Hornet bugs after each update ...

Arbil

So, the MFDs are still unreadable in the sunlight and now the A/A radar barely works? Maybe if you guys try real hard ED you can just release a patch where you can't even load into the jet at all and make us wait weeks for you to fix that too. Come on man. The amount of game breaking bugs that are getting past internal builds to the open beta is unacceptable. I know it's open BETA but damn. Come on. I fully expect this post to be removed ...

+1.

A quick hotfix to fix the HUD and DDI issues was all we wanted. Last week's patch was good in lots of other ways.

Instead we've got major issues again. I though the new idea was improved closed beta testing?

Last weeks patch added things we have been waiting YEARS for and simultaneously made the game unplayable. Its insane. This weeks attempt to fix those issues made the game unplayable for different reasons. lol

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

So, the MFDs are still unreadable in the sunlight and now the A/A radar barely works? Maybe if you guys try real hard ED you can just release a patch where you can't even load into the jet at all and make us wait weeks for you to fix that too. Come on man. The amount of game breaking bugs that are getting past internal builds to the open beta is unacceptable. I know it's open BETA but damn. Come on. I fully expect this post to be removed ...

I feel the same as well as many others, but ED isn't famous for allowing customers to speak their frustrations, so take it easy with these comments.

Stay safe

I posted over on hoggit too, just for posterity and more exposure. I am tired of the damned game barely being in a playable state when we get it. I really hope ED starts implementing some sort of change to the way they are sending out these open betas.

I posted over on hoggit too, just for posterity and more exposure. I am tired of the damned game barely being in a playable state when we get it. I really hope ED starts implementing some sort of change to the way they are sending out these open betas.

More exposure? Posterity?

LOL

Just go back to stable dude :)... This is YOUR fault. Not ED's. YOU chose to use the OB.

Yeah...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I sound like a 6 year old? OK ... lol People like you are the reason most choose to not post on these forums.

Well... if they choose to post crap like this... I'm OK with that.

Seriously man...

On your Hoggit post you say

"I do understand it's BETA. But still, it's a public beta. I would rather go the length of time between updates like the stable release than get absolutely broken updates each couple of weeks in BETA then wait weeks for them to be patched. "

WTH?

So... out of one side of your mouth you're saying "I want to play beta but it has problems I don't want to deal with"... then out of the other side you say "I'd be fine with just waiting to play a stable version".

One of those is a lie.

You're speaking in a specific way on BOTH sites that is designed by you to stir crap.

If I can call people on their BS and make them think twice about having completely asinine responses to OB releases that are, BY DESIGN, supposed to have problems... when THEY HAVE THE OPTION to DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY YOU WOULD RATHER DO...

Yeah dude...

Edited by M1Combat

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

The problem is that the mass of errors from OB goes to the stable version. Even in OB there should not be such obvious errors, that's what the test team is intended for. Beta players are to track down other minor bugs.

Beta is not to make it broken

The whole point of Open Beta is to check that things are fixed, and getting better, not to find the fubar's. When an 'update' actually makes a module less usable, that's a step backwards. It also shows that ED didn't do any QC on the module to see if they could discover if their patch had disabled something or not. DCS wide we had illumination problems for the last week on almost every aircraft, including stable FC3 planes that don't need much in the way of tweaking. This weeks 'fix' addresses almost all of those illumination issues, but with proper QC before release they would not even have occured

Some of us may sound like petulant 2-year olds, others sound like the Curmudgeon in the Cul de Sac who tells kids to get off his lawn. But we ALL suffer, probably needlessly, due to coding errors from ED, most of which is probably not even necessary to go near.

I, too, am very tired of the wonky things that happen, like the elevation foible from the last 'fix' on the TDC, or the RWR warning that should have never existed. It seems that with all the 'coders' that ED employs, you could set aside one guy per airframe to thrash it and check for these little foibles before the update is released. It SEEMS like that would be the case. If I was involved I'd have at least some dedicated testers doing nothing but checking things for compatibility. Since this is apparently not the case, it points to a severe problem with ED's business model, which is ingrained from the top down.

