HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

If anything is being produced in China expect delays, they have just had their 'golden week' holidays in the first half of October and all manufacturing facilities have been closed, expect things to hopefully pick up pace towards the end of the month.

If anything is being produced in China expect delays, they have just had their 'golden week' holidays in the first half of October and all manufacturing facilities have been closed, expect things to hopefully pick up pace towards the end of the month.

Every time I have ordered something directly from China, it has arrived weeks ahead of schedule. That includes two items that were scheduled to get here in December, but arrived a week ago. So far its been my experience that the Chinese are surprisingly efficient, no matter what they have going on it seems.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I would be surprised if HP hadn’t taken Chinese holidays into consideration in announcing a release date.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I would be surprised if HP hadn’t taken Chinese holidays into consideration in announcing a release date.

exactly. any competent supply chain model accommodates for such "planned" events, one would think...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

they start shipping !!!

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Hi John,

Just a quick note to say little has changed since the HP Press release of September 24. All is going to plan since that statement. Delivery to first pre-order customers is expected first week of November. There are too many variables at this point to give an exact day. Please be assured we will get them out immediately we receive them.

Thank you for your patience.

If you have any other questions or wish to contact us please email reverb@systemactive.com

The SystemActive team

Reports that the G2 at half resolution is clearer than the Rift S at full resolution... I'm wondering how many, who have pre-ordered the G2, expect to be able to run DCS at full resolution vs running it at 50% resolution at an acceptable FPS? and with what GPU?

:smartass:

Thanks

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Reports that the G2 at half resolution is clearer than the Rift S at full resolution... I'm wondering how many, who have pre-ordered the G2, expect to be able to run DCS at full resolution vs running it at 50% resolution at an acceptable FPS? and with what GPU?

Thanks

Sorry, but why would it be any different to running a G1 in DCS?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Will be running as high as I can get it on my new system, which should be here around the same time as the G2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I certainly expect to make compromises considering it's gonna be driven by a 1080Ti until I can get my hands on a 30-something. For starters I'm hoping I can offset the increase in resolution with less reliance on supersampling (coming from a Vive Pro). Beyond that it's impossible to say until I get hold of the hardware.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

So... is that a vote for 50% or 100% and what is your GPU?

I have only used the CV1 and Rift S, never tried the G1. :thumbup:

170% and GPU is 2080Ti about to become 3090.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

From HP on Reddit a few minutes ago...

HP Reverb G2 Shipping

Hello! We have received our final units and are so excited about the HP Reverb G2 product. We are officially in production and started shipping the first units to our channel partners.

**What does that mean for you?**

Pre-orders will start being delivered in early/mid November and continue throughout November and December.

**When will the HP Reverb G2 come to my country?**

The HP Reverb G2 pre-orders have now launched in 27 countries. We don’t have specific dates for additional countries at this point, but we are working to roll-out to additional countries.

**Should I wait for the HP Reverb G2 Omnicept Edition?**

The HP Reverb G2 is targeted for Consumers and Businesses. The HP Reverb G2 Omnicept is targeted for Enterprise and Developers.

**Tell me something to get me extra jazzed....**

We mentioned comfort and clarity in our last note and continue to be amazed by this. Kaiser’s favorite thing about the final units: Of course the lenses and calibration are great. But what gets him really excited is the production version of our controllers. The final texturing, fit and finish feel great in your hands and the trigger and button presses now feel “right.”

**Thank you!**

We are so excited for your HP Reverb G2s to start arriving. We continue to be grateful for the community, partners, reviewers and press. It makes our work really fun and worthwhile! Thank you for the passion for this product. We will see you in VR!

Kaiser, Voodoo and Joanna

https://preview.redd.it/92hehlqfhpv51.jpg?width=1275&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=21f79b763f452b975f9bb96c88eb48e055b68f66

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Thanks

I run my HP Reverb G1, same resolution as G2, just fine now at 100% resolution :) That is with a RTX 2080 Super (meaning non Ti). The thing is, with such a high native resolution on the Reverb G1 and G2, compared to Rift and others, you don't need to go as high with super sampling and all that to get a clear picture. :) So many will discover that they won't need to push all that many more pixels around the screen anyway. :)

Really looking forward to getting G2, with better lenses with better sweetspot, better sound system, better panels (dirty screen effect gone, better colors and contrast), hardware IPD adsjustment, better cable.... resolution might be the same, but the new lenses and panels... got my RTX 3090 today btw ;)

• Like 2

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

I run my HP Reverb G1, same resolution as G2, just fine now at 100% resolution :) That is with a RTX 2080 Super (meaning non Ti). The thing is, with such a high native resolution on the Reverb G1 and G2, compared to Rift and others, you don't need to go as high with super sampling and all that to get a clear picture. :) So many will discover that they won't need to push all that many more pixels around the screen anyway. :)

Although that is true to an extent, you still need to push the SS to get even better clarity.

I certainly expect to make compromises considering it's gonna be driven by a 1080Ti until I can get my hands on a 30-something. For starters I'm hoping I can offset the increase in resolution with less reliance on supersampling (coming from a Vive Pro). Beyond that it's impossible to say until I get hold of the hardware.

Seems too good to be true, but I appear to have landed an EVGA 3080 on Amazon this morning. Supposedly due here on Friday but I'm not believing that until I see get a shipping notification.

Kinda relieved this popped up before a silly money 3090 did.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Here I am waiting for a 3080ti after the AMD reveal lol.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well, I placed my pre order this week and have been informed that the ETA to warehouse is the 3rd of November so hope to have the headset in around a week from then.......

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

My 3080 acquisition took a bit of a twist after I posted the above on Weds. Got an alert that the Founder's Edition was in stock at Scan and managed to nab one of those, arrived yesterday. Never had a FE before but I really like the look of them this time round. Cancelled the EVGA and saved myself £60 in the process.

Haven't got round to trying DCS with it yet, that's something for this weekend. G2 can't arrive soon enough now.

My 3080 acquisition took a bit of a twist after I posted the above on Weds. Got an alert that the Founder's Edition was in stock at Scan and managed to nab one of those, arrived yesterday. Never had a FE before but I really like the look of them this time round. Cancelled the EVGA and saved myself £60 in the process.

Haven't got round to trying DCS with it yet, that's something for this weekend. G2 can't arrive soon enough now.

Let me get this clear.

1) You saw a 3080 on Amazon UK and you paid for it to arrive today. (I have never seen any 3080 or 3090 listed on Amazon UK despite looking every day, sadly.)

2) You got notified by Scan that they FEs in stock and you bought one of them. (The FE is not even a stock Scan item!)

So, most of us have been waiting a very long time to get our GPU from Scan, and somehow by magic, you get informed they have FEs in stock, as well as Amazon having 3080s in stock.

You must be some kind of magician. I'm jealous!

I'm also going to ask Scan how they managed to get FEs, but yet didn't offer them to existing pre-order customers.

To clarify: Scan aren't actually selling the FE's via their website, but were chosen by Nvidia as the UK distributor. When they're in stock on the Nvidia website you're redirected to Scan who process the order.

And yes, I am a magician.