Militariy Aircraft Mod

54 minutes ago, HawaiianRyan said:

If cost of the models is a concern, I'd be willing to buy some for these developers to expand this project's offerings.

The model cost is only part of the issue, the Mod authors still need to integrate the raw 3D model onto DCS via a lot of LUA scripting. I once also offered cdpkobra to purchase a Model (a Tu-16 I think) but he wasn't interested at the time, maybe because he also spends his free time on his VSN mod series.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

The model cost is only part of the issue, the Mod authors still need to integrate the raw 3D model onto DCS via a lot of LUA scripting. I once also offered cdpkobra to purchase a Model (a Tu-16 I think) but he wasn't interested at the time, maybe because he also spends his free time on his VSN mod series.

Hello there, If you have any GOOD 3D model, I can integrate it to DCS ! Specially the Russian one.

Regards.

MOD Logo - 100.png

What's also important is the EULA of the model. It needs to allow the end user to freely redistribute the model in a modified form. I assume the .edm format is baked and thus can't be modified without the original, so being able to redistribute that kind of derivative work is a must.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fireballrls said:

are these flyable?

From the first post in the thread: "They are AI Only" 🙄

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, Acefighterpilot said:

Anyone got the B-2 to work? It just spirals into the ground at the waypoint with the bombing task. This is using JDAMs 

Have you tried using the B-52 or B-1B first? It's a good idea to make sure the problem is the B-2, and not your general waypoint setup. The bombing AI can be very fickle regarding whether or not they want to drop bombs.

Usually, you want to give them the bomb command on a waypoint a dozen or so miles from the actual target to give the AI plenty of time to set up their run.

Edited by Xeno426

2 hours ago, Xeno426 said:

Have you tried using the B-52 or B-1B first? It's a good idea to make sure the problem is the B-2, and now your general waypoint setup. The bombing AI can be very fickle regarding whether or not they want to drop bombs.

Usually, you want to give them the bomb command on a waypoint a dozen or so miles from the actual target to give the AI plenty of time to set up their run.

Its definitely the B-2. I can confirm this odd behavior.  I made a custom scenario and would work fine with B-1s or B-52s.  It seems to be with JDAMs.  I did get the B-2 to work the LGBs.  I haven't tried other munitions.  As soon as the B-2 hits the IP when using JDAMs it does a spiral dive into the dirt.  No idea why.  Even set it to not to react to threats and even invisible.  Same thing. 

11 minutes ago, Xeno426 said:

Well, I've seen the B-1B collide with its own bombs when dropping JDAMs.

Me too, but this is totally different.  In this case the B-2 doesn't even make it to weapons release, just starts a left have spiral dive.  No idea why it does it with the JDAMs and not the LGBs

On 4/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, FoxHoundELite said:

it seems the Osprey's rotor is broken after the update no? its rotors is freezing if you set it taking off from the ground. Everything else is fine though 😞

no, in case of Osprey, they're working.

But in CAM engines don't move in case of 737, A320, etc.

Guys I would very much appreciate any guidance here, I am having a problem to get the mod to work. As in the instructions I extract the rar file in the following ''C:\Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft''. but it doesn't get recognized by DCS at all, any thoughts? should I create any other folders or restructure the mode in different way? I referred to the readme text file too but unfortunately with little success.

I am running the open beta 2.7 version. same problem in the stable 2.5.6 version

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Kotb-MO said:

Guys I would very much appreciate any guidance here, I am having a problem to get the mod to work. As in the instructions I extract the rar file in the following ''C:\Users\xxxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft''. but it doesn't get recognized by DCS at all, any thoughts?

I have DCS 2.7 and the Mod works for me, it should appear on the Module Manager:

p8QVq0Y.jpg

and on the Sim:

0280QGW.jpg

Check the path where you install .. should be "aircraft" .. in lower case.

Hi Rudel,

Thanks for your answer, appreciate your help.

sadly it still doesn't work, I've changed the letter to lower case but still can't see it in my module manager. couple of snapshot below, maybe I'm doing something wrong!

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tested!! Torpedo drop from P3

Screen_210508_142213.png

Screen_210508_144030.png

• Like 5

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

very nice work with the torpedoes there. The only thing is that an Air-dropped torpedo typically has a parachute and are dropped from the bomb bay of a P-3

AP-3c dropping a live torpedo | Defence Forum & Military Photos -  DefenceTalk

I know the latter might be a bit difficult due to DCS having the weapons locked, but it's something to shoot for.

• Like 1

Small Update:

Liveries :   add brazillian skin to P3

Main Mod:  Fix for the lights of the planes

B2 should do it work again

Osprey prob fix when taxi on ground

P3 has torpedos as weapon option

some small fixes

KC-10 Drouge Version still not functional

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, BlackLibrary said:

Small Update:

Liveries :   add brazillian skin to P3

Main Mod:  Fix for the lights of the planes

B2 should do it work again

Osprey prob fix when taxi on ground

P3 has torpedos as weapon option

some small fixes

KC-10 Drouge Version still not functional

the prop of Osprey will dissapear if you set them as taking off from ground hot. Can you look into this issue?

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]