       -- door
   [ 50] = 1.0,
  -- [182] = 1.0,  -- tail
  -- [292] = 1.0,  -- engines angle
   [888] = 1.0,    -- blades folded
   [999] = 0.0,    -- engines level
}

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Thank you very much Urbi but I have no clue what to do with these .lua files. Do they go in the ME as a script or am I supposed to add them to the mod somehow?

I think they go to replace the ones in MAM folder.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.