Game hangs on DCS logo with back screen.

grant977

Ok so here is the error I get,

Game will start and the I enter the black screen with the dcs logo before the main menue it hangs there.

But here is some weird behavior I noticed.

It will load successfully first time game is started after restart of PC, after that it hangs.

It will load successfully evert time when I disconnect the internet.

What log files do you guys need if any?

• ED Team

Please attach your dcs log it should give us some clues.

Also check if you are using viacom or voice attack which is creating a problem also

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm getting this as well. Seems to related to video settings.

If delete the saved games folder DCS starts ok. Change the resolution to 3440*1440 and hit 'ok', DCS automatically restarts with no issues. Change other graphics settings and on the following restart I get the splash screen, followed by the full-screen logo which is where it hangs. Delete saved games folder and start again...

Went through the above several times last night. Haven't had the chance to figure out what the exact cause might be. Will try and investigate logs this evening.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

I have same proble. No mods, clean 2.5.6. After first launch DCS stops at logo with black backgound. Only ending a proces in task manager helps. Then DCS starts normaly like in previous version.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

It's some combination of resolution and fullscreen for me. After changing to 3440*1440 and enabling full screen it would hang before getting to the main menu.

I edited the options.lua back to 2560*1440 and it still hung, but changing "fullScreen" to false it started again.

Strangely, after then changing it in the options to fullscreen 3440*1440 it started normally again so I've no idea what's going on.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Recognise a lot in this thread

Yesterday I struggled with my antivirus after updating to 2.5.6 beta, now after a clean install and throwing my AV out I could only start the game 2 or 3 times. After altering some options to my previous good working standards the app didn't start intermediately, now it hangs at the ED black start-up screen. Can't do a thing anymore. Last thing I mended in the options of DCS was editing my screen resolution to the normal screen-resolution of my pc-screen...but the app hung after other option changes too...So no definite idea where it all started. Wil attach my logfile, DXdialog and systemlog...hope you find a solution as flying is over for now...Good luck…(Have also tried repairing DCS with the DCS updater tool, no succes)

Jan

dcs.log after several tries to starting.txt

DxDiag.txt

process.txt

Edited by Naveaj

DCS in front Wont Launch.

So here's my interesting issue.

Up until the 2.5.6 update. DCS would launch appropriately. (ish) more to follow on that.

With the 2.5.6 update, things have gotten a bit more intricate.

As the video shows, when launching DCS I've always touched nothing in order for the game to load. So the DCS task would bring itself to front and launch like normal. If prior to 2.5.6 I would go click on something else (ie, Discord) then DCS would hang exactly as it does in the video.

With the new 2.5.6 updates, the addition of the windowed splash screen seems to have reversed the effect. Now in order for the game to launch. I must wait for the splash screen and then click off of DCS. then touch nothing and when the main DCS window pops up it will bring me right into the main menu.

This hang is very consistent in the 1100-1200mb ram area and it will not come out of it. (I've tried waiting for an hour + before)

To Re-cap,

DCS 2.0 - 2.5.5,

Double click DCS icon, Don't touch anything else, just wait and the game goes to the menu,

(if anything else it touched the game would hang and fail to open.)

DCS 2.5.6 +

Double click DCS icon, wait for Small DCS splash window, Click anywhere outside of DCS, Now touch nothing until the game is running. (if nothing is pressed the game will hang and fail to open,)

The Video:

Fist launch is the touch nothing attempt. The second launch is the new 2.5.6 method.

I'm happy to supply as much additional information as needed,

My specs are,

Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x, RAM: 32gb GSkill DDR4 3600mhz, GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070, OS/DCS Drive: Samsung 970 Evo NVME,

DCS 2.5.5 way.txt

DCS 2.5.6 way.txt

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I have this issue too since the first 2.5.6 update (currently I have 2.5.6.43931).

On startup, the game remains stuck on the DCS World black screen.

I noticed this happens only when I am in full screen mode, at any resolution. If I switch to windowed mode, DCS loads correctly, so it is not a show-stopping issue (but I'd prefer to play in full screen :) ).