The way to stop all this is to just not fly, not participate, and not buy. ED will get the message very quickly. But no one is willing to do that. I've solved more than one problem in my life by throwing it back at the guy wanting me to check it out and telling him to fix it himself. Suddenly peoples attitudes change when they realize they do not have you over a barrel.

I can go back to the F15 any time I want, and I do it a lot. The F18 will eventually come around. But at least I have a backup plan.

Mediocrity is doing things THEIR way.

Sheikh

DCS’s white knight is back to save the day. How predictable.

Maybe he can fix the radar, DDIs, Nav lights, SLAM, Damage model and The LPOD with the power of blowing smoke. All of those were introduced last week and worsened with today's "hotfix"

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Seriously man...

"I do understand it's BETA. But still, it's a public beta. I would rather go the length of time between updates like the stable release than get absolutely broken updates each couple of weeks in BETA then wait weeks for them to be patched. "

WTH?

So... out of one side of your mouth you're saying "I want to play beta but it has problems I don't want to deal with"... then out of the other side you say "I'd be fine with just waiting to play a stable version".

One of those is a lie.

You're speaking in a specific way on BOTH sites that is designed by you to stir crap.

If I can call people on their BS and make them think twice about having completely asinine responses to OB releases that are, BY DESIGN, supposed to have problems... when THEY HAVE THE OPTION to DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY YOU WOULD RATHER DO...

Yeah dude...

Do you think posting like this is going to help your cause?

+1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

FA-18 update for clarification:

1]"TDC scan altitude readout changes as the radar goes through each individual bar - fixed"

This reads to me that the TDC upper and lower altitude numbers on the A/A radar constantly change with each bar sweep...if so I don't see this happening.

2]"Add The sounds for throttle (throttle lims/throttle transition from Idle to Off and back/from mil to AB and back)"

I may be hearing a little increase in engine pitch not sure if it's the same as before this update in any case I still don't think it's loud enough.

3]"HUD intensity corrected for non FC3 aircraft"

True, but as mention previously the L & R DDI still not fixed.

A few items for comment.

Personally, I’d be glad to use Stable, but wait, broken JDAMs and TPOD for Hornet, so no difference...

Intel Core i5 7600k, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070, SSD

VKB Gunfighter Mk. III + MCG PRO, Saitek X52PRO, Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

FC3, Fw 190D, P-51D, BS2, A-10C, F-86F, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV, UH-1H, Bf 109K-4, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B

Seriously man...

WTH?

One of those is a lie.

Yeah dude...

That whole 'caps lock to make my point, in case it isn't obvious to you' doesn't make you sound much older than him. Even though you do have some valid points.

This is not the bug section of the forum so he's free to post his opinion whatever it is.

For sure :).

But if the point of view he's coming from is pretty crap... then he'll need to put up with being told that.

Just like I'm willing to deal with people that tell me mine is ;).

So tell me... Since you've said you don't want to come down to my level...

Go ahead and stay on his and explain how saying one thing on one site, then saying darn near the opposite on another is reasonable.

Really...

On one site "This is BS we shouldn't have to deal with game breaking bugs every couple weeks in the OB... Do better"

Then on the other "I get it's an OB, but... I'd be willing to wait as long as the stable releases so I don't have to deal with bugs".

I'm just telling him to take option 2 man :)... that's all.

He specifically said he's willing :).

Also... He decided to throw ED under the bus for releasing a BETA with bugs.

FA-18 update for clarification:

1]"TDC scan altitude readout changes as the radar goes through each individual bar - fixed"

This reads to me that the TDC upper and lower altitude numbers on the A/A radar constantly change with each bar sweep...if so I don't see this happening.

2]"Add The sounds for throttle (throttle lims/throttle transition from Idle to Off and back/from mil to AB and back)"

I may be hearing a little increase in engine pitch not sure if it's the same as before this update in any case I still don't think it's loud enough.

3]"HUD intensity corrected for non FC3 aircraft"

True, but as mention previously the L & R DDI still not fixed.

A few items for comment.

Have you tried using the option in the Audio Settings that makes the AB sound more pronounced? I find it a huge help.