Just wondering when we're going to see A-G radar?

Capn kamikaze

You're the first person to ask this question :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

QuiGon' date=' I know I am not, [b']but I was wondering about where it stands now.[/b]

Thanks for useful contribution though...

Have a look into the "Mini Updates" threads by Wags. Last postings 03-31-2020 each:

Hornet:

Hey everyone,

We currently have a heavy focus on the Hornet, with a couple of very complex and time-intensive features like the TGP and AG radar. Here are the Hornet items that the team is currently working on:

Further targeting pod features

AG radar

AA radar display fixes and additions

Datalink fixes

AIM-120 behavior

AGM-65 corrections

Improvements to gun funnel

Thanks,

Wags

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4266842&postcount=183

Viper:

Hey everyone,

While a lot of effort is currently on the Hornet, the Viper is also still getting a lot of love. Here are the items currently being worked on:

Added HACK time

Adjusted strobe light

Updated engine and throttle audio

CNI adjustments

External skins

Improve performance

Damage modeling phase 2

AIM-120 Active and TTI indication adjustments

Adjusted IFF HOTAS commands

Tuning NWS authority

Thanks,

Wags

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4266853&postcount=40

So it looks like "soon" for the Hornet and not so soon for the Viper.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I opened my Langenscheidt flight sim devs edition and it said soon = not this year, see also: everything is subject to change icon_redface.gif

Well we had this often enough icon_exclaim.gif

I think the Viggen and JF-17 already have one. smilewink.gif

Well, just one of them actually working with distinct visual terrain differences and not eating up 95% of the framerate... can you see a lake on the other? I can't - but the sea looks different... icon_question.gif

I'm open for pleasant surprises though fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

To me it looks soon for both.

Because there is no sense for the same team to switch between two modules and developing same tech twice for both. Instead they are developing tech on one and then transfer it to another.

So what your quoted lists means more, is that what the team is working on either module, and then look both as complete list that what both are getting (that are for both).

So because Hornet is having A-G radar, it doesn't mean that Viper gets its much later, as they get to work it on the Viper then easier afterwards.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

To me it looks soon for both.

Because there is no sense for the same team to switch between two modules and developing same tech twice for both. Instead they are developing tech on one and then transfer it to another.

So what your quoted lists means more, is that what the team is working on either module, and then look both as complete list that what both are getting (that are for both).

So because Hornet is having A-G radar, it doesn't mean that Viper gets its much later, as they get to work it on the Viper then easier afterwards.

I agree. Look at the TWS for example in the past. The Viper got TWS first then Hornet couple of weeks later.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• ED Team

Dear all,

Thankfully, the Hornet and Viper AG radar modes are remarkably similar. As such, and like TWS, the initial heavy lifting for the Hornet AG radar mode will make the Viper AG radar mode much easier and faster.

Kind regards,

Matt