After the first 2.5.6 update, I deleted the "fxo" and "metashaders2" folders in the "Saved games" folder as per instructions. I also disabled all my mods (SRS, Tacview, A-4E, MB.339), but to no avail.

Deleting options.lua did not help either.

I made a repair after every update.

I'm attaching my DCS log to this post.

Thank you for your assistance! :)

dcs.txt

My aircraft spotting website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

• ED Team
I have this issue too since the first 2.5.6 update (currently I have 2.5.6.43931).

I noticed this happens only when I am in full screen mode, at any resolution. If I switch to windowed mode, DCS loads correctly, so it is not a show-stopping issue (but I'd prefer to play in full screen :) ).

After the first 2.5.6 update, I deleted the "fxo" and "metashaders2" folders in the "Saved games" folder as per instructions. I also disabled all my mods (SRS, Tacview, A-4E, MB.339), but to no avail.

Hi

Please try increasing your pagefile it is set to low at the moment

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

If that does not work please ensure you have removed any unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users

Please see my crash advice link below

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've had the same issue. It's very intermittent and there is no crash log created that I can tell. I did do a fresh install, repairs, cleans, renaming "DCS.Openbeta" to "Temp", checked firewall settings, pagefile size etc etc. It still happens. Restart the PC and it works for a bit then the problem comes back. Any ideas on how to log this issue to trace what is wrong?

System Specs: Virpil WarBRD Base, Virpil Mongoose T-50CM stick w/Virpil desk mount, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/Virpil desk mount, MFG Crosswind RP, TrackIR 5, Stream Deck 32, Windows 11 Home 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600, Asus X570 TUF Gaming Pro WiFi MoBo, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc 319, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD 7200rpm, 2TB WD Blue HDD 5400rpm, 1TB WD Black 750 NVMe M.2 SSD, No Optical drive, Onboard Audio + Avid Eleven Rack Audio Interface.

Hi

Please try increasing your pagefile it is set to low at the moment

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

If that does not work please ensure you have removed any unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users

Please see my crash advice link below

thank you

Thank you for your assistance! Unfortunately, it did not help :(

Hoping it may help narrowing down the cause, as a comparison I'm attaching the log file created with the sim in windowed mode, and thus loading correctly (please note that in this case I did not deactivate any mod).

dcs.txt

• ED Team
Thank you for your assistance! Unfortunately, it did not help :(

Hoping it may help narrowing down the cause, as a comparison I'm attaching the log file created with the sim in windowed mode, and thus loading correctly (please note that in this case I did not deactivate any mod).

please remove all of your unofficial mods then do a full cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

You may need to rename your dcs folder in saved games location and keep it as a backup and allow dcs to create a new one to rule out a mod / setting / or config error

thanks

please remove all of your unofficial mods then do a full cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

You may need to rename your dcs folder in saved games location and keep it as a backup and allow dcs to create a new one to rule out a mod / setting / or config error

thanks

Done, but the problem appears anyway.

I noticed one thing however... while the screen is stuck on the black "DCS World" logo, I can hear the menu music in the background. It almost seems like the menu actually loaded, only I cannot see it.

In my "normal" install I disabled the menu music, that's why I noticed this only now.

Log attached.

Thank you for your efforts :)

dcs.txt

I have the same thing. Try to click on the desktop after you boot up the game before it loads to the screen. I haven't tested it enough times, but so far it works for me.

• ED Team

are you using voiceattck or viacom?

If so disable them

are you using voiceattck or viacom?

If so disable them

Nope, I'm not using any of them.

But...

I have the same thing. Try to click on the desktop after you boot up the game before it loads to the screen. I haven't tested it enough times, but so far it works for me.

So far this is working great! It may be an unorthodox fix but hey, it works :D

I'm going to link a post I made where I have a similar issue. Hopefully this can get worked out.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264374

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I had this issue after updating to 2.5.6.43872 (the hotfix).

I could remedy it by deleting the options.lua in the saved games dcs folder and let DCS rebuilt it. After setting everything up as I had before, the game start didn't hang a single time since then.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